Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Washington Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum188/)
-   -   Your New Chapter Leader.... (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/596255-your-new-chapter-leader.html)

brentleedragon 03-28-2007 08:46 PM

congrats mike

Placermike 03-28-2007 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by MARTYSTOWRIG
Speaking of BBQ and SlAW...
Mike is your pork shoulder done dry or wet?

It's done Southern! For exacts look in the Recipe Thread.

You can eat some at the G2G!:-D

MARTYSTOWRIG 03-28-2007 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Placermike
It's done Southern! For exacts look in the Recipe Thread.

You can eat some at the G2G!:-D

OH GEESE, YOU GONNA EXPECT ME TO DO MY OWN RESEARCH?
WHAT A PAL, WHAT A PAL :-drink

SuperSnake 03-28-2007 10:21 PM

Slowed Cooked over nice hot hickory coals. Now I'm gonna have to go gets some BBQ.

Placermike 03-28-2007 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Old Tired Rebel
Slowed Cooked over nice hot hickory coals. Now I'm gonna have to go gets some BBQ.

You're lucky...you can just go to Speedy's...I have to take about 14 hours to 'get er dun'!

SuperSnake 03-28-2007 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Placermike
You're lucky...you can just go to Speedy's...I have to take about 14 hours to get 'er dun!

I have bad news for you. Speedys electric cooks the shoulders and uses liquid smoke. There is only 3 places that still cooks BBQ the right way now. Lexington BBQ, BBQ Pit on N.Main and Lexington Style trimmings on E. Center St. Ext.

MARTYSTOWRIG 03-28-2007 10:46 PM

Thare is a Guy named BIG JOHN that used to live in Marysville and had a hole in the wall BBq joint in Arlington. It was the BEST Brisket pork and pastrami I have ever had. He made everything himself. His meats were smoked in his back yard he made his own potato salad and his own sauce. The name of this place was B.A.M. BBQ. I hear that he reopened near Kayak Pt. Has anyone heard of him? BTW he is like 6'6" and 350lbs and has hands like meat hooks

arctic y block 03-28-2007 10:46 PM

So how far is Colonel Sanders from the G2G? HAAAAA

SuperSnake 03-28-2007 10:47 PM

Let us Know when you come down this way and we'll see about a GTG here.

MARTYSTOWRIG 03-28-2007 10:50 PM

I have bad news for you. Speedys electric cooks the shoulders and uses liquid smoke. There is only 3 places that still cooks BBQ the right way now. Lexington BBQ, BBQ Pit on N.Main and Lexington Style trimmings on E. Center St. Ext.

I just saw Lexington's BBQ on featured on the food chanel.I think it was Rachel Ray (what a hottie) she is my kind of woman. They say it is great stuff

SuperSnake 03-28-2007 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by MARTYSTOWRIG
I just saw Lexington's BBQ on featured on the food chanel.I think it was Rachel Ray (what a hottie) she is my kind of woman. They say it is great stuff

I have heard the same it stays so busy it takes a while to get in.

MARTYSTOWRIG 03-28-2007 10:59 PM

I have heard the same it stays so busy it takes a while to get in.

HA HA HA!!!
Rachel or lexington? :-missingt

SuperSnake 03-28-2007 11:02 PM

Lexington BBQ. I never seen Rachel :-banghead

Placermike 03-28-2007 11:49 PM

Did everyone run out of Hickory?

lostmybeer 03-29-2007 01:04 AM

Hang on and enjoy the ride, it's gonna get wild. Congrats Mike.