Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum31/)
-   -   *** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread *** (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1503643-the-official-superduty-morning-coffee-thread.html)

Wes444 09-30-2017 10:40 AM

Nice weather today
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...f0d8450835.jpg8 yr old helped change zf6 fluid

hydro man 17 09-30-2017 03:04 PM

"It's pretty unreal what the cost of housing in my county is."
__________________________________________________ __________________
That's for sure. When my mom sold her house in Saratoga 20 years ago the guy paid $650K for it as a tear down. And that was during a big slump in home prices that had dropped about 30%.

andym 09-30-2017 03:09 PM

20 years ago? You should see real estate in the bay area now. $650k doesn't even get you started in Saratoga.

hydro man 17 09-30-2017 03:39 PM

That's for sure. I imagine that just the lot her house was on probably would go for ~ 1.5 to 2M today. I understand that the house across the street was torn down recently and the new one is in the $5-6 million range.

BBslider001 10-01-2017 01:52 PM

Yep, and it is just flat stupid if you ask me. California home prices are only for the elite. I am definitely not one of the elite, so we left.

brian42 10-02-2017 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by BBslider001 (Post 17498535)
California home prices are only for the elite. I am definitely not one of the elite, so we left.

Unfortunately my wife and I love the area and the kids are rooted in the school district. We just closed on our first home and got the keys last Thursday. I retired from the military last year and it took my full time job AND military pension for me to be able to afford it. It sits on .2 acres (large for my area in my price range) but is only 1300 square feet.

andym 10-02-2017 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by brian42 (Post 17500201)
Unfortunately my wife and I love the area and the kids are rooted in the school district. We just closed on our first home and got the keys last Thursday. I retired from the military last year and it took my full time job AND military pension for me to be able to afford it. It sits on .2 acres (large for my area in my price range) but is only 1300 square feet.

I said for years that it's expensive to live in California, but it's worth every penny. Congratulations on the purchase! I feel that getting your foot in the door with real estate is a great step.

brian42 10-02-2017 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by andym (Post 17500207)
I said for years that it's expensive to live in California, but it's worth every penny. Congratulations on the purchase! I feel that getting your foot in the door with real estate is a great step.

Thanks. There's definitely no new(er) truck in my near (or distant) future now!

F250_ 10-02-2017 02:55 PM

Well... good day to all you folks. I had a great weekend beginning to wrap up my two-month-long kitchen refacing project. All new doors and drawer fronts should be installed by this coming Saturday.

Anyway, I only mention it because as I was scrounging around some of my woodworking tool shelves, I found a box which had something I thought I had lost a while back.... my complete 5-hose set of SS braided, Teflon lined brake lines for my truck!! Woohooo... the last time I went to do the install and couldn't find them left me quite frustrated. Now I just need a free weekend to get them installed, which probably won't happen until Thanksgiving.

BBslider001 10-02-2017 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by andym (Post 17500207)

I completely agree, until you just can't. Being in the red every month is no fun no matter how good the weather and surfing is (in my area).

Wes444 10-02-2017 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by F250_ (Post 17500910)
Anyway, I only mention it because as I was scrounging around some of my woodworking tool shelves, I found a box which had something I thought I had lost a while back.... my complete 5-hose set of SS braided, Teflon lined brake lines for my truck!! Woohooo....

Do yhey look like this?
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...17b6b04da4.jpg

Mine arrived this afternoon :-jammin

Sous 10-02-2017 04:39 PM

I need to get in touch with Russell and get a set of those on order. I am sure my truck has the original lines, so this goes near the top of my next parts list.

Where did you fellas order yours from?

One last thing Pete, pictures or it didn't happen (kitchen refacing that is).

brian42 10-02-2017 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by BBslider001 (Post 17501050)
I completely agree, until you just can't. Being in the red every month is no fun no matter how good the weather and surfing is (in my area).

I'm right there with you. I rented here while on active duty as I would have been a homeowner eating PB&J three times a day. Now that I'm out I was fortunate enough to find gainful employment that allowed me not to have a common wall for the first time in my life and let my kids graduate high school with all of their friends. I couldn't pass it up. Only time will tell if it was the right decision.

Wes444 10-02-2017 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Sous (Post 17501140)
I need to get in touch with Russell and get a set of those on order. I am sure my truck has the original lines, so this goes near the top of my next parts list.

Amazon, $147 shipped with prime :-jammin

andym 10-02-2017 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Sous (Post 17501140)

I got mine from Amazon.