Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.0L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum107/)
-   -   How much boost does a stock 6.0 make? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/931681-how-much-boost-does-a-stock-6-0-make.html)

06silvercrew 02-18-2010 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by bismic (Post 8534160)
I have always told you that you are in a league of your own!!

Yeah and he's got a cool truck too :-missingt

hotboygsr 04-09-2010 08:32 AM

boost

just a quick question here my stock gauge and isspro gauge both show a little over 25lbs of boost with the truck on stock setting and on 6 with the banks tuner any ideas why?

thanks in advance

tex25025 04-09-2010 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by hotboygsr (Post 8747976)
just a quick question here my stock gauge and isspro gauge both show a little over 25lbs of boost with the truck on stock setting and on 6 with the banks tuner any ideas why?

Really need to know other then 25lbs of boost on level 6 on a banks tuner. I can think of a bad reason why that is, but I can also think of reasons why that is that you can't really control.

hotboygsr 04-09-2010 09:56 AM

WELL THE TRUCK IS A 2005 F250 KING RANCH CREW CAB, I HAVE ARP HEAD STUDS, LIBERATOR EGR COOLER DELETE AND THE BANKS 6 GUN. THE PERFORMANCE LEVEL DOES CHANGE AS YOU TURN IT UP BUT BOTH THE FACTORY GAUGE AND MY ISSPRO GAUGE DONT REALLY CHANGE

Lubbockguy1979 04-09-2010 10:15 AM

Caps sets people off. Might want to turn them off. I've seen over 35psi in my boost gauge tuned. Been a long time since I ran the truck stock I think 27-30 was the most it would do with a 10k trailer behind it.

hotboygsr 04-09-2010 10:22 AM

so what should i do

tex25025 04-09-2010 11:55 AM

27-30 is good for a stock engine, but if your at a level 6 on the banks tuner and it's there, either something is preventing boost from being built up, or you environmental factors limiting you(thin air etc).

hotboygsr 04-09-2010 12:25 PM

i guess the questions would be, what can restrict it

tex25025 04-09-2010 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by hotboygsr (Post 8748907)
i guess the questions would be, what can restrict it

Exhaust leak could. Sticking turbo vanes could. Also EGR valve could as well, but you said that you had that deleted, and that was going to be my first guess til you posted the delete kit. Could be a sensor issue or an eletrical issue that is affecting a sensor. See what codes you can pull. I know the banks should be able to pull codes with the PDA, I just don't know how good it's code reading ability is.

hotboygsr 04-09-2010 01:55 PM

the egr valve itself is still in place, the cooler is gone and i have no codes. i have a snap on modis and it shows nothing

hotboygsr 04-09-2010 01:56 PM

there is also a new y pipe, new turbo and new vgt sensor

tex25025 04-09-2010 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by hotboygsr (Post 8749366)
there is also a new y pipe, new turbo and new vgt sensor

Could the y-pipe be cracked? The metal there is thinner then elsewhere, so there could be chance, particularly if you do work while the metal was relatively warm due to it's thinness.

Lubbockguy1979 04-09-2010 05:48 PM

Soft code for the low egr flow? This would cause the veins to stay open. Least what a lot of people say about egr deletes and stock trucks. 05+ trucks hit or miss will do this.

hotboygsr 04-09-2010 08:25 PM

I actually have a code for insufficient egr flow and an IAT sensor code just popped up. What can I do as far as this egr problem?

hubler13f 04-09-2010 08:54 PM

I'm curious, is there a sensor that senses the flow of the EGR or does it calculate flow based on how far open the EGR valve is. I know that there is a passageway that leads from where the EGR cooler hooks up to the intake manifold that leads to the EGR valve. And there are a mess of sensors on top of the manifold in that area, kind of wondering if one of them actually measures the flow of the exhaust gases flowing through that passageway. I ask because since I did my EGR delete I only get 19-21 pounds of boost, beforehand I was getting around 25-29.

hotboygsr stated that he is getting an insufficient EGR flow code along with and IAT sensor code after looking at the IAT sensor desciption I am wondering if the IAT sensor #2 helps sense the temp coming from out of the EGR system and therefore helping sense flow by measuring the temp of the hot exhaust gases mixed with the cool air entering the manifold. The following desciption states where IAT #1 is, but not IAT #2.

IAT1 (Intake Air Temperature #1)
The Intake Air Temperature 1 (IAT1) sensor is a two (2) wire thermistor sensor that is located inside the Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor. The PCM supplies a 5 volt reference signal which the IAT1 uses to produce an analog voltage that indicates the intake air temperature. The IAT1 sensor's primary function is to measure intake air temperature to control the timing and fuel rate when cold starting. The continuous monitoring by the IAT1 sensor limits smoke emissions. The MAF/IAT1 sensor is mounted in the intake air piping after the air filter.
IAT2 (Intake Air Temperature #2 The IAT2 sensor is a two (2) wire thermistor type sensor.
The IAT2 sensor changes resistance when exposed to different air temperature.
When temperature decreases, the resistance of the thermistor increases. This causes the signal voltage to increase. When the temperature increases, the resistance of the thermistor decreases. This causes the signal voltage to decrease. The primary function of the IAT2 sensor is to provide a feedback signal to the PCM indicating manifold air temperature. The PCM supplies a 5 volt reference signal which the IAT2 sensor uses to produce an analog voltage that indicates temperature. The PCM monitors the IAT2 signal to determine if the temperature is satisfactory. During engine operation, if the PCM recognizes that the IAT2 signal is lower or higher than the expected value, it will set a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) and illuminate the amber malfunction indicator lamp on the dash.