Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tennessee Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum95/)
-   -   NAVY LAKE G2G Thread. ANSWER UP! (official) (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/748476-navy-lake-g2g-thread-answer-up-official.html)

Layed Out 100 07-03-2008 01:51 AM

We could clean that small one out in a couple of hours...I hope you have some space in you're freezer.

Layed Out 100 07-03-2008 01:55 AM

Hey as soon as you and lariat97 have an open day let me know.We could have a blast cleaning out a hole like that!

Greywolf 07-03-2008 01:59 AM

I ain't sure what's in there, but the RV people that camp next to it don't amount to much. I doubt it's ever been seriously worked over.

Crashing out soon - it's getting late.

lariat97 07-03-2008 09:28 AM

We can go soon. Its getting hot to fish unless you go early or late. Plan a day & I'll try to go. I'll bring my boat. It holds 3 people real good with plenty of room to fish.

Blue Bomber 07-03-2008 10:11 AM

ill come, but i dont fish. how many friends can we bring?i have same friends that fish.
is it still gonna be at Navy Lake?? booze? keep booze hidden in your pocket??
other than that im in. when?

Greywolf 07-03-2008 01:26 PM

Maybe the weekend after this one, the 11th?

I'd watch the booze though. A cold brew might be good at some point, but if it's real hot it will wear someone out. Not to mention DUI's are one of the worst things that could happen to anyone...

I'd say plan it for sometime in the afternoon, since it's easier to get organised that way. Don't forget skeeter spray if we stay late!

Blue Bomber 07-03-2008 03:05 PM

hell yeah, still at Navy Lake??

Layed Out 100 07-03-2008 04:25 PM

count me in

Greywolf 07-03-2008 07:46 PM

SHO NUFF! It's seriously easy to find, if you come up 51 to Millington, turn right at NAVY Road (shows what happens around an old base), drive by the base itself to the very first road going north again (BETHUEL Road) and go north on it to just past the old navy housing that's being torn down. Make a left and you'll see the horse stables ahead - drive slow through there, wouldn't want to spook somebodies critter!

The reason for going around like that is Bethuel road is a 45 zone. Going through the base itself is all 15 and 20 mile an hour zones in that area.

I'm looking for a way to paste a map in here...

Greywolf 07-05-2008 10:39 PM

It's looking good for this one, Layed Out 100 is planning to be there, and so will I.
(At the very least, to show off my new T-Shirt!)

I think we can get live bait out of the edges of the place (likely a sure thing. See the Tennessee Fishing thread. CAST NETS are amazing), and lures are always a possible. A Tennessee fishing license may be required.

On most maps, the lake is called "TANY LAKE", but everyone I ever talked to calls it NAVY lake because it's technically on the base.

If you've never used a cast net before, get ready for some fun! I can show you what you need to know.

One of the advantages of a cast net is that you can find out if there are bait fish close in to shore that big fish might go after. The presence or absence of them tells you how healthy the lake is. Another point is that fish are either breeding, or they are not. A LOT of GAME FISH "GUPPIES" or babies tells you they are in there and of breeding size. These will stay in the shallows until they can defend themselves.

BIG fish normally won't go into shallow water.

"Stream Fishing" though was always my favorite. I can read ripples.

Blue Bomber 07-07-2008 09:31 AM

ill be there but i may be in a chebby. my truck isnt shifting right and may need a column rebuild. YAY!!

Greywolf 07-11-2008 12:40 AM

How's it lookin' for tomorrow?

I'm still getting used to a strange rod and reel...

You'll be in the right place if you see THIS bizarre little ride:
https://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gal...id=183068&.jpg

67nukeford 07-11-2008 07:33 AM

Hey Wolf, they no longer have the A-schools there at Millington?? I went to AMS A-school there in '85.

Blue Bomber 07-11-2008 11:34 AM

Its looking really bad for me. My G/F has to work, and im way too broke to take the truck. sorry guys.

Greywolf 07-11-2008 01:56 PM

They keep talking about bringing the A-schools back so they don't have to rebuild them after hurricanes, but these days it's a giant PSD activety.

By the way Blue Bomber:

Walkers Engine Service
3554 Jackson (back of building)
901 458-8692

You might give 'em a jingle. Sandy Walker is the man with the answers!