Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum31/)
-   -   2018 edition TorquePro 7.3L PSD Tablet / Phone PID Monitoring (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1523900-2018-edition-torquepro-7-3l-psd-tablet-phone-pid-monitoring.html)

SaintITC 01-18-2018 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Tugly (Post 17723033)
10 characters

There, I fixed that for ya.
Well, 13 characters. And this would be funnier with a strikethrough font. :-wink

Tugly 01-19-2018 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by timmyboy76 (Post 17734295)
....Tugly, everything else is good. How critical is the (0x) before the pid #....

0x? I thought all my stuff was a 22 prefix... I'll look again.

Originally Posted by SaintITC (Post 17735843)
There, I fixed that for ya.
Well, 13 characters. And this would be funnier with a strikethrough font. :-wink

Some time ago, I discovered another way to type nothing into a post. If you look at that post again, you'll see what I mean.

Tugly 01-19-2018 05:34 AM

OK... I found the problem. I am such a boob at times... that's the problem.

I was using Open Office spreadsheet to edit the files, and it corrupted some of the information in there when I saved to a CSV file. On top of that, Torque Pro added the 0x in the formula when I exported it... that wasn't me. I have deleted the corrupt file, and replaced it with a file that I repaired with Notepad. Since Notepad doesn't lay out the info in a way that's easy to spot errors, I can't say I didn't miss something... but I proof read what's there.

While I have been delaying the shift, I have now been given the reason to yank the antiquated Open Office out of my old laptop and install Libre Office.

Sous 01-19-2018 07:23 AM

Office can be sketchy at times. My wife is in the finalizing stages of publishing her first book which she wrote on Office 2010. I helped her edit some of the content with Office 2016. Although it is the same file, when you open the document in Office 2010, it is not the same formatting or even some of the words are swapped out. It took us a couple of hours of fighting with it, but in the end we just upgraded to Office 2016 through the house.

Microsoft is very bad for your health, mentally and physically.

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to make our lives easier.

Bran_SVT 01-19-2018 10:44 AM

Well, my no data issue is now solved.. Turns out it was the OBDII adapter... I had the KOBRA one from amazon and it did not work with the extended PIDs. I tried the BAFX one from amazon and it worked perfectly...

Dan V 01-19-2018 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Sous (Post 17736737)
......but in the end we just upgraded to Office 2016 through the house.

Microsoft is very bad for your health, mentally and physically.

Was quite comfortable on Word 2010....but oh man, do I dislike 2016.

Tugly 01-20-2018 05:39 AM

Libre Office, guys. I can read, edit, and save files to/from MS Excel of every era. I can't swear to the compatibility with other MS Office products... like Word, but if Excel is an example - I'm sure they're all fine. I use spreadsheets, PDFs, emails, and texts... that's about it.

Tugly 01-30-2018 03:10 PM

I take it there have been no more complications since my last revision to the files?

timmyboy76 02-01-2018 07:10 AM

My EOT was a few degrees higher than iat, but that was just cat first start up. Noticed though, TFT(which v there's 3 of them), none give me trans temp...:(

Tugly 02-01-2018 08:55 AM

I suggest adding Torque Scan and look for the PID in there. I'd like to know what's different from my PID.

L-ight 02-01-2018 10:25 AM

Subscribing to this thread. I picked up a Android headunit with a BT OBD2 port. Will be purchasing the Torque pro app once I have it installed in truck. Is it pretty straight forward on getting the gauges I need setup/operate?

ExPACamper 02-01-2018 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Tugly (Post 17768103)
I suggest adding Torque Scan and look for the PID in there. I'd like to know what's different from my PID.

I've used that to find PIDs on OBDII vehicles, but never had ANYTHING show up on my 2002 Excursion?

Tugly 02-02-2018 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by L-ight (Post 17768482)
Subscribing to this thread. I picked up a Android headunit with a BT OBD2 port. Will be purchasing the Torque pro app once I have it installed in truck. Is it pretty straight forward on getting the gauges I need setup/operate?

Head units vary widely. Some work just like a tablet and you can link to a laptop via Bluetooth, or you can plug in a thumb drive and transfer all the files to automate the process. Others will only allow media (music and videos) to flow out of a thumb drive, and only mirror a smart phone over the Bluetooth.

Android head units are way more likely to be used like a tablet, so this might be as simple as downloading the files from my first post and placing the files on the head unit the way I did my tablet and phone.

Originally Posted by ExPACamper (Post 17768504)
I've used that to find PIDs on OBDII vehicles, but never had ANYTHING show up on my 2002 Excursion?

The only Excursion work I've done was with my older version of AE, and that worked just fine. AE has its own scanner that fires up any time it hooks up to a vehicle not stored on the hard drive. Maybe PATS has something to do with the blocked scan... maybe the scanner or Torque Pro has an option/setting that needs clicking. I dunno... I don't have an Excursion at my disposal to tinker with.

unleashd 02-03-2018 08:58 AM

Rich
Thanks for the hard work in putting these PIDs, dashboards etc. together. Finally getting around to setup a few gauges on the old Samsung note phone here. Once I get the F650 dash configured, I am planning to make space for a 8" Samsung tablet to be mounted on that along with a few switches for lights etc. Here's a WIP screenshot. I do have some duplicates in there. Display size Tiny is too small to read at night, and Small takes up a lot of real estate. Going to test this for a few days before making other adjustments.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...bef3e4b417.jpg

Landscape view

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...b367fb7b88.jpg

Portrait view

coax9952 02-03-2018 07:38 PM

Too Much! Too Much! That screen makes My brain hurt! :-rip