Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum28/)
-   -   What have you done to your truck today? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/730516-what-have-you-done-to-your-truck-today.html)

nflfreak43 10-09-2010 02:59 PM

the valve covers are done getting painted and are drying.. the alternator and smog pump bracket are off.. bout ready to pull passenger side exhaust manifold, then the head comes off......

here are a couple phone pics just to show where i'm at, wont upload the good pics till im home tonight..

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._2219196_n.jpg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._2471487_n.jpg

skyfox10 10-10-2010 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by hammerhead90 (Post 9420171)
Hm. What years did yours come from? the one I took off is like the one in the foreground of your pic, but it's obviously a lot more restrictive.

That particular one, was off of a 95. I have another one just like it from my 96. Yours is the first I've seen like that.

truckerboy 10-10-2010 03:54 AM

Chevy ain't really that bad. I was a Chevy boy and still stopped in. Why, because you all are the best at fords.

but dodge just ain't getting touched.

Got one question. Is the T19 Hydrolic clutch flywheel the same as the T19 manual clutch flywheel?? And are the bellhousings the same??

Redcat Diesel 10-10-2010 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by truckerboy (Post 9421959)
Chevy ain't really that bad. I was a Chevy boy and still stopped in. Why, because you all are the best at fords.

but dodge just ain't getting touched.

Got one question. Is the T19 Hydrolic clutch flywheel the same as the T19 manual clutch flywheel?? And are the bellhousings the same??

Flywheel will be the same. Can't help on the bellhousing. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

nflfreak43 10-10-2010 03:10 PM

as long as they came from the same engine they should be the same i would think, but i not 100%.

truckerboy 10-10-2010 03:26 PM

I would think so. but Cant hurt to make sure before I start ripping out the hydrolics to replace it.

Jason Lewis 10-10-2010 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by 86F150302 (Post 9411078)
Hauled some scrap metal to the scrap yard and got a whopping $7! .... But whatever..

Figured Id get more for my old F150s stock Ibeams.. Also had alot of exhaust piping, bed rails, and steel shelving.. But whatever.. Atleast its out of my way now.

Also figured my high fuel pressure was telling me I needed a new FPR so I went and got one.. Wrong one.. so got a 95 Lightning FPR and it was $45 instead of $25.. Went home swapped them out and my fuel pressure is still running 52 psi.. So im guessing its my sender for my gauge.. So that should be getting sent back for an exchange.

Ohh.. I also shortened my antenna.. Cut 13" off it. Looks muchhh better now and doesnt hit my garage door when driving in. :-X04

Take a pic of that antenna, i had the same problem years ago with the old one!

75Three90 10-10-2010 08:37 PM

the Ford gods have shined down on me, my wife told me to get rid of the truck i was like wtf???? she told me to get somthing like a mustang thats carbed (cause i bitch about EFI ALL THE TIME) and so im getting a 1991 5.0 GT mustang that has been converted to Carb NO ELECTRONICS AT ALL it even has an old school vaccum controled dizzy the motor has gt40 heads, edelbrock high rise intake RV cam and a 650 edelbrock carb with a C4 tranny

TexasGuy001 10-10-2010 09:20 PM

Why would you cut the end off the the antenna? The little ball on the end wont be there and it will look goofy?

TexasGuy001 10-10-2010 09:20 PM

You'll probably have a blast with the 5.0!

75Three90 10-10-2010 09:31 PM

i know i will lol cant wait

carolinakid 10-10-2010 11:18 PM

clay bar'd the front of the truck including the doors, and waxed it... thats as far as i made it! hahaha

LCAM-01XA 10-11-2010 01:14 AM

Dedicated the entire afternoon and evening to on-board air setup install. This involves a York-type A/C compressor from a mid-'70s Torino, I picked it up with all its mounting brackets plus the belt tensioner for just $10 a few weeks back. I suspect that if I had a gasoline engine this could have been pretty much a direct bolt-in affair, however I have an IHC diesel - none of those had a York-type A/C compressor from the factory, and their accessory drives are way different from anything that is gasoline-powered Ford, so I had to build my own mounting brackets for the York. Thankfully my Saturday's junkyard run yielded in another set of diesel-specific PS pump brackets, and since I found a few pumps laying on the shelf too I was able to mock the entire setup on the work bench. What I produced with just three scrap pieces of angle iron and some cutting and welding fit on the engine perfectly, and IMHO made the York look kinda like it belongs in there... I still have to change my belts around and also wire up a switch for the compressor clutch, but that's a job for tomorrow. I'm actually pretty stoked about this, since I plan on using it to fill up tires and run air tools - when Z-day comes, I will be ready :D

Marine5811 10-11-2010 04:19 PM

Got handles installed to help me and the wife hop in and painted the passenger side with a real quick rattle-can job to control some rust. Probably sand down that paint today and start working on my in-bed spare tire mount. I've been rolling around town without a spare. Not really ideal. My wife could always bring me my spare, but how silly is that?

LCAM-01XA 10-11-2010 08:44 PM

Alex, bolt the spare wheel on the front bed wall, right behind your (driver-side) seat - it don't really obstruct your view in any direction, and it don't really get in the way when it comes to filling up the bed with stuff.

On my end, York is wired up and running good - fills up a 2-gallon tank up to 120psi in about 30 seconds with the engine idling at 800 rpms. Belt shakes quite a bit when the pressure starts rising tho, methinks an idler pulley will take care of this issue rather easy - now I just need to find one that will fit, and then figure out a way to bolt it on there...