Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Indiana Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum124/)
-   -   June 2011 is declared BS month in Indiana...that's Begin Summer with the Summer Solstice!!! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1071563-june-2011-is-declared-bs-month-in-indiana-thats-begin-summer-with-the-summer-solstice.html)

sddesigns 06-25-2011 05:26 AM

Have fun Joe, I'll just be hanging here at the ole' homestead finishing up the upholstery on the boat!

IB Tim 06-25-2011 06:08 AM

The day looks to be hot, most of the state will over 100....and with only 4-6% humidity we are dryer then a popcorn fart....praying for rain to help the firefighters. It was 76 at 3AM !

Oldtrucknut7077 06-25-2011 06:28 AM

Good morning everyone! Welcome to Saturday. :)

X_Hemi_Guy 06-25-2011 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by sddesigns (Post 10500879)
Have fun Joe, I'll just be hanging here at the ole' homestead finishing up the upholstery on the boat!

Thanks Steve...I had a good day...very productive!

Left here at 6:30am...up at the lake by 7:30...had the boat lift up on shore and the boat on the trailer in the driveway by 8:20 and back on the road for home by 8:40...

Grabbed a bit to eat at home...

Arrived at my buddies house by ~11am...

Hauled that heavy beam back to the woods/shack...got it hoisted up ontop of the rim joists (you can see it in the center of the building in this photo...it is the one he is cutting on and the darkest beam in the photo)

My buddy is up on the ladder "trimming" the front edge corner off on an angle (with a CHAIN SAW!!!) to give some clearance to the roof...

We got a few roof rafters up before the genny started giving us some problems and had to stop...but not after trying one cut of a 2x8 with a hand saw...I have no idea how the settlers did it with hand tools! LOL...

Here's the progress thus far...not coming along too bad...

Unfortunately I won't be able to give him a hand again until the end of July due to my work/vacation plans...I may be able to help out on Friday July 1st if he wants...we'll have to see if he wants to take the day off...I'm up for it...

Rob...where do you think we should put the still?...umm I mean sap cooker...yeah that's what I mean...

http://inlinethumb33.webshots.com/46...600x600Q85.jpg

IB Tim 06-26-2011 06:11 AM

A Great Sunday Morning to all :)

sddesigns 06-26-2011 09:35 AM

Good Morning All! :)

Another beautiful day on the horizon! Hope everyone is enjoying the day!

KOESTNER 06-26-2011 08:47 PM

Good evening all! Was a beautiful weekend here in central Illinois, no rain and nice temps. I went to my high school reunion Saturday evening. Had a great time hanging out with a bunch of old farts. Everyone got older but me, can't believe how time took its toll on us Wonder where the 44 years went. All of you young guy's save yourself while you can, next week may be too late. Everybody have a super great Monday.

76ranger 06-26-2011 09:56 PM

Good evening Indiana.

Ive noticed that most of you guys have v10s in your rigs and was wondering what made you choose that over the diesel or a v8? Just what came along or dont like the "dirty diesel"? Ive never owned or driven one so I have no idea how they preform or compare to other options.

sddesigns 06-27-2011 04:46 AM

Good Morning All! :)

Happy New Week! :D

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

scottzj 06-27-2011 06:04 AM

Good morning all!
Monday is upon us and time to rise and shine.
New workweek is here so up and adam!
Have a great day and week!:):)

wildstang 06-27-2011 07:10 AM

Good morning and have a good Monday, one painful step to the holiday weekend Indiana.

wildstang 06-27-2011 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by 76ranger (Post 10506589)
Good evening Indiana.

Ive noticed that most of you guys have v10s in your rigs and was wondering what made you choose that over the diesel or a v8? Just what came along or dont like the "dirty diesel"? Ive never owned or driven one so I have no idea how they preform or compare to other options.

I chose diesel because it has better fuel mileage, towing torque and engine durability. Sucks now that diesel is like $0.40 more then gas. But if you can make biodiesel then you could save.

sddesigns 06-27-2011 07:18 AM

I don't put a lot of mileage on my vehicles, and mileage wasn't a factor, but pulling my boat was my prime objective when looking for a tow vehicle.

IB Tim 06-27-2011 07:42 AM

...ug...today we have more fires, people all over this country flooding and the rest being blown away.... or burning....seems a bit of a bad year for weather ..say a prayer and have a safe day !

X_Hemi_Guy 06-27-2011 07:45 AM

Good morning Indiana and all of our IN friends!

Well I'm back out in SoCal again this morning...had a good flight yesterday...and a decent nights sleep...I have been to the gym and am about to jump in the shower and get some breakfast before getting on my first call already...then I'll head to the office...

Should be a busy week this week...but the good news is next week I'll have my family out here with me!...we're going to see San Fran, Yosemite and Vegas the week after that...looking forward to it...

Originally Posted by 76ranger (Post 10506589)

Kevin,

I opted for the V10 in my Ex because back in 2005 when I was looking for used Ex's...the dealers wanted $10K MORE for a used 6.oH versus the V10...crazy I thought for all the problems the 6.0H had...don't ya think!

I didn't want to buy new and I got my Ex for close to $20K lower than what I would have paid new...so I couldn't pass it up...a 2005 with 14K miles and 2 years and 22K of miles of warranty left!

Plus the V10 does do a great job of hauling my 9000# travel trailer all over the country...could the mpgs be better...sure...but I don't believe the 6.oH guys and what what they claim to get mpg wise when towing 9000#'s either...

The older 7.3L's...now that is a great motor...but it also doesn't have the power output of the 6.oH or 6.4 or 6.7 either...so it makes perfect sense to get the mpgs out of the 7.3L that folks do...

The V10 is a great gas motor that is very reliable and has shown my 12 and 14 year old daughters ~35 states thus far...not too bad...

And when you gear a V10 with 4.30's...even towing near 12,000' peaks out in the Rockies is no match for the V10's power...even withOUT a turbo charger cramming air down the intake to keep the fuel/air ratio up!...

Is the V10 for everyone...nope...but I have found it to be a great motor combo in my Ex for what we do.

Would I have liked to have an Ex with the 7.3L...yeah...I think that would have been a great combo...unfortunately they are rare...and people have a high regard for their value...:-X04

Joe.