Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Arkansas Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum175/)
-   -   December All Topic/Off Topic Thread (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1282940-december-all-topic-off-topic-thread.html)

Mysterman68 12-19-2013 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by zhilton (Post 13858857)
And I was stuck at work. Guess what the weather is going to be like on my days off? Yip, you guessed it...downpour of rain. Yet more proof that Mother Nature is a psychopath.

Hahahaha...just keep smiling. Only consolation is that you know it'll change eventually.......typical Arkansas weather. As long as it's not that freezing rain/black ice.:-X03:)

npccpartsman 12-19-2013 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by zhilton (Post 13858857)
And I was stuck at work. Guess what the weather is going to be like on my days off? Yip, you guessed it...downpour of rain. Yet more proof that Mother Nature is a psychopath.

It is a full moon, isn't it?? At least you're not riding the tail end of the train doing switch duty during our forecast flood.....:-X04

npccpartsman 12-19-2013 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Mysterman68 (Post 13859786)
Ggggood Mmmorning Arkansas!

Hope everyone is well and ready for Christmas.

Welcome to Arkansas, Mysteryman68. If you like to fish I can point you to some dang good crappie spots down in that area. Sure ain't none up here :'(

Mysterman68 12-20-2013 08:06 AM

Gggood Mmmorning Arkansas!

To "nccpc parts man".....thanx for the offer. I just may take you up on that. And thanx for the welcome.
I got a surprise UPS delivery last night. My sister sent me a tiny xmas tree with lights and presents to put under it. Wasn't that kewl? I never have a tree. Just a single guy solution I guess. Only 5 more shopping days!!

Mysterman68 12-23-2013 07:05 AM

Ggggood Mmmorning Arkansas !

Only 2 shopping days till Xmas!

zhilton 12-24-2013 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by npccpartsman (Post 13861381)
It is a full moon, isn't it?? At least you're not riding the tail end of the train doing switch duty during our forecast flood.....:-X04

The joys/pitfalls of experience, the company thinks your worth more wiggling sticks (running a locomotive) than making those high powered decisions about where to go (conductor). On a crappy day I'm happy to be in the cab where it's warm & dry...but when it's 75F and crystal blue skies, I envy the conductor. I'll take back have the mean things I said about Mother Nature. Today and tomorrow (other than the cool temperatures) will be down right awesome. And it's December...so lows in the 20/30 isn't that uncalled for.

Looks like it'll be a busy day tomorrow for me...so Merry Christmas folks!

Mysterman68 12-25-2013 07:52 AM

Ggggood Mmmmorning Arkansas!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

Mysterman68 12-27-2013 06:56 AM

TGIF.......I guess. To us retirees everyday is a Friday or Saturday or Sunday.......lol.

zhilton 12-28-2013 07:42 AM

Guess everyone is still busy playing with their new toys. Scott, I thought of you Wednesday while leave Dad's over in Maumelle. Some clown in a '08-'10 F250 decided he needed to show me just how awesome his truck was. Lets just say the truck had been modified...considering the amount of smoke coming out of the back of that DPF equipped truck. It was a light grey extended cab/short box that said something like "Royce Dozer" on the side. Not sure if he felt he needed to prove something or if he saw my truck going down the interstate that day headed home from the GTG and wanted to show me he could do that as well.:confused:

Originally Posted by Mysterman68 (Post 13884918)
TGIF.......I guess. To us retirees everyday is a Friday or Saturday or Sunday.......lol.

For those of us still stuck at the salt mine...there was two Monday's this week. There should be a law against that.

Mysterman68 12-30-2013 06:09 AM

Ggggood Mmmmorning Arkansas!

Some good bowl games this week. Sorry Arkansas isn't playing in one of them. But they will !

zhilton 12-31-2013 05:56 AM

Hard to believe this is it for 2013. Here's to a prosperous 2014 gentlemen.:-drink

Originally Posted by Mysterman68 (Post 13894296)
Some good bowl games this week. Sorry Arkansas isn't playing in one of them. But they will !

Yeah they are...the toliet bowl! I can't stand OU fans...so I'm looking forward to the 'bama/OU game...should be another whooping for OU this year.}>

Mysterman68 12-31-2013 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by zhilton (Post 13898004)
Hard to believe this is it for 2013. Here's to a prosperous 2014 gentlemen.:-drinkYeah they are...the toliet bowl! I can't stand OU fans...so I'm looking forward to the 'bama/OU game...should be another whooping for OU this year.}>

Yep, figured Texas would get beat. Alabama will crush OU......hehehehe..}>

npccpartsman 01-01-2014 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by Mysterman68 (Post 13898217)

Yep, figured Texas would get beat. Alabama will crush OU......hehehehe..}>

I figured A&M would crush Duke too, but that was a helluva football game. I hope 'Bama ain't sleepin.....ROLL TIDE (for this game ONLY)

Mysterman68 01-01-2014 08:07 AM

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Yes, that was one good Texas A&M game. Today I'm rooting for Nebraska, Wisconsin and Michigan State. We'll see how things turn out. All Big 10 teams. Goooo Huskers!

Mysterman68 01-02-2014 08:40 AM

Those were some good bowl games yesterday. Today will be interesting.