Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Minnesota Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum86/)
-   -   Hey it's the September BS thread!!! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1186596-hey-its-the-september-bs-thread.html)

HP junkie 09-04-2012 09:03 PM

Hey guys!

Just chillin on the couch watching TV.

fordpower88 09-04-2012 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Jbotto (Post 12236379)
Just got back from a 3.5 hour lab out in a restored prairie. Pretty fun, but haven't eaten since 11 and even that was hardly anything. Gotta go find some food! Talk with you all tomorrow!

You beter eat something mister! LOL

Originally Posted by Skill_Kills (Post 12236576)
6 pages already!!! dang im too slow for you guys. Had a great weekend up in Gilbert. went wheeling and chilled with some good friends and met some of the rock crawling club that makes some of the trails up there. took hardly any pictures and 1 video, went on some truck only trails with my wheeler and had an absolute blast.

smacked an Hyundai santa fe on the way up but only bent up the bracket from the bumper to the frame rail. looks fine to the average person though.

also, im still on my quest for a 5th wheel hitch and camper, the one in menomonie sold before i could go look at it and the ones i have looked at are kinda junk. cheap is my budget for sure now that my buddy found me a 54 1 ton for $350

also thought this song fits well for this crew:
LoCash Cowboys - If We All Drove Trucks (live in Atlantic Beach, NC) - YouTube

off to the neighbors for some grillin, ill cya later guys

Brian I believe Lee has a hitch for sale and maybe one of the other guys as well. What is your budget and layout your looking for? We can find you a camper and spend your money! :D

Originally Posted by Ford79 (Post 12236799)
Good evening guys.

That really sucks to hear Troy.

Good evening Mike! Yeah it was not good.

Originally Posted by dlibson (Post 12236945)
Evening all! How goes it?

Evening Dave! All is going good here tonight!

Originally Posted by HP junkie (Post 12237023)
Hey guys!

Hey Cory!

HP junkie 09-04-2012 09:31 PM

Well time for bed.

fordpower88 09-04-2012 09:33 PM

Have a good night Cory!

DieselCamper01 09-04-2012 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Skill_Kills (Post 12236576)
6 pages already!!! dang im too slow for you guys. Had a great weekend up in Gilbert. went wheeling and chilled with some good friends and met some of the rock crawling club that makes some of the trails up there. took hardly any pictures and 1 video, went on some truck only trails with my wheeler and had an absolute blast.

smacked an Hyundai santa fe on the way up but only bent up the bracket from the bumper to the frame rail. looks fine to the average person though.

also, im still on my quest for a 5th wheel hitch and camper, the one in menomonie sold before i could go look at it and the ones i have looked at are kinda junk. cheap is my budget for sure now that my buddy found me a 54 1 ton for $350

also thought this song fits well for this crew:
LoCash Cowboys - If We All Drove Trucks (live in Atlantic Beach, NC) - YouTube

off to the neighbors for some grillin, ill cya later guys

Sounds like fun. I have not been there but I have been to Spider Lake a few times.

I believe both Lee and Tom offered hitches Brian.

Originally Posted by Ford79 (Post 12236799)
Good evening guys.

That really sucks to hear Troy.

Hello Mike.

Originally Posted by dlibson (Post 12236945)
Evening all! How goes it?

Hello Dave.

Originally Posted by HP junkie (Post 12237023)
Hey guys!

Hello Cory.

Originally Posted by fordpower88 (Post 12237056)
You beter eat something mister! LOL

Brian I believe Lee has a hitch for sale and maybe one of the other guys as well. What is your budget and layout your looking for? We can find you a camper and spend your money! :D

Good evening Mike! Yeah it was not good.

Evening Dave! All is going good here tonight!

Hey Cory!

Hello Troy.

Originally Posted by HP junkie (Post 12237160)
Well time for bed.

Good night Cory.

Originally Posted by fordpower88 (Post 12237174)
Have a good night Cory!

