Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Pennsylvania Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum182/)
-   -   Pa. January Chat....All B/S Allowed :) (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/807501-pa-january-chat-all-b-s-allowed.html)

cbradford 01-04-2009 11:42 AM

And missing 1st place by how many?

glruff 01-04-2009 12:00 PM

Don't know for sure, but I think we need at least 50 to be in the running for 1st. A chebby group I do believe was 1st

soondg 01-04-2009 03:05 PM

Hey Joe, brag on site about getting clocked at 130, but, be very contrite in court. Your honor my raggedy old truck can't go faster than 98, c'mon I'll show you.

Scott, it is a good time and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing this trailered smoker/grill. If Oldfart(Audie) catches that turkey that's been haunting him and freezes it, I hope he brings it to the meet and lets us smoke it. A good twelve hour slow smoke and some homemade BBQ sauce, pulled turkey sandwiches, homemade potato salad, grilled corn on the cob dripping in butter, I'm drooling already.

George, the attend list looks better than it did at this time last year. If I could just get all of my kids and their others to attend it would put us over the top. My wife has been very busy at work, but as soon as she gets a break we're going to think up some stuff for a kids zone, I have thirteen grandchildren that we could register as junior members of the Club.

soondg 01-04-2009 03:10 PM

Gotta run and pick up my wife now. Congratulations to the Ravens. 29 minutes to Eagles kick off. Chile's done, fires on, cigars snipped and my chairs plugged in. Computer off, bye guys.

tiny1 01-05-2009 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by soondg (Post 6966606)
....I'm definitely looking forward to seeing this trailered smoker/grill. If Oldfart(Audie) catches that turkey that's been haunting him and freezes it, I hope he brings it to the meet and lets us smoke it. A good twelve hour slow smoke and some homemade BBQ sauce, pulled turkey sandwiches, homemade potato salad, grilled corn on the cob dripping in butter, I'm drooling already. ...

Damn Joe, now you are making me hungry :9 :9 :9 :9 :9 There is a local guy that has done the food for our fire department banquet and a few other functions over ht elast several years and he has a smoker in the back of his truck. Smoked turkey, pork loin, ribs, chicken..... :9 :9 :9 :9 :9 :9 :9 :9

If you can't tell, me likie FOOOOOD!!!!! LOL

soondg 01-05-2009 05:05 PM

Hey Tiny, Philly's headed your way. I like Eli, but... I'm all a quiver, the Eagles have a chance. This is the rubber match... New York-1...Eagles-1. Pittsburgh already has their spot, now if Philadelphia wins I'll start dreaming of the turnpike bowl.

tiny1 01-06-2009 08:48 AM

Joe... Buffalo is my team seeing that I am in the Rochester area. With that being said, between the Giants and the Eagles, I have to pull for the Eagles all because of McNabb going to Syracuse which is just down the thruway. :)

soondg 01-06-2009 07:44 PM

That's right Neil, I forgot what part of the state your in, didn't some guy they named after a squeezed fruit play there for awhile?

I would like to thank Syracuse University for prepping McNabb for us and converting a New York State Chapter Leader into an Eagles cheerleader.

Fly-Eagles-Fly
On the road to victory.

Fight-Eagles-Fight
Get a touchdown 1-2-3,
1-2-3.

Hit em low, hit em high and watch our Eagles fly.

Fly-Eagles-Fly
On the road to victory.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLLLLLLLES

glruff 01-06-2009 08:03 PM

The meds wearing off Joe, lmao

c00nhunterjoe 01-06-2009 10:06 PM

oh, i'm goin to court, aint no way i was doing 130, i dont thin ki can get over 100. rev limiter kicks in at 3400, gps clocks me at 93 mph at 3000 rpm in overdrive.

tiny1 01-07-2009 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by soondg (Post 6977197)
That's right Neil, I forgot what part of the state your in, didn't some guy they named after a squeezed fruit play there for awhile?

I would like to thank Syracuse University for prepping McNabb for us and converting a New York State Chapter Leader into an Eagles cheerleader.

Fly-Eagles-Fly
On the road to victory.

Fight-Eagles-Fight
Get a touchdown 1-2-3,
1-2-3.

Hit em low, hit em high and watch our Eagles fly.

Fly-Eagles-Fly
On the road to victory.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLLLLLLLES

Yeah you are correct in reference to orange juice playing in Buffalo for several years. I have always been a 'closet' Eagles fan and try to catch them when they are on the tv. I also like the Steelers too so I can also hope for a pike bowl.

Now Joe, do you know which team is my favorite one of them all ??? Whoever is playing Dallas :-missingt :-missingt :-missingt I really enjoy it when Dallas is getting beat becasue on of my brother in-laws is a Cowboys fan.

soondg 01-07-2009 12:48 PM

Keep posted on what happens Joe. I'm curious about how you'll get the judge to realize the limits of your truck.

Is it safe to assume that he's not a favorite brother in law Neil?

c00nhunterjoe 01-07-2009 10:12 PM

short of taking him for a ride i do have printouts from 2 websites with mph/rpm/tire calculators that show its not possible for one, and i was thinking about hooking the gps screen next to the tach and maxing the truck out and taking a picture.

soondg 01-08-2009 11:02 PM

If your truck really does go 130 Joe that means you can get to Carlisle really quick. Maybe you can put a link about the event in your signature so when your zooming around the site other chapters and Pa. people can click on, sign up and join us at one the most fun events of the year.

To the other Pa. members that read this, the same holds true, put the link in your sigs and invite the whole site to join us. Lew from Delaware just bought this incredible smoker/grill so we are definitely going to be eating really, really good.

tiny1 01-09-2009 06:38 AM

Good morning to our southern neighbors and TGIF !!!!!!!!!!!

So Joe,,,,, any predictions on the scores of the Eagles and Steelers games this weekend ????