Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum31/)
-   -   Tool bag for picking up my new PowerStroke 7.3 - And now, Skippy's Build Thread (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1361445-tool-bag-for-picking-up-my-new-powerstroke-7-3-and-now-skippys-build-thread.html)

Glowplugger 05-04-2015 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by TheBigBee (Post 15321671)
Glad to hear you got her all cleaned up. I am waiting for a socket so I can pull mine I'm hoping it is my no start problem and not my HPOP.

Did you already order it? If not, I can ship mine out to you and it won't cost you anything. Save a buck :)

Originally Posted by aawlberninf350 (Post 15322038)
After a few tanks that should clear up and then run PS in the grey bottle or similar.

Just keep up on fresh oil and filter, the IPR should stay clean.

I just cleaned out my entire fuel system pretty much when I dropped the tank so I'm probably buying the wrong thing. There was a ton of yellow yuck in there though. Is that algae?

I'll swap to the grey bottle next tank. :-X22

Thanks for all the tips guys.

That rubber door seal weatherstrip stuff from Rock Auto was 36" (3 feet) short, btw. I emailed them about it and I think they're going to get it fixed. :-drink

TheBigBee 05-04-2015 09:58 AM

Thank you for the offer. I got one of the guys here in Michigan to bring one over yesterday morning. I hope to tear it out this week sometime.

Glowplugger 05-04-2015 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by TheBigBee (Post 15326250)
Thank you for the offer. I got one of the guys here in Michigan to bring one over yesterday morning. I hope to tear it out this week sometime.

Great! It's kinda like yanking a spark plug. The second time around is much easier LOL!

Skippy and I went for a drive this weekend he got hot on me, not engine temp, but A/C temp. I figured I'd sprung a leak somewhere again but when I went to add freon the pressure was through the roof. I mean off the gauge!

I stuck a screwdriver in the port and let it blow out - I mean I responsibly reclaimed the freon to an approved container and gave it to Greenpeace. Then as soon as the pressure was back within acceptable limits (about 50 seconds or so of PSSSSSSSSSTTTT!) I unplugged the clutch, plugged it back in, and off it went again.

It pulled the pressures down two cans worth (about what I let out?) so I put dye and freon in it up to snuff. Anyone ever hear of that? Turn the car off and the low side pressure goes through the roof? :-huh

Glowplugger 05-05-2015 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Glowplugger (Post 15326946)
Anyone ever hear of that? Turn the car off and the low side pressure goes through the roof? :-huh

Well the guys in the AC department say this is a normal thing. Its a "resting pressure state" when the AC compressor is off. So I might have compressor or sensor issues. Next time it bugs out on me I'll test those. For now, it's just icicles on my nose :-X04

frambin 05-05-2015 07:23 PM

Awesome write up and pics on the IPR valve.

Slyhuntr 05-05-2015 10:14 PM

Glow, tried the OBDII connector last night with Torque, could pair but not connect to the truck. I tried it on my 97' Rav4 and the set up works great on it so I know it's not defective equipment. Are you running any tunes on your truck or different programming like Tow safe etc? My truck has a "tow safe" program from Super Chips, I wonder if that could keep me from communicating. I have a trip planned this weekend so I don't plan to drop the original tunes back into truck but I may do it when I get back.

Glowplugger 05-06-2015 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by frambin (Post 15330269)
Awesome write up and pics on the IPR valve.

Thanks! That one was tough in my mind, then I got started on it and it turned out to be a snap.Seems to have killed my surges too :-X22

Originally Posted by Slyhuntr (Post 15330743)
Glow, tried the OBDII connector last night with Torque, could pair but not connect to the truck. I tried it on my 97' Rav4 and the set up works great on it so I know it's not defective equipment. Are you running any tunes on your truck or different programming like Tow safe etc? My truck has a "tow safe" program from Super Chips, I wonder if that could keep me from communicating. I have a trip planned this weekend so I don't plan to drop the original tunes back into truck but I may do it when I get back.

No, I'm fully stock here.

Glowplugger 05-07-2015 12:51 PM

Well this past 24 hours we've had 8 inches of rain fall. Yep, that's not a mistype, EIGHT friggin inches of rain. That's too much rain for the rain forest, much lest the plains of the good ol' US of A.

Skippy didn't like it one bit either. He peed all over his head and it ran down the headliner, down the floor, and made a mess. I have the new rubbers on so it's not leaking from there. I'm thinking cab lights, rear brake light, or this TSB about bad drip rails. To fix the problem I ordered some fancy Motorcraft brand clear silicone. I'll let ya'll know how it goes.

SaintITC 05-07-2015 01:30 PM

Quite a few folks here have had issues with leaks from the overhead running down the windshield and wreaking havoc with this thing called the GEM. I haven't seen one, have no idea where it is, have no leaks in my cab, and haven't had problems with it. But based upon the long list of truly oddball complaints about it, I'd do something to keep that water from getting behind the dash.

SaintITC 05-07-2015 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Glowplugger (Post 15335127)
Well this past 24 hours we've had 8 inches of rain fall.

It's only called rain fall when it comes down straight. From what I've seen on the TV weather, what you've been getting in your neck of the woods is anything but!

Hope all is good with you and yours down there in OK!

Glowplugger 05-07-2015 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by SaintITC (Post 15335223)
Quite a few folks here have had issues with leaks from the overhead running down the windshield and wreaking havoc with this thing called the GEM. I haven't seen one, have no idea where it is, have no leaks in my cab, and haven't had problems with it. But based upon the long list of truly oddball complaints about it, I'd do something to keep that water from getting behind the dash.

I pulled out the Marshmallow and parked Skippy in the garage. He'll be A-OK until I can get him siliconed. :-jammin

Originally Posted by SaintITC (Post 15335236)
It's only called rain fall when it comes down straight. From what I've seen on the TV weather, what you've been getting in your neck of the woods is anything but!

Hope all is good with you and yours down there in OK!

So far we're all OK, along with everyone we know. Friday is looking iffy but then again on Saturday they're saying MANY tornadoes should be making an appearance. We rarely get a big alert like that in our area, but with El Nina being supersized this year the warning area is all over the north for Saturday. You guys that pray might put in a good word for us.

There was one lady that got in her shelter last night and survived the tornado, but the dang rain drowned her! I never thought about that so we'll be putting a hand pump in ours tonight just to be safe.

Glowplugger 05-08-2015 04:44 PM

Well I just found AutoEnginuity with everything activated (Ford bundle through Toyota bundles). Now I need to find an adapter that will work. Partway there!

http://i57.tinypic.com/s42k3c.jpg

Pitcrw6 05-08-2015 05:15 PM

Did you buy AE with all those bundles or did you find a copy on the interweb and down load it?

Glowplugger 05-08-2015 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Pitcrw6 (Post 15338179)
Did you buy AE with all those bundles or did you find a copy on the interweb and down load it?

Borrowed. The program's not complicated once you get it open. I just need to find a good adapter and I'll be in buzz-ness lol. I'll report back what I find out.

scotttahoe 05-08-2015 07:06 PM

Dude!!! You guys alive out there?!? I saw on the news that you were in some heavy rainfall and tornadoes. Unless not that close to you.