How goes it tonight Troy? How was Jase's first day?

fordpower88 09-04-2012 10:06 PM

Hey Jay! Jase's first day went good! He said he was excited to go back so that is good.

DieselCamper01 09-04-2012 10:19 PM

That is great! Makes the rest of the week a lot easier.

Gonna head to bed. Have a good night Troy.

fordpower88 09-04-2012 10:22 PM

That's what we are hoping for!

Have a good night Jay! I am gonna head out myself.

mndiesel 09-04-2012 10:51 PM

Brian I do have a hitch for sale, its a reese 16k with a blue ox bedsaver Blue Ox BXR4400 BedSaver - Husky and Slider 16K : Amazon.com : Automotive, still on it.. It about 4 years old and still looks great. Bought a truck with a flip over ball in it and bought a companion hitch. Maybe Mike could post pic since its up at his place, Let me know

mndiesel 09-04-2012 10:52 PM

Hello to the rest of you

mndiesel 09-04-2012 10:52 PM

Night Jay and Troy, gees I guess I will disappear to.

msmenne17 09-04-2012 11:14 PM

Good evening everyone!

Well ... the transmission saga continues. Now, it's leaking at the back of the pan where it meets the gasket. I kept smelling transmission fluid. I looked under the truck this weekend and saw it dripping on the ground while it was sitting and not running. That was after sitting for a week. I checked the fluid and it was about 1/2 quart low. I drove it a bit this weekend. It was being kinda weird, but nothing too bad. Today, it got real bad. It started not shifting from 2-3 and then started shifting HARD. No OD light. I checked the fluid and it wasn't even registering now. I'll have to drain it and pull the pan when I get a chance. I'm guessing the bolts are either too tight or the lip on the pan is warped somehow. This sucks.

Busy day other than that. Time flew at work and didn't get hardly anything accomplished at all. Got a good portion of the durock cut and screwed in for the tub. I have to take one of the pieces out tomorrow and figure out why it isn't sitting right.

Good night all!

Excursion4X4 09-05-2012 04:49 AM

Good Morning All!

Ford79 09-05-2012 05:23 AM

Good morning everyone.

HP junkie 09-05-2012 06:16 AM

Good morning Dale, Mike and MN.

Looks like another day in paradise today.

Racer5349 09-05-2012 06:16 AM

Good morning Dale and Mike. Another day of opportunity is upon us!

fordpower88 09-05-2012 07:33 AM

Good morning Dale, Mike, Cory, Jim and the rest of FTE stopping by today!

Everyone have a great Hump Day!

Geez Michael you can't catch a break with that truck!

msmenne17 09-05-2012 08:21 AM

Good morning everyone! Anyone get any storms last night? We got a small, but very strong t-storm. Knocked down some branches on the block and knocked out power just before midnight until about 4am. The storm combined with the power outage freaked out my daughter. We're trying to work with her on not being so afraid of storms. Last night didn't help.

I suppose I better get motivated. I have the morning off watching kiddos and getting stuff done around the house (I'd like a functioning shower some time soon).

msmenne17 09-05-2012 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by fordpower88 (Post 12238125)

If I'm going to pull the pan again, I'll probably just order a new pan and gasket set from rockauto. It's about $50 for the combination. Then I can guarantee the thing is solid. Plus, I'll have a drain plug. The OEM pan didn't come with a drain plug.

DieselCamper01 09-05-2012 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by msmenne17 (Post 12237628)
Good evening everyone!

Well ... the transmission saga continues. Now, it's leaking at the back of the pan where it meets the gasket. I kept smelling transmission fluid. I looked under the truck this weekend and saw it dripping on the ground while it was sitting and not running. That was after sitting for a week. I checked the fluid and it was about 1/2 quart low. I drove it a bit this weekend. It was being kinda weird, but nothing too bad. Today, it got real bad. It started not shifting from 2-3 and then started shifting HARD. No OD light. I checked the fluid and it wasn't even registering now. I'll have to drain it and pull the pan when I get a chance. I'm guessing the bolts are either too tight or the lip on the pan is warped somehow. This sucks.

