Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.7L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum205/)
-   -   This is prolly a 1 page thread at most (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1183425-this-is-prolly-a-1-page-thread-at-most.html)

Dakster 03-29-2015 07:01 PM

Roy, but I do have heated washer fluid. I put this in:

Welcome to AlphaTherm the world leader in the development of Heated Wash

Believe it or not, I had heated washer fluid on my *ahem* Silverado... Glad I got rid of that truck because the system in it burned a bunch of trucks to the ground.

golfmedik 03-29-2015 08:09 PM

25 Attachment(s)
Evening guys! Been camping all weekend here. Weather was sunny, but chilly with the wind, but a great time nonetheless! Hope all is going well. Been catching up on some reading here. Nice kitchens and beautiful planes and trucks! Here are some pics I took this weekend and then a little mod to the camper you guys might be interested in.
Friday evening.
Attachment 238589
Attachment 238590
Attachment 238591
Saturday afternoon.
Attachment 238592
Attachment 238593
Attachment 238594
Attachment 238595
Yurts across the water.
Attachment 238596
Attachment 238597
Attachment 238598
Attachment 238599
Attachment 238600
Attachment 238601
Attachment 238602
The camper mod I was talking about is mounting some LED backup lights to the rear so I can see while backing up at night. I was going to wire them into the 7way but I couldn't get the wire up through and into the pinbox without a LOT of work. S here is the result. I bought 4, 10 LED clear lights($20 each) from Etrailer and mounted them to the rear and sides. Put a switch in the propane cylinder compartment on the driver's side. Easy and quick to get to. So here are some pics.
Attachment 238603
Attachment 238604
Attachment 238605
Attachment 238606
Attachment 238607
Attachment 238608
Attachment 238609
All wire is now in a loom and I came off of the battery with an inline mini-fuse holder with a 5amp fuse.
Attachment 238610
Attachment 238611
Attachment 238612
Attachment 238613
Sorry for the long post guys! Hope you enjoy the pics!

Dakster 03-29-2015 08:12 PM

SWEET MONTY!!! I like the mods...

And now I want to go camping....

Sailor Roy 03-29-2015 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Dakster (Post 15222150)
Roy, but I do have heated washer fluid. I put this in:

Welcome to AlphaTherm the world leader in the development of Heated Wash

Believe it or not, I had heated washer fluid on my *ahem* Silverado... Glad I got rid of that truck because the system in it burned a bunch of trucks to the ground.

Hi Dak.......I am going to call your bluff.......Pictures or you are fibbing....:p

Concerning your Silver-Do......Did you ever have the system in the cold winter, snow and ice ?

Sailor Roy 03-29-2015 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by 99150 (Post 15222103)
Good afternoon, Roy! Lol.... Yup, they are really great colors! And here in AZ, I am not quite a half mile from pavement, so.... Dust! And yup, the Bronze Fire likes to show it off! And up in ND, it is 2 miles of mud to pavement, so I know what that will be when I get back up there!

Howdy Don........When do you head back to North Dakota....??

Desert Don 03-29-2015 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy (Post 15222471)
Howdy Don........When do you head back to North Dakota....??

I think it is going to be mid June this year!

Sailor Roy 03-29-2015 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by golfmedik (Post 15222364)
Evening guys! Been camping all weekend here. Weather was sunny, but chilly with the wind, but a great time nonetheless! Hope all is going well. Been catching up on some reading here. Nice kitchens and beautiful planes and trucks! Here are some pics I took this weekend and then a little mod to the camper you guys might be interested in.
Friday evening.

The camper mod I was talking about is mounting some LED backup lights to the rear so I can see while backing up at night. I was going to wire them into the 7way but I couldn't get the wire up through and into the pinbox without a LOT of work. S here is the result. I bought 4, 10 LED clear lights($20 each) from Etrailer and mounted them to the rear and sides. Put a switch in the propane cylinder compartment on the driver's side. Easy and quick to get to. So here are some pics.

Hi Monty...........Thanks for all of the pictures :)

Question.....This is on my list before we head to Alaska.........Now that you have done it, Do you think the side-backup lights are worth it ??

