Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum28/)
-   -   FTE Friends (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/867148-fte-friends.html)

HrdDrv 07-13-2009 10:37 PM

My B.I.L.'s rig was repaired, (Remember him?)
http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/t...Picture005.jpg

He was on his way home from work, and take his camper to get it inspected. (Crunch)
Got it back, and I hook up to the camper to check the brakes on the trailer, etc. All is good... the other day, he's on his way home from work, (I see a pattern here...) and the tranny gives up the ghost.:-banghead

I offer him the use of the Raven till he gets his back, on the condition that he keeps Raven away from that trailer!

9.ford.5 07-13-2009 11:44 PM

hey rockin300 is that Rod Pickett's pete 359 i see in your sig?...i love that guys truck haha, ive only seen 2 359s working for peterbilt up here, the nice one was an 84, all black and chromed out with a big 3408 v8 caterpillar that was also chromed out (biggest chrome valve covers ive ever seen LOL)original interior and everything and he works it too, completely stunning truck 8D and the other was an ugly old beat up farm work truck with 30,000,000,000 miles on it LOL

sorry :-offtopic

anyway, this site is very informative i agree...if you have a good idea you will know it, if you have a bad idea you will know it, you have no freakin idea, you will shortly! :-partybud:-drink

ROCK ON FTE! :-X25

FlaredFun 07-14-2009 01:04 AM

This site and the people on here ROCK!!!:-X22

WooT!

BigSix1 07-14-2009 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by quicklook2 (Post 7711587)
what brought this on?

you drinking too much beer?

anyway i will third :-X25

Nah...Bill's just a "modern man," in touch with his feelings, and secure enough to express himself.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...
--LOL (That last was for any Seinfeld fans here, who might get the reference.)

Just kiddin' Bill--I feel as you (and others, obviously) do here--this is a very warm, VERY knowledgeable community, and I'm proud to be a member. Thank you for taking the time to verbalize what I think many of us also feel--and for doing it so well.:-X22

I will also add that I appreciate the fact that the quality of the writing here is generally better than on a number of other sites I frequent, and that is a BIG plus. Clear writing begets clear thinking, IMHO.

Thanks again, Bill. You are an excellent ambassador for FTE!

6CylBill 07-14-2009 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by BigSix1 (Post 7716058)
Nah...Bill's just a "modern man," in touch with his feelings, and secure enough to express himself.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...--LOL (That last was for any Seinfeld fans here, who might get the reference.)

Just kiddin' Bill--I feel as you (and others, obviously) do here--this is a very warm, VERY knowledgeable community, and I'm proud to be a member. Thank you for taking the time to verbalize what I think many of us also feel--and for doing it so well.:-X22

I will also add that I appreciate the fact that the quality of the writing here is generally better than on a number of other sites I frequent, and that is a BIG plus. Clear writing begets clear thinking, IMHO.

Thanks again, Bill. You are an excellent ambassador for FTE!

Thank you very much BigSix, that's a big compliment!

I know what you're saying though. Clear and well wrote threads are a huge plus. I go insane trying to read threads with no cammas or periods. I know I don't have a lot of room to talk though, when I get on a role, it's hard to stop these fingers. :-D

Chevy 6.2D 07-14-2009 09:37 AM

Yeah, I love this place! :-drink:-partybud

traxx808 07-14-2009 05:12 PM

i also would like to say thanks for all the help i get here on FTE from fellow enthusiasts & this site is great for making great friends & happy i stumbled on to this web site!!!!!

guitarnik 07-14-2009 05:19 PM

what everyone else said. i dont say much so ill just 100th what has been said

dgshear 07-14-2009 10:31 PM

Add another to the list...

I will be a follower here and simply agree with what everyone else has said. I know that everyone here has saved me a lot of hassle a number of times.
-DGS

HrdDrv 07-14-2009 10:48 PM

Aww Mainnnn.
Driving Raven today for the first time in a week, after I fixed my radius arm bracket, I hear a noise. Much like a u-joint run dry. But, I will put this aside for now, and thank ALL the responders to this thread, not only for the help supplied, but the supporters that hang in here. YOU GUYs/GALS Rock!:-drink

optikal illushun 07-14-2009 11:01 PM

aww, this is like a big happy family...who handed out the X that everyone is so friendly? lol.

Milwaukee1979F150 07-14-2009 11:01 PM

this is great forum

I have meet 1 member in person before it was worth for 190 miles round trip.

This forum have taught me learn about engine and transmission.

everyone are friendly. my goal is reach 1,000 post before Nov 2009

SouthernBlues 07-15-2009 06:18 PM

Nothing better than good freinds and ford trucks

9.ford.5 07-15-2009 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by SouthernBlues (Post 7722878)
Nothing better than good freinds and ford trucks

and a few (dozen) cold beers! :-innocent:-missingt

sadly no-one i know of on here is located within 600km of me hahah i am a loner

70torino429 07-15-2009 11:06 PM

lol..we all needa go on a cruise together or meet up some day. Id really like to meet some of you dudes and kick back for an evening.