Busy day other than that. Time flew at work and didn't get hardly anything accomplished at all. Got a good portion of the durock cut and screwed in for the tub. I have to take one of the pieces out tomorrow and figure out why it isn't sitting right.

Good night all!

Bummer on the tranny Michael.

Originally Posted by Excursion4X4 (Post 12237904)
Good Morning All!

Good morning Dale (not that you will ever see this)...

Originally Posted by Ford79 (Post 12237925)
Good morning everyone.

Good morning Mike.

Originally Posted by HP junkie (Post 12238009)
Good morning Dale, Mike and MN.

Looks like another day in paradise today.

Good morning Cory. How is the new job so far?

Originally Posted by Racer5349 (Post 12238010)
Good morning Dale and Mike. Another day of opportunity is upon us!

Good morning Jim. Aren't you Mr. Positive this morning. LOL

Originally Posted by fordpower88 (Post 12238125)

Good morning Troy.

Originally Posted by msmenne17 (Post 12238228)
Good morning everyone! Anyone get any storms last night? We got a small, but very strong t-storm. Knocked down some branches on the block and knocked out power just before midnight until about 4am. The storm combined with the power outage freaked out my daughter. We're trying to work with her on not being so afraid of storms. Last night didn't help.

I suppose I better get motivated. I have the morning off watching kiddos and getting stuff done around the house (I'd like a functioning shower some time soon).

The schools are very good at getting the children scared of storms.

Originally Posted by msmenne17 (Post 12238260)
If I'm going to pull the pan again, I'll probably just order a new pan and gasket set from rockauto. It's about $50 for the combination. Then I can guarantee the thing is solid. Plus, I'll have a drain plug. The OEM pan didn't come with a drain plug.

That may not be such a bad plan.

fordpower88 09-05-2012 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by msmenne17 (Post 12238260)

Sounds like a good idea and then you can make sure there are no surprises laying in the bottom of the pan before your warranty runs out.

Originally Posted by DieselCamper01 (Post 12238385)
Good morning Troy.

Good morning Jay! Did you get your kitchen all back together after the painting?

DieselCamper01 09-05-2012 10:11 AM

We did Troy. Now onto the rest of the house...

wildstang 09-05-2012 10:39 AM

Good morning and have a productive hump day MN

DieselCamper01 09-05-2012 10:43 AM

Hello Jim. You also!

arnoldhunter 09-05-2012 10:54 AM

Good day! It is a fine time for some brunch!

Question: Can new bed hardware be used on old style beds? In other words, if I remove the bolts with nuts can I re-install with the new style of self tapping bolts? I'm having a line-x liner sprayed in and the old bolts may or may not survive the procedure.

DieselCamper01 09-05-2012 11:17 AM

Hello Eric. I have no answer for you on that. But you are correct that it is a fine time for brunch!

Jbotto 09-05-2012 12:19 PM

Hey everyone! Happy Hump Day! Alarm set for 630 woke me at 830. Kind of an "oh SHOOT" moment when I jumped out of bed this morning. Made it to my 900 class however so all was good. Done with class for the day now, but trying to get some stuff done while I'm at school, so I don't have to come back later. I more than likely will anyways. No storms up here last night. But it looks like it might be warm again today!

fordpower88 09-05-2012 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by DieselCamper01 (Post 12238566)
We did Troy. Now onto the rest of the house...

Oh boy you are painting the whole house.....that sounds like no fun to me!

Originally Posted by wildstang (Post 12238631)
Good morning and have a productive hump day MN

Hey Jim!

Originally Posted by arnoldhunter (Post 12238687)
Good day! It is a fine time for some brunch!

Question: Can new bed hardware be used on old style beds? In other words, if I remove the bolts with nuts can I re-install with the new style of self tapping bolts? I'm having a line-x liner sprayed in and the old bolts may or may not survive the procedure.

