Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Excursion - King of SUVs (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum29/)
-   -   Rear window struts (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1010528-rear-window-struts.html)

19Flareside95 12-23-2010 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by XbigXredX (Post 9615799)
Just buy the wife a pair of Prada 6" heels and everyone can benefit..........:-bigparty

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or better yet, the acrylic ones!!!

Ummms 01-02-2011 11:46 PM

ebay was the best deal i could find for getting the replacement rear window supports

$26.98 with free shipping and Lifetime Warranty

Kragen is overprice . . . . you can pretty much always beat their price

its either time or money!

Beachbumcook 01-03-2011 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Ummms (Post 9768547)
ebay was the best deal i could find for getting the replacement rear window supports

$26.98 with free shipping and Lifetime Warranty

Kragen is overprice . . . . you can pretty much always beat their price

its either time or money!

Great... glad to hear.

FYI - Got mine at O'Rielly's Auto Parts for the same price... and they to come with a lifetime warrenty. If I have any issues, I just go back to the store and there is not shipping involved. The counter was so nice, he even installed them for me and it took 5 minutes. Since they install wiper blades and batteries, they did the struts for me.

If you find one parts company more than another national brand company, go on-line and print off what you want and then price shop... they will probably price match or beat it... and if you ask nice, they may install for you like they did for me. I am sure here in Kansas City, that Advance, O'rielly's and others will meet each others price for the same "lifetime warrenty window strut"???

I use the internet to find my best price, then go to the local parts store and negotiate... if I get what I want great... if not, then I just order on-line. Obviously sales tax and shipping have to be factored into the equation when necessary... and if you can afford to wait for the part to be shipped.

Glad it worked out for you... that's what is important.

Skip1970 01-11-2011 10:54 PM

well they sent me some new ones, i think one of the others leaked out out.. anyhow i put them in backwards of the way i put the other ones in this time,.

what way are your guys installed? what end on gate and what end on body?

last time i replaced them how they were already, maybe the previous owner had them in wrong.

Jimbabwe52 08-20-2016 01:18 AM

Mike's video

Originally Posted by 1ATony (Post 9570228)
Here's a video Mike did over here on an Excursion tailgate. It'll give you an idea on how the glass ones pop off too.

We carry the Ford Excursion tailgate struts
Hope this helps,
Tony;)

YouTube - 1AAuto.com Install Replace Tailgate Lift Support Strut Ford Expedition 1997-02

The video Mike made covers the back gate, but does not offer the guidance on the glass supports. Those on my Expedition are different than the ones for the back gate and the hood. Well, I've replaced the hood supports, but not had to replace the back gate, and have no reason to believe those are different than the video shows. The back glass supports are definitely different in the way they are secured and I'm unable to find any guidance anywhere... okay... I DO have a Chilton guide, but have not consulted it yet for the supports I have ordered from 1A.