Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum41/)
-   -   Truckstock (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1180091-truckstock.html)

fastphil 09-17-2012 10:17 AM

Man...wished I could have made it Doc. Great looking trucks guys...all of you. Maybe I'll be able to make it next year and meet everyone!!

fastphil 09-17-2012 10:25 AM

By the way Doc....your "greeter" truck is pictured in this video about a build...if you haven't seen it.
Mitch Allread: Don't Call it a Rat Rod... - BIG MUSCLE - YouTube

4tl8ford 09-17-2012 11:49 AM

Doc - You do good work sometimes maybe

harleymsn 09-17-2012 12:30 PM

I have been home recovering from my surgery for 11 days now. I have been following this post and the pictures, and I am sick that I had to miss this event. I wanted, from the very beginning, to be at Truckstock and missing it has really depressed me.
I know that from the very beginning Doc had intended for this event to take place at his home ONCE, and then move around the country. I know that this isn't fair to Doc, but I am sure I am not alone in hoping that he will give us folks that were forced to miss it, one more chance and host Truckstock again at his home in 2013.

Mervy49 09-17-2012 12:51 PM

I so badly wanted to go but realistically the distance and amount of gasoline it would have required would have taken all and more of my monthly meager pension checque. I figured it would probably be fairly close to 4000 miles to Doc's place from my place. Maybe, the next one. Maybe it's time to reconsider my engine choice for the 49... lol :)
I'm really enjoying all the pics and experiences of Truckstock 2012 though. Can't get enough of the pics. This is a wonderful thing on Doc's part.

DR Smith 09-17-2012 01:10 PM

Doc said he didn't hear one complaint,and maybe this really isn't one. But after getting home and thinking about how much fun it was talking about the build process,and looking at what others have done.I started looking at craigslist and thinking about trucks I have found around here. Now this could cost me a lot of $ and time. Plus the wife will think I have lost my mind,to start another build.So it's all your fault Doc !}>

Doraville 09-17-2012 02:17 PM

We just crossed the Georgia line which means that we should be home in another hour and a half. No, I'm not posting on FTE while I drive...I decided to let my wife drive.

There's not much left for me to say because it's all been said. I did want to say that in hindsight it shouldn't be any surprise that we all get along so well. There is a certain personality type that would choose restoring/building old trucks as a hobby, so it was a given that we would have a lot in common.

I really enjoyed meeting all the FTE-ers and their spouses. I also thoroughly enjoyed meeting Doc's friends and neighbors. Doc, you're a very special person and you live in an awesome community. Thank you for the wonderful memories. Please don't feel any pressure, but if you decide to do it again count us in!

-DV

jrmwilson 09-17-2012 02:40 PM

We could hire a truck hauler to ferry our trucks from the west coast to within driving distance next year. How many trucks would fit? How much would it cost? I know it's another one of my crazy ideas.

Rojak 09-17-2012 02:47 PM

I am in Indy on my way back to Central IL. I'm not typing while driving either as I've stopped at a fine dining establishment under the Golden Arches. Just want to add that Truckstock 2012 was southern hospitality at it's finest courtesy of Doc, his family and friends. I will post more later and hope to include video of the cruise from the cab of Doc's truck.

cruisetopdown 09-17-2012 02:54 PM

I will post all of the pictures that I have, but can't do it until tomorrow am. There will be a lot of duplicates due to everyone requesting "live feeds" to the inner workings of Truckstock....Ross was posting them as time permitted to keep the "junkies" satisfied....please understand we needed to edit the content as some of the images of old men in jammies were a bit out there! :-X04 LOL!!

Too much fun!
w

https://picasaweb.google.com/wjohnst...CO6g5cubhqL9Ew

cruisetopdown 09-17-2012 02:55 PM

This will be the link to the rest of the photos tomorrow...
w
https://picasaweb.google.com/wjohnst...CO6g5cubhqL9Ew

Mervy49 09-17-2012 02:58 PM

I can just picture "old men in jammies"....hahaha.....

Rojak 09-17-2012 08:38 PM

Got home from Truckstock about 6:30pm this evening. Best of this type of event I've ever been to and one of the most fun weekends I've had. Great people, great location, great trucks, great eats and great entertainment (the bluegrass pickers and a fun game of Where's Bob-O... not Homeade in his Sponge Bob jammies). Thanks again to Doc, his family, friends and neighbors. Nicest bunch of folks you'd ever want to meet. Count me in for Truckstock 2013 wherever it may be. :-wink

I'll start working on trying to post the in-cab video of the cruise... :-huh

bobj49f2 09-17-2012 09:33 PM

I'm posting this via my IPhone so I'm keeping this short.

Like everyone else, this was great event. This will go down as the most memorable trip of my life. Doc and his wife Ami were the most generous hosts. Their family and friends are the greatest.

My adventure isn't over yet. The southern generosity is continuing with Homemade. Gary and his wife Linda were kind enough to offer a room for the night along with great meal.

We have at least two days on the road. As Doc posted, we ran into rain about an hour after leaving his house. About ten minutes later my wipers stopped working. Good thing I applied RainX before I left home. Drove for seven hours in the rain without much of a problem.

Doc 09-17-2012 09:53 PM

Keep truckin Bob. It was great to meet you and Michelle. You both are becoming legends with this trip.