Hey Eric! Not sure on that question either.

Originally Posted by Jbotto (Post 12238936)
Hey everyone! Happy Hump Day! Alarm set for 630 woke me at 830. Kind of an "oh SHOOT" moment when I jumped out of bed this morning. Made it to my 900 class however so all was good. Done with class for the day now, but trying to get some stuff done while I'm at school, so I don't have to come back later. I more than likely will anyways. No storms up here last night. But it looks like it might be warm again today!

Hey Jake! Sounds like you might need a louder alarm clock! LOL

Jbotto 09-05-2012 12:40 PM

Yeah Troy! I fell asleep at 645 last night and slept til 9 so I had a tough time falling asleep last night.... For some reason!

DieselCamper01 09-05-2012 12:58 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

I am not painting the whole house. Just something to do everywhere.

wildstang 09-05-2012 01:30 PM

Hi Troy. FTE isn't sending me email notifications so harder to keep up with chats

fordpower88 09-05-2012 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Jbotto (Post 12238992)
Yeah Troy! I fell asleep at 645 last night and slept til 9 so I had a tough time falling asleep last night.... For some reason!

Two words.....Screaming Meanie!! You will wake up to this set at 120db. Had one when I drove truck and that thing was loud! Amazon.com: Screaming Meanie Timer and Alarm Clock with 120 dB Alarm: Electronics

Originally Posted by DieselCamper01 (Post 12239045)
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

I am not painting the whole house. Just something to do everywhere.

Yeah because it won't end there. Once the walls are all nice and painted the you need new carpet and it goes one from there!

Originally Posted by wildstang (Post 12239130)
Hi Troy. FTE isn't sending me email notifications so harder to keep up with chats

You should probably just refresh the screen every few minutes to make sure you aren't missing anything! :D

wildstang 09-05-2012 02:56 PM

You guys aren't that exciting. LOL

fordpower88 09-05-2012 03:07 PM

Geee sorry we couldn't be more exciting for you! :D

Jbotto 09-05-2012 03:41 PM

I might have to look into that one sometime Troy! Thanks. For now, I just have to rely on my phone. I went back for lunch around 2 and am back at school. It's such a nice day I decided to walk back to school. It was a bit over a mile, and a relatively nice walk. I might start walking more often while the weather is still nice. That way I'm not draining my gas tank on two little trips everyday.

msmenne17 09-05-2012 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by fordpower88 (Post 12239263)
Yeah because it won't end there. Once the walls are all nice and painted the you need new carpet and it goes one from there!

Sounds like the house we are renting. There is so much work errr ... potential.

fordpower88 09-05-2012 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Jbotto (Post 12239401)
I might have to look into that one sometime Troy! Thanks. For now, I just have to rely on my phone. I went back for lunch around 2 and am back at school. It's such a nice day I decided to walk back to school. It was a bit over a mile, and a relatively nice walk. I might start walking more often while the weather is still nice. That way I'm not draining my gas tank on two little trips everyday.

Yep might as well walk while you can!

Originally Posted by msmenne17 (Post 12239450)
Sounds like the house we are renting. There is so much work errr ... potential.

Aren't houses fun! :D

Jbotto 09-05-2012 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by fordpower88 (Post 12239552)
Yep might as well walk while you can!

Oh yeah! I have a sneaking suspicion that when winter comes, I could just be picked up with the wind and whisked away to school. It'll be interesting to see what winter is like up here, when compared to Ely. I bet it'll be a bit warmer, but the windchill factor will make it feel right at home.

arnoldhunter 09-05-2012 05:50 PM

Where are you now Jake?

Jbotto 09-05-2012 06:08 PM

Hey Eric! It's been awhile since I've seen you on here! But then again, I'm not on as much as I'd like. I have transferred to U of M Crookston now and will hopefully finish up in two years for 5 years of schooling total. How is everything with you?