Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Mexico Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum208/)
-   -   Blown BFG Tire and Gila/Tucson Pics (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/809561-blown-bfg-tire-and-gila-tucson-pics.html)

F0rdFre@K 02-12-2009 01:28 PM

Saturns go over 100?

dodmort 02-12-2009 09:12 PM

Well
it had those silly lights in the middle of it...u know those really weird looking driving ligh!!!!!!!!
oooopps
better shut my mouth,
guess i own a car that has those silly driving lights in the middle....
Sorry Carroll S.

F0rdFre@K 02-13-2009 09:38 AM

HAHAHAHA!!! Well, I don't have silly lights but, I do see people with silly colored lights behind me every so often. That's when I really think they want to race. So, I PUNCH IT!!!

powrstrkr 02-16-2009 08:00 AM

I'm gonna take back what I said about never buying BFG or Michelin tires again. I should have said I'd never buy them unless I got a super killer deal. Worked one out at the Cottonwood Discount tire the other day. I looked at the YOKO Geolander ATs but they don't come in load range E in 285s for 16in rims. So I'm getting a set of BFG AT 285/75 R16s in load range E, mounted, balanced, out the door for $596. I can't pass it up. I'll get them next weekend if they have them in. That includes giving them back the new tire I bought in Tucson to replace the shredded one. And a replacement warranty without having to deal w/ Michelin. If I'd had the warr on the old set I'd have gotten a new tire free in Tucson. And they don't have white letters on the sidewall. I can make that sacrifice. Being a loyal customer at Discount Tire really pays off. I'm sure they'd cost a whole lot more if my rims were 18 or 20in right Eddie! Haha!

F0rdFre@K 02-16-2009 08:25 AM

Yeah, rub it in... bastid...

powrstrkr 02-16-2009 10:08 AM

I gotta tell ya I was tempted to get new black/stainless rims. I like that look. Not chrome or polished - just the stainless or aluminum look mixed with black. But my wallet started screaming so I'll hang onto my factory Alcoas for now.

F0rdFre@K 02-17-2009 12:07 AM

I'm ready for some black rims. Gonna go all black on my truck. Blackout headlamps, taillamps, markers, dechrome the badging on the side of my truck and install black flares and paint the bumpers black. Only thing left will be my rims. Those chromies gotta go. :D

powrstrkr 02-17-2009 07:35 AM

I had good luck hammer blacking my chrome B2 badges. I sanded them down which wasn't easy but once I did a couple coats w/ a hammer black rattle can looks pretty good. Almost 2 years and it hasn't flaked off yet.

F0rdFre@K 02-17-2009 08:09 AM

Cool........

BChance 02-17-2009 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by powrstrkr (Post 7147085)
I'm gonna take back what I said about never buying BFG or Michelin tires again. I should have said I'd never buy them unless I got a super killer deal. Worked one out at the Cottonwood Discount tire the other day. I looked at the YOKO Geolander ATs but they don't come in load range E in 285s for 16in rims. So I'm getting a set of BFG AT 285/75 R16s in load range E, mounted, balanced, out the door for $596. I can't pass it up. I'll get them next weekend if they have them in. That includes giving them back the new tire I bought in Tucson to replace the shredded one. And a replacement warranty without having to deal w/ Michelin. If I'd had the warr on the old set I'd have gotten a new tire free in Tucson. And they don't have white letters on the sidewall. I can make that sacrifice. Being a loyal customer at Discount Tire really pays off. I'm sure they'd cost a whole lot more if my rims were 18 or 20in right Eddie! Haha!

Sorry I took so long to get back.. Yes they are D rated, but look at the weight rating....3305 per tire @ 60 psi..your E rated BFGs are 3415 @ 80 psi..and the Yokos are R (106) rated for speed, the BFGs are Q (90)..

In a nutshell, I can theoretically carry 220 lbs LESS than you, but I can carry it faster! The Yokos have a bit more plush of a ride, without feeling mushy, even with a 3500 lb (+/-) camper sitting on it, and they seem to hold up better, longer..

You did get a decent deal on the BFGs though....but since I mount and balance my own, I got em for $420.00.....and a half hour out of my day.
[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Bryan/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]
https://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gal...d=188671&.jpg=

That is them with the Camper on....they don't squat much at all....

powrstrkr 02-18-2009 08:14 AM

They look pretty nice - nice truck too!
I hope you don't go 106 w/ the camper!

BChance 02-18-2009 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by powrstrkr (Post 7156118)
They look pretty nice - nice truck too!
I hope you don't go 106 w/ the camper!

Only downhill... It's an old truck.

:-liessign

Thanks! I like it.. Had a lot of trucks...this one is my favorite. It will be around awhile.

Sooper-Doodie 02-18-2009 10:46 PM

I worked at AMARC for 4 years. I had the best 4 years of my life working there and living in Tucson.

BTW: F-14s are being scrapped because WE sold the Iranians those F-14s but usually when we sell the jets we include access to the used parts. In this case we didn't and Iran thought they could just get parts anywhere but couldn't.

During the years I was working at AMARC there had to have been more than a dozen thefts per year. One inparticular, was a person who lived directly across the street from the reclaimed (salvaged) P-3 aircraft (area 23 if you know) in the area on the east side of Kolb rd. They found over $14m worth of radio equipment and old might vision pods from F4 Phantoms.

I worked in the F4 drone area getting the old warbirds to fly for three years, then took a break and moved to the A10 SLEP line.

It sure was cool seeing them go from junk to flight.

powrstrkr 02-19-2009 08:40 AM

I know what you mean SD. When we were on that tour bus I was wondering how many of those F-4s, A-6s, A-7s, F-14s, CODs, A-5s, etc were attached to the USS Forrestal air wing when I was on that ship between 76 and 79. And here they are sitting in mothballs waiting for who knows what?

Sooper-Doodie 02-20-2009 05:46 PM

All of the navy/marine F-4s are slated for reclamation to support the F-4 drone program. When all the F-4s are exhausted, they will be making F-16s into drones.

There are quite a few A-6 and A-7 planes left, f-14s file in one or two at a time and leave one or two at a time.

If you have any tail numbers I could tell you if they are there or not.