I never thought of it......but you have caught my interest.

Sailor Roy 03-29-2015 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by 99150 (Post 15222550)
I think it is going to be mid June this year!

I was thinking (dangerous) we might be able to visit as you head home. 10 - 15 June is when we are going to head north to Alaska......

Iowa Ford 03-29-2015 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by sbryan (Post 15220485)
Good Palm Sunday morning one pagers. Trying to get caught up as usual.

Tim - kitchen looks great. We're thinking about redoing ours. Been 20+ years since the last remodel.

Don, I'm jealous. Would love a ride like that. Low & fast would be the only way to really experience it. Done it in a F16 but there's nothing like the old prop jobs.

Roy, hope you were on your best behavior! Sounds like fun.

Dak, things eventually sort themselves out and you'll be on top of the world; when that happens you'll still have a heated steering wheel to poke Roy with.

Have a great day guys. Enjoy your Sunday.

Thanks Shawn !!
Ours was a few generations out of date :o

Seriously, !!! Savage gang must be takin a day off. LOL
Ya All take it easy !!

k7lvo 03-29-2015 09:30 PM

Nice, Monty!

Have you thought of mounting 2-3 cameras on the trailer? You could probably control them with Bluetooth or wifi and avoid most of the wiring.

golfmedik 03-29-2015 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy (Post 15222560)
Hi Monty...........Thanks for all of the pictures :)

Question.....This is on my list before we head to Alaska.........Now that you have done it, Do you think the side-backup lights are worth it ??

I never thought of it......but you have caught my interest.

I had never really thought of HOW to do it until a forum member on the Forest River forum did this to his travel trailer. It has always been hard seeing backwards at night due to the backup lights from the truck shining out from under the overhang and blinding me. Now I can see out the back and sides even in the mirrors. I really do think they are worth the $100 to do it. I was going to wire into the pigtail so they would light up when the truck goes into reverse, but that's above my line of thinking without LOTS more trouble. Now, when needed, I can step to the corner of the camper and turn them on. Another member used his power wire from his electric rear jacks and put a switch on it to turn his on and off. I don't have to walk all the around the trailer.

Originally Posted by k7lvo (Post 15222678)
Nice, Monty!

Have you thought of mounting 2-3 cameras on the trailer? You could probably control them with Bluetooth or wifi and avoid most of the wiring.

I have, but have not seen any that work with night vision, or ones that work well after getting wet. Meaning the lens of the camera. I would be interested in seeing some though.

Iowa Ford 03-29-2015 10:00 PM

Monty, Keep looking.
I know this is not exactly related but, I have a camera on my auger cart that I haul grain with. it is capable of night vision and works quite well.
Best part, it was around $200. and multi channel.

Desert Don 03-29-2015 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy (Post 15222596)
I was thinking (dangerous) we might be able to visit as you head home. 10 - 15 June is when we are going to head north to Alaska......

That would be cool! There is a friend that is up in ND, that we are picking his 3 younguns up in Vegas when they get done with school in Kalifornia. So whenever that turns out to be. I dont know the exact dates yet, tho.

Sailor Roy 03-29-2015 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by 99150 (Post 15222870)
That would be cool! There is a friend that is up in ND, that we are picking his 3 younguns up in Vegas when they get done with school in Kalifornia. So whenever that turns out to be. I dont know the exact dates yet, tho.

We'll see........what happens.......

Dakster 03-29-2015 10:59 PM

Roy - I haven't put that in, but I do want to after this winter. Heated fluid has to clear the windshiled better than the deicing fluid at the same air temp. Plus you should be able to use the less toxic -20F rated stuff.

In my Silverado, I did like it and I was in some cool freezing temps, but not snow/ice conditions, nor sub zero... Not Alaska or Montana winter weather for sure. It nice was having the fluid heated though. We drove it to the NE US in the Fall.

I was mainly messing with you -- since you said you had heated windshield washer fluid and wiper blades. Showing you that at least the fluid is possible. And for the first time, I actually see a need for windshield wipers for the headlights.