Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   British Columbia (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum165/)
-   -   BC Chapter June All Topics/bs Thread All Welcome (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/855876-bc-chapter-june-all-topics-bs-thread-all-welcome.html)

tin-man 06-18-2009 11:13 AM

Hello to everyone in BC, again!!

J_E_Summit 06-18-2009 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Saleenguy (Post 7623426)
Hey Jason, any idea when you will be done?

How is the weather up in the Bulkely valley today, did you get the rains you wanted?

Honestly, I am not completly sure when I will be done. My computer kinda had a coniption last night and I spent more time resetting the thing then working:-banghead. Still, I hope to have a draft for you to look at early next week.

It rained briefly last night, but not too much.

How is your day going?

Saleenguy 06-18-2009 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by J_E_Summit (Post 7623470)
Honestly, I am not completly sure when I will be done. My computer kinda had a coniption last night and I spent more time resetting the thing then working:-banghead. Still, I hope to have a draft for you to look at early next week.

It rained briefly last night, but not too much.

How is your day going?

My day is going okay, its sunny here again today, after yesterday being thunderstorm, after thunderstorm.

Sorry to hear your computer is scrwing up on ya buddy, hope it gets better...if not slap it, thats my wifes fix for stuff....lol

Saleenguy 06-18-2009 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by tin-man (Post 7623439)
Hello to everyone in BC, again!!

Hey David, how is life treating you today?

tin-man 06-18-2009 12:29 PM

I could'nt be better, a little sleepy, but feel just fine!! How 'bout you and your's?

tiny1 06-18-2009 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Saleenguy (Post 7623513)
My day is going okay, its sunny here again today, after yesterday being thunderstorm, after thunderstorm.

Sorry to hear your computer is scrwing up on ya buddy, hope it gets better...if not slap it, thats my wifes fix for stuff....lol

I see that you are back to the 'slap' method of fixing things....lol

Zip 06-18-2009 01:12 PM

Hello all. Hope everyone is fine.

Flying_Dutchman 06-18-2009 06:41 PM

Afternoon FTE. Anyone here know much about smart phones?

J_E_Summit 06-18-2009 06:50 PM

Absolutly nothing:)

Oh, and good afternoon!

Flying_Dutchman 06-18-2009 07:06 PM

Me neither, picking a new phone is tough these days. I dont want to make the wrong decision :-X18. A few friends swear by the Iphone, and can mod it to get free apps. The new Nokia N97 looks really good too, as well as the Samsung Omnia HD (films videos in 720P HD)

J_E_Summit 06-18-2009 07:18 PM

Picking out a phone was easy for me, I have the cheapest pay & talk phone that I can get from Telus. Everything I do in life is hard on the cell phone, and even the simple ones don't last more then two years. This way when it dies, I just go buy another one for $60 at the radio shack down the road.

I do spend money on mobile electronics, but mostly cameras, hand held gps and beacon.:)

Zip 06-18-2009 07:31 PM

I know nothing about phones except what looks cool.

I just got ours cut off. Cost too much for the amount we used them.

Flying_Dutchman 06-18-2009 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Zip (Post 7624949)
I know nothing about phones except what looks cool.

I just got ours cut off. Cost too much for the amount we used them.

I just got my phone bill today, 111.14. But 40 of that was oversent text msg surcharge. Im on the phone with Rogers, reversing the charge as I type this. :) Also upgrading to unlimited text.

Zip 06-18-2009 08:09 PM

Ours was around 70.00 for two phones. Probably not too much compared to many but too much for me.

Flying_Dutchman 06-18-2009 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Zip (Post 7625102)
Ours was around 70.00 for two phones. Probably not too much compared to many but too much for me.

Well I just got mine changed to 67.62 with the unlimited text added and the previous surcharge removed. I guess it pays to complain hahah

Vinford 06-18-2009 08:17 PM

I pay around $600 a month for phones
3 cell phones , 2 house phones and a business listing in the Yellow Pages.

