Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1997 - 2003 F150 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum25/)
-   -   Increasing the performance and gas mileage of my F-150 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/406691-increasing-the-performance-and-gas-mileage-of-my-f-150-a.html)

lariat97 09-05-2005 10:16 AM

My best mpg mod was efans. I gained about 2 mpg with them. I have several other mods like a superchip,K&N & dual exhaust but I didn't notice much mileage gain from them.

code_red 09-05-2005 11:16 AM

Lariat , you wouldnt happen to have the model number/brand name for those electronic fans you have would ya? I was thinking about trying them out in the future.

RoyalFord 09-05-2005 10:04 PM

Yes, I am looking for electric fan kit too.

But, I don't want a manual kit (to turn off/on). I want one that will turn on when the stock mechanical clutch would kick in based on temp so it doesn't run all the time.

I have heard the electric fan is the best thing that help MPG from many people.

78 short 09-07-2005 12:12 PM

I was told by ford tech that you shouldn't use any injector cleaner in these new tritan engines.All of them.The injectors have a factory coating on them that stops buildup.Once you use a cleaner through them, it takes off that coating and then you'll be cleaning the dam things every other month.I see alot of peaple on rthis site reconmending this procedure..I hope I'm wrong or lots of peaple just recked there injectors.

code_red 09-07-2005 05:35 PM

Ive heard about the throttle body housing having a protective coating on it, but this is a 1st on the actual injectors themselfs??????? Anyone?

lariat97 09-07-2005 09:44 PM

I would post my efan model but the site edits the brand. they works off your engine temp. It has 2- 16 inch severe duty electric fans with 225 watt motors & seperate controllers for each. They come with everything to install them & great instructions. You will need a temp probe to set the controllers. I've been running them for 2 yrs & no problems. Pm me if you want the brand name & where to get them.

78 short 09-08-2005 06:08 AM

I'll double check with that ford tech to see if I misunderstood him or something....I'll get back to that.

murph1 09-14-2005 12:50 PM

something that i have just done to increase mileage that was not brought up was to make sure your brakes are no dragging..just did a complete brake job and you would not believe how much effort it had taken to loose the pads..the slides had rust under them and the sleeved slides would not budge..appox. 50k and its a 99 150 4x4 with discs..in the several days time since finishing i gained 2mpg city...for me thats several tanks of gas per year=money in my pocket..there are not many so called "bolt ons" that will give you that in writing/money back gaurantee..even if you just did brakes 15k ago check out them brakes...its your money..i hope to take a short trip this weekend and i hope to see 3mpg gains on the highway...don't forget the emergancy brake also if you have discs..