Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   New York Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum87/)
-   -   Buffalo NY members how are you? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/538548-buffalo-ny-members-how-are-you.html)

Ronin007 11-20-2006 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Jack_99V10
I'd like to follow the FAQ and do a 2" block, or add a leaf in the front to clear 35s. I really don't have to go very wide, I would like to even keep the stock wheels on it...

Not following you there. You don't mean adding 2" blocks up front do you?? If that is what you mean don't do it. It is illegal and very unsafe. You can pick up add-a-leaf or mini spring packs, but remember they will stiffen the ride up.

As for putting 35's on your stock rims that might be tough too. They are 7-inch rims in width which means that you would want a tire no wider than a 10.50 as a 12.50 would be too wide of a tire and wear funny. Yes guys with SD's have run 12.50 tires on the stock rims and some even report no wear issues, but the tire manufacturers don't recommend doing it.

Just some things for you think about!!

Jack_99V10 11-22-2006 10:09 AM

Thanks Ronin...

I type here, read it, and then research it.

Looking for wheels and leaf pack now. :)

Ronin007 11-22-2006 11:38 AM

Jack - Look into hanger kits too. They come in different lift heights and IMO would serve you better than an add-a-leaf or spring pack lift for your front. Hanger kits use your existing springs and only move them away from the frame thereby giving you a lift. Your ride will remain the same and not get stiffened up the way an add-a-leaf or spring pack would. That is what I did with my truck. There are pictures in my gallery showing the difference between the stock and 3.5 hangers I went with.

Jack_99V10 11-24-2006 04:14 PM

Awesome... checking out gallery now.

Would you recommend Fabtech?

Also, they don't differentiate years on their site, does it not matter for the hanger kit?

it is also almost a grand... the add a leaf is so much cheaper :( lol

Ronin007 11-25-2006 02:24 PM

Jack - I got the Fabtech hanger kit on a clearance sale. I was all set to get the DR 3-inch kit, but got the Fabtech for a song. You should be able to get a hanger kit easily for under $800 and in that price I am including the hangers, shocks and all the hardware. I got my entire kit including the adjustable track bar, drop pitman arm, drop and track bar bracket for under $800. So shop around.

Jack_99V10 11-29-2006 07:19 PM

Nice deal...

Continually searching...

Jack_99V10 12-02-2006 08:02 PM

Seeing as how this thread started due to the storm I figured I'd post up some updates:

Power went out again Friday afternoon for most of the nigh for me in Akron.
Went to Sears and bought the best generator they had.
Got home and the power was on.
This morning my dad lost his power, so I dropped off my new generator over there, he only needed it for about 4 hours after I dropped it off, but 4 hours with power is better than not.

Winds reached almost 70mph, and some places got over 2" of rain.

Ronin007 12-03-2006 04:20 PM

Glad to hear that both you and your father made out alright with this last storm. We were not affected hardly at all where I am. Some tree limbs down on some roads, but were cleared up quickly. Good thing you were able to get a generator. Those were pretty much sold out in the northeast from the last storm.

I bought one almost 10 years ago due to we were always losing power at our home. Ever since then we haven't lost power for more that an hour so I have never had to use mine. Oh well, I consider it good insurance and keep mine in good running order just in case.

Jack_99V10 12-04-2006 05:45 PM

I figure if I buy the generator and never have to use it... then I'm a lucky man.

BTW - I'm looking at 2" of snow in my driveway and climbing with white out conditions. Did 20mph down my road, and I'm not usually one of the more cautious drivers in WNY.

Wish I had a better camera.

ameritaz3038 12-04-2006 11:08 PM

just seen i was acked about

well i am back had a computer issue. as for the storm never affected me . but across the street and all around really got hit hard. i had extension chordes running about 100 different areas just to help neighbors out half i have never seen or talked too before the storm.

i ahve a question in the wheatfield area where is the best place to get a fuel pump for a front steel tank on a 96 f150 4.9l 300 6cyl. a few monthes ago i had an issue replaced fuel filter, ran good, stopped for a tank fillup front nolonger works, so running rear only. odd thing though front tank is empty now.??

Ronin007 12-06-2006 12:31 PM

ameritaz3038 - glad to see you back and posting again. I am also glad you were not effected by the storm. What a mess these three storms have been.

I can't really help you with your fuel pump. You might want to start a new thread so more people will view it and your specific problem. Possibly someone will have a good source for you nearby. Good luck to you!! :)