Zip 06-18-2009 08:19 PM

Sometimes it does if you do it in a nice way.

Ours were through Rogers and we never had a problem with them. Last month I got a call from Telus saying that since we had been such good customers they wanted to give us a cell phone deal that was better than what the normal customer could get.

They gave me a price for what I said I wanted. Remember now this was supposed to be a fantastic deal. Just out of curiosity I went to a Telus place in Penticton and asked what the price would be for the same package. The price was exactly the same. Great deal ya right.

Flying_Dutchman 06-18-2009 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by J_E_Summit (Post 7624913)

I do spend money on mobile electronics, but mostly cameras, hand held gps and beacon.:)

The Omnia HD has an 8MP digital camera with autofocus, LED flash, geo-tagging, face smile and blink detection, image stabilization etc.

Video - HD 720p@24fps, D1 (720x480 pixels)@30fps, QVGA time-lapse and slow-mo video recording

and a GPS with A-gps support. Full voice directions like a garmin or tomtom. With worldwide maps.

Mp3 and Divx video player

Full 3g internet access anywhere that you have cell service.

So take all those electronic gadgets that people buy seperatly and add a cell phone all in one package. Thats one of the main reasons I would consider a new smartphone.

Zip 06-18-2009 08:25 PM

My dad would be all over that. He probably couldn't figure out how to use it but he would love to have it.

Flying_Dutchman 06-18-2009 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Zip (Post 7625142)
Sometimes it does if you do it in a nice way.

Ours were through Rogers and we never had a problem with them. Last month I got a call from Telus saying that since we had been such good customers they wanted to give us a cell phone deal that was better than what the normal customer could get.

They gave me a price for what I said I wanted. Remember now this was supposed to be a fantastic deal. Just out of curiosity I went to a Telus place in Penticton and asked what the price would be for the same package. The price was exactly the same. Great deal ya right.

Yea, I was very nice on the phone. I made it out to be that I didn't fully understand why I got charged so much extra. She was very helpfull though.

As for the plans. I get calls all the time from Telus about my brothers plan, and how he should change it.

wallz 06-18-2009 08:33 PM

Good evening BC.

Ha, smart phones, I'm smarter than them. My bill is $0.00. The best that can be, because I don't think that I need that expense every month. I have thought about it on more than one occasion, and then every time I go in and get details, I walk out shaking my head at the outrages prices. Life is just too short to be stuck on the phone or have that need to be in touch with the world.

Flying_Dutchman 06-18-2009 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by wallz (Post 7625207)
Good evening BC.

Ha, smart phones, I'm smarter than them. My bill is $0.00. The best that can be, because I don't think that I need that expense every month. I have thought about it on more than one occasion, and then every time I go in and get details, I walk out shaking my head at the outrages prices. Life is just too short to be stuck on the phone or have that need to be in touch with the world.

It almost seems mandatory these days. There are so many situations that they come in handy.

Saleenguy 06-18-2009 10:11 PM

I hate phones, but carry a piece of junk elcheapo just to have basic communication.
No camera, GPS, etc in it.

I have a camera, and a GPS so just need a really basic phone, on the most basic of plans.....and its still an outrageous cost to use.

AzBlueWolf 06-18-2009 10:27 PM

i went over my minutes one time in 5 years and it doubled my bill, they wanted me toupgrade to 900 minutes a month for $59.99...I said no f'n way...I will pay the extra $45 once campared to $480 over 2 years for upgrading...and I would switch to AT&T for rollover minutes when my contract was up...

edit....I rarely use over 200 minutes a month...

edit part 2....good evening BC!

bigrigfixer 06-18-2009 10:28 PM

I had a basic phone for years. Just last year I got a Motorola Krzr. Sure, it's "fancy". Compared to what I had before. But I can't justify getting a smart phone. My wife has one, a Palm Treo 700, and she rarely uses the smart stuff on it. Once her contract is up, she's going back to a regular plan like mine; caller id, voice mail, unlimited text.

