Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   FE & FT Big Block V8 (332, 352, 360, 390, 406, 410, 427, 428) (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum51/)
-   -   Where are these guys? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1246193-where-are-these-guys.html)

krewat 06-04-2013 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by travelerest (Post 13219546)
The injured party is us....

That very well may be. I only enforce the rules, I don't make them. It's not in my power to allow some to break the rules, and not others.

And it wasn't just my decision alone. I do, however, take full responsibility for my actions. Something in short supply apparently. :-roll

jaydgraff 06-04-2013 10:15 AM

How funny I was just thinking about this same subject just days ago, I miss all those guys mentioned.

Someone should contact them and invite them back, let them know how valuable there opinions are, and that they are missed.

We still have many great knowledgeable people on this site, don't want to discount them

Hypoid 06-22-2013 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Krewat (Post 13213941)
Exactly. Things change. Go to a bar for 10 years in a row, some of the old timers move on after a few years, some new ones move in. One grizzly gets drunk and starts picking on the newbies. And gets ejected. Permanently. Another stands next to the bar yelling about how great the beer is that he makes at home. Some friends of his leave with him when he's told to be quiet. Another bunch sitting in the corner get tired of the commotion and go home to sit alone or with a friend or two in their own backyards with a cooler full of beer. Another group of people, tired of all the flashing neon signs on the walls for all the various brands of cheap beer, go find another bar where the clientele is trashier and move abusive, but there aren't any neon signs flashing in their face every time they visit. And in turn, they are allowed to abuse the rest of the patrons. Especially the newbies.

Hmm... that's a pretty good analogy right there :-X03

Damn, this place get buggier every time I visit! ;)

Freightrain 07-01-2013 01:38 PM

Dang Art, that is a pretty good analogy. From all the websites I've been to in the last 15 yrs, not many have the same "big" people around. They come, they go.

FFR428 07-04-2013 11:18 AM

Happy 4th everyone! I still chat with Russ quite a bit. He's doing ok. Maybe he'll see this and say hello? Lloyd I haven't heard from in some time. Hope he's ok. Barry's a good guy in my book. He's been very helpful to me everyone and still see him post quite a bit elsewhere. I REALLY like those new heads of his. Things have been busy for me but still lurk here from time to time. Nice to hear from everyone and hope all is well~! Keep at those FE's!! Best engines ever. :-X04

maxtor 07-06-2013 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by FFR428 (Post 13311613)
Happy 4th everyone! I still chat with Russ quite a bit. He's doing ok. Maybe he'll see this and say hello? Lloyd I haven't heard from in some time. Hope he's ok. Barry's a good guy in my book. He's been very helpful to me everyone and still see him post quite a bit elsewhere. I REALLY like those new heads of his. Things have been busy for me but still lurk here from time to time. Nice to hear from everyone and hope all is well~! Keep at those FE's!! Best engines ever. :-X04

Hello Glenn;

I am still kicking. The Falcon is at 850 hp now, and I think I am done. I don't want to go into the 8's so I am finished with increasing hp. I am changing out all the glass windows for plastic, and remove the hand cranks and mechanisms. This will lighten the car by about 100 lbs. Any more hp might split the block. Barry has a fix for that with a all aluminum block, but I am content with being able to run in the 9s. In fact I am going to dial it back to run 10.0 to 10.3 so I don't have to run with a full fire suit in this hot weather.
I don't come on this site much anymore, due to most forum members are interested in stock information. There are plenty of people here that can give information on that.

RapidRuss 07-28-2013 09:13 AM

I had to change my browser in order to post ? Dont know why but did ! Still here after all these years..Most posts I go to usually have been answered 10 fold by the time I read them.. Hello to one and all ..and to the Ol gang also ! :)

maxtor 07-28-2013 12:22 PM

Hello Russ;

Glad to see you are still around. I never heard back from you since I sent you those 428 heads. Did you get them? Free was a good price. Did you repair the one that needed welding?
I don't come on here much, so I will check to see if you respond in a couple of days.

krewat 07-29-2013 02:35 PM

Glad to see you guys still around... been WAY too busy at work to actually check in much. Gotta find an underling }>

maxtor 08-01-2013 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Krewat (Post 13384576)
Glad to see you guys still around... been WAY too busy at work to actually check in much. Gotta find an underling }>

For the last 20 years, I have been building only FE race engines. Most of the forum members here are interested in keeping their stock engines going. My suggestions are not in the price range of most forum members. Cutting corners because of a budget, on a race engine ends in a broken race engine. So, my input is not relevant in most cases. So, I don't post very much on this site. Great site, great people, just my input is not relevant to most issues here.

RapidRuss 08-02-2013 05:06 PM

Hey Art, Lloyd,

Well I have had a few sugeries over the last few years..As a matter of fact just got home from the VA hosiptal today ...Been sick for almost 5 years now..PAD...if your aware of that..Just when I recoup..another vein or two collpase and run me down again..I hope they get me stright soon..I'am tired of being couped up in the house..I need to go like I used too !

But to answer your Q Lloyd..yes I still have the heads...altho they have left the west coast as of yet...a Buddy had them in wrap in central cal..along with my 428 crank etc..a few other goodies that would make neebies sweat ! LOL...

But i try to help the kids and some of the guys when I can..stock or not..a motor is a motor ..No matter how many cubic dollars have been added to it...Been there done that also..But usually by the time I get to the Q's..they have been asnswer 10 fold ...thats good...I only may add a comment if if see something going aray ?

maxtor 08-06-2013 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by RapidRuss (Post 13398700)
Hey Art, Lloyd,

But i try to help the kids and some of the guys when I can..stock or not..a motor is a motor ..No matter how many cubic dollars have been added to it

Hey Russ, glad to hear you are on the mend.

Many of the guys ask what cam is best, what heads should I use, what rockers are best, etc. etc. Since this is a truck forum, there are many inexpensive answers to those questions. I don't think many of them want to spend $2,000 on a roller rocker setup like we use. Some might, most don't. Barry has an aluminum block that is stout, but it is around $5,000. CNC Edelbrock rpm heads with 2.25 intakes and 1.75 exhaust valves from Kieth Craft flow a ton, but are more than most want to spend on the complete build. So that is what I meant.

434 Build Photo by Maxtor427 | Photobucket

FFR428 08-11-2013 12:03 PM

Hey Lloyd good to hear your doing well. Sounds like thew Falcon is kickin some serious HP~! Keep on rockin buddy!

Russ... my good buddy. Glad to see your doing ok. We don't chat as often as we used too!! Take care now!

RapidRuss 08-12-2013 04:53 AM

Hey G, good to hear from ya ! Yeah it has been a while ...between me recouping..and them getting more and more MRI's and CT scans..and making me a freakin pin cushing ? I tell yeah ! Then wednesday..Sandi was headed to work..Got her first ticket in the Stang..Inspection was out in April..:)... So Friday I took it to the shop and got a new one..Friday night she calls at 5:30pm..Says she's at Advanced auto in NE Roanoke..The starter went out in the Truck..So that was a 3 hr round trip to get her..Then Sat morning spent on my back in the rain changing starters.. Oh Joyful weekend..LOL

Didnt get any guitar practice in this week at all...and God knows I need all I can get ! Good to see all my Nephews up north are all playing in bands and doing well !!