Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum40/)
-   -   rare options. (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/977678-rare-options.html)

NumberDummy 09-12-2013 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by graybearded (Post 13527603)
I totally believe your truck came with the seat package.

Yesterday, the OP typed a new thread inre to this truck, posted the VIN & Warranty Plate codes which I decoded.

BODY code U81: U = Parchment Crinkle Vinyl & Black Rosette Pattern Vinyl (Bucket Seats) / 81 = 81B Custom Cab with Ranger Package.

The Masked Rider 09-13-2013 01:23 AM

Well Bill (ND), there ya go. Now we know. I'm assuming he send you a pic of the warranty plate also...? Heck, I still think its a great looking truck no matter what the heck it is.

Bill W., thank you sir for the pics. I recognize those big square washer for sure. However, for some reason, I thought I remembered square nuts being spot welded to the washer. I could be wrong. Been a long time since I pulled the truck apart and took it over to a welder friend of mine to fix rusted holes. He works on it as I have $$$. Actually, he has two trucks of mine. They are in various stages of repair. Good thing he's a friend of mine and has a very big place to keep it for me. Anyway, maybe that is why when I looked under the truck after the seats were lifted, I found a wrench. The police dusted it for prints but the cop said they must have been wearing gloves.
ALSO Bill, I am not familiar with the other parts you have in the pic. Are those the brackets for the console and maybe that big ass tank cover. I NEVER had any of that stuff removed from my truck while I owned it, so I have no idea what held things together. Never had the need to remove those things. One morning I drove to work, it was all there and when I went to go home, everything was gone. Try driving home on a milk crate. A WHOLE NEW EXPERIENCE ! I just knew I was going to be pulled over by a cop on the way home. Can you imagine explaining that...? ;o(

Anyway, Bill, can you shoot me a PM about those parts. Thank you sir.

Tripleframe, that gives real meaning to the old saying, "I'll have it my way". There is NO way you could do that these days. That kind of Customer Service doesn't exist these days. ;o(

NumberDummy 09-13-2013 01:40 AM

2 Attachment(s)
OP only posted the VIN & Warranty Plate codes, no pic, but I think there's a pic of the Warranty Plate in this thread.

Ranger fuel tank cover attaches to R/L brackets (422B39 in pic) located on B pillar and to rear of cab using (16) 376378-S101 No. 8 -32 x 3/8" long Philips head self tapping screws.

Left: With/without console same / Right lower: Bucket seats and attaching parts.

The outer 'hockey stick' seat mouldings are also the same as Mustang and have been repro'd.

These bucket seats were standard equipment in 1966/71 Bronco's (1972/77 similar, but are high backs), but the seat tracks, attaching parts are Bronco only!

gangstakr 09-13-2013 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by Bill W (Post 13527528)
Fritz, i repop the other ranger interior pieces including the washer you speak of...;)

Those look familiar!

TA455HO 09-13-2013 11:04 AM

The Warranty Plate is now in both threads. I took the back end of a screwdriver and tapped it a bit to straighten it out, but haven't taken new pics yet. The VIN does match hidden VIN on frame. I tried to guide Marine (Zane) to find the hidden VIN over the phone but he seemed impatient so I checked it first thing when I got there. Also, CS65 doesn't think the one rivet has ever been removed so why the other is missing is odd but not a concern at this point.

jjreagan 09-13-2013 11:32 AM

Chrome Ash Tray and Glove Box Door

My 1965 has a chrome ash tray and glove box doors on it. It is not a custom cab. They appear to have a little age to them. The truck was owned by the county for many years, and I wouldn't think they would have put them on it but who knows?

schoo 09-13-2013 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by jjreagan (Post 13530033)
My 1965 has a chrome ash tray and glove box doors on it. It is not a custom cab. They appear to have a little age to them. The truck was owned by the county for many years, and I wouldn't think they would have put them on it but who knows?

Need pic of ashtray, box door

jjreagan 09-13-2013 12:01 PM

1965 F100 4x4 Chrome Ash Tray and Glove Box Door

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/p...ctureid=138199

TA455HO 09-13-2013 12:05 PM

Well, color code G is Chrome Yellow. Maybe they forgot the Yellow on those two parts...

schoo 09-13-2013 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by jjreagan (Post 13530092)

Is that cup for coffee or beer
Nice inside about like mine was

jjreagan 09-13-2013 12:49 PM

RE

Yea the cup is for both. I get it "chrome Yellow" yes that makes since!

NumberDummy 09-13-2013 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by jjreagan (Post 13530033)
My 1965 has a chrome ash tray and glove box doors on it. It is not a custom cab. They appear to have a little age to them.

There's a tire pressure sticker located on the inside of the glove box door, most trucks today still have the sticker or the remains of one.

But I'll betcha your glove box door has nothing remaining of the sticker, you wanna know why?

No trucks of any vintage came from the factory with chromed glove box and/or ashtray doors. Both were chromed after the fact either by the original or subsequent owners.

There used to be a reason why some guys did this, it had to do with specific clothes that gal pals wore.

jjreagan 09-13-2013 02:32 PM

That is too Funny! Never thought of that... I must be a little slow! No I don't thank there is any stickers left on the glove box door!

TA455HO 09-13-2013 02:55 PM

If you look at the ashtray on the F100 XL it looks to be chromed and the caption mentions something about a chromed dash. Interesting for a topic of conversation.

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums - View Single Post - rare options.

NumberDummy 09-13-2013 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by TA455HO (Post 13530497)
If you look at the ashtray on the F100 XL it looks to be chromed and the caption mentions something about a chromed dash. Interesting for a topic of conversation.

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums - View Single Post - rare options.

That's a 'one-off' Domestic Special Order, hardly comparable to the several million plus 1961/66 F Series trucks produced. And I doubt that FoMoCo chromed the ashtray/dash.

jjreagan: I wouldn't say you're slow, you may be a young 'un that missed the mini-skirt era. I was born when FDR was prez, haven't missed much since.

There was a knee length skirt introduced in the early 60's, it soon became known as the "date-skirt." You'll have to figure out why, cuz I ain't saying! :-X04