Talk to me 25, and Spark 11.

With my wife's phone, we pay about 135/month. So, yeah. If it weren't for her smartphone, it'd be about half that.

Flying_Dutchman 06-18-2009 10:46 PM

Yea, the bill can get up there. One thing though with a smartphone like the Iphone. They can be jailbroken really easily. You get free apps and lots of free perks like that.

Saleenguy 06-18-2009 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by Flying_Dutchman (Post 7625684)
Yea, the bill can get up there. One thing though with a smartphone like the Iphone. They can be jailbroken really easily. You get free apps and lots of free perks like that.

Do i want to know how thats done?

or not?

Zip 06-18-2009 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Saleenguy (Post 7625768)

or not?

Do you NEED to know how that's done? Probably not.

Do you WANT to know how that's done? Of course.:)

wallz 06-18-2009 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by Zip (Post 7625798)
Do you NEED to know how that's done? Probably not.

Do you WANT to know how that's done? Of course.:)

That is only fun until you know and then it becomes boring, again.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Flying_Dutchman 06-19-2009 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by Saleenguy (Post 7625768)

or not?

Its nothing exciting, its just a program that releases the phones restrictions that the carrier puts on it. Basically it unlocks it.

For Rogers/Fido you can buy any GSM band phone in the world, and put a Rogers sim card in it. Then you just use it on whatever plan you are on.

Saleenguy 06-19-2009 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Flying_Dutchman (Post 7625935)
Its nothing exciting, its just a program that releases the phones restrictions that the carrier puts on it. Basically it unlocks it.

For Rogers/Fido you can buy any GSM band phone in the world, and put a Rogers sim card in it. Then you just use it on whatever plan you are on.

Thats kinda cool...thanks

Good morning everyone:)

warriormama 06-19-2009 09:01 AM

Morning, you notice I didn't say good morning....well the bronco did not get on the road before he left, but was not for his lack of trying, needed parts that could not be found here so they had to be ordered, so now unless I find a cheap/good backyard mechanic, it will have to wait until he comes back in 4-5 weeks to do it...oh well, not much I can do about it. Other than that, we did have a long talk and I decided better to part civily for my son's sake than all the fighting....so that is what we did...now time to move on to bigger and better things, what ever that is....lol

Hope you all have a good weekend, mine is extremely busy, getting my house in order now that he has moved out, my daughters baby shower and helping her with her last minute stuff, she is moving to Calgary, yes I am sad, my first grand baby is going to be too far away, I might just have to make a move myself soon......

tin-man 06-19-2009 09:08 AM

Good Morning BC Marty Val,

Saleenguy 06-19-2009 09:18 AM

Hey Val, hope the day gets brighter for ya doll.

David, how are ya buddy?
What's new in South Carolina today?

Saleenguy 06-19-2009 09:18 AM

Trivia time, who can tell me what town was the first capital of B.C. ?

tin-man 06-19-2009 09:21 AM

That is what I did Val, I lived in Ga. and she moved to SC. So, I moved too!!

warriormama 06-19-2009 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Saleenguy (Post 7626699)
Trivia time, who can tell me what town was the first capital of B.C. ?

New Westminster, what do I win lol

warriormama 06-19-2009 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by tin-man (Post 7626713)
That is what I did Val, I lived in Ga. and she moved to SC. So, I moved too!!

Well, I am seriously thinking about it, but then I also have a dear friend who wants me to move to Thunder Bay....so it is a toss up, maybe I will move somewhere in between lol

tin-man 06-19-2009 10:23 AM

I want to be the best Grandpa I can be and I can't do that if I am not there with him!!

warriormama 06-19-2009 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by tin-man (Post 7626894)
I want to be the best Grandpa I can be and I can't do that if I am not there with him!!

That is exactly how I feel......