Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.7L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum205/)
-   -   Remote start, heater and heated seats. (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1110747-remote-start-heater-and-heated-seats.html)

Davgt500 10-28-2011 04:45 PM

Confirmed on my truck, heated seats working w/ Remote Start. 22 this-morning and had toasty seats when I got in.

TyWebb 10-29-2011 05:48 AM

My heated and cooled seats have never turned on via remote start. We had a 3 week stretch of never getting above zero last winter so the heated seats would have been nice.

kereams 10-29-2011 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by TyWebb (Post 10975383)
My heated and cooled seats have never turned on via remote start. We had a 3 week stretch of never getting above zero last winter so the heated seats would have been nice.

Go to your dealer and tell them that. There was a software update to address that I am told.

cirrus365 10-29-2011 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by kereams (Post 10975877)
Go to your dealer and tell them that. There was a software update to address that I am told.

Do you or anyone know more about this? I am sure mine do not come on during remote start.

kereams 10-29-2011 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by cirrus365 (Post 10976294)
Do you or anyone know more about this? I am sure mine do not come on during remote start.

I complained of the same thing while in for another issue and they told me there was a software update and they applied it to my truck. Thats all I know.

cirrus365 10-29-2011 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by kereams (Post 10976310)
I complained of the same thing while in for another issue and they told me there was a software update and they applied it to my truck. Thats all I know.

Thanks. I will ask when I am at the dealer next week.

fixdent 10-29-2011 07:57 PM

And now you have heated seats that work with your remote...??

--
Gordon<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

TyWebb 10-31-2011 05:18 AM

If anyone has the TSB for this or any info on the software upgrade that would be helpful. Thanks for the response.

Jimax 10-31-2011 11:33 PM

The climate control will always work when you remote start the truck. It will either turn on the AC or the heat based on the temperature in the cabin. You don't have to leave your climate control on for it to come on during remote start. The benefit to leaving it on however is that when you put the key in, the climate control will continue to run with no change in fan speed, etc. This is especially helpful on hot summer days.

My cooled seats have always come in during remote start. It has not been cool enough for the heated seats yet, but I'm sure they too will come on if it is cold enough outside and the truck is remote started.

kereams 11-02-2011 08:50 PM

Happy to report back that it was colder outside this morning and the butt heaters turned on with the remote start. :-jammin

powerstroke72 11-06-2011 06:46 AM

I've been following this thread with a lot of curiosity and finally had a chance to try mine out.

On Friday night, I parked the truck at work around 5:45 PM. When I parked it, I purposely set the A/C on 60 on both sides and left it on the vents. I used the remote to start it around 5:40 AM on Saturday morning and when I got in the truck around 5:50, the defroster was blowing warm air and had almost defrosted the whole windshield. Also, the driver's seat was nice and warm and the warm air was blowing up through the seats.

Same situation on Saturday night and Sunday morning.....warm throughout after leaving the A/C on the night before when I parked the truck.

Both mornings, the outside temperature was right at 30* F. The truck has a build date of 2/11 and hasn't been flashed that I know of unless it was done before my dealer transferred it in.

MNDiesel2 11-06-2011 11:00 PM

Here's hoping my seats start heating when it gets cold.......oh...I don't have them...and I'm probably one of the few that's gonna really need them...could I divert the rear air up to the seat maybe...??

'08FX4 11-19-2011 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by powerstroke72 (Post 11005068)
I've been following this thread with a lot of curiosity and finally had a chance to try mine out.

On Friday night, I parked the truck at work around 5:45 PM. When I parked it, I purposely set the A/C on 60 on both sides and left it on the vents. I used the remote to start it around 5:40 AM on Saturday morning and when I got in the truck around 5:50, the defroster was blowing warm air and had almost defrosted the whole windshield. Also, the driver's seat was nice and warm and the warm air was blowing up through the seats.

Same situation on Saturday night and Sunday morning.....warm throughout after leaving the A/C on the night before when I parked the truck.

Both mornings, the outside temperature was right at 30* F. The truck has a build date of 2/11 and hasn't been flashed that I know of unless it was done before my dealer transferred it in.

Does your truck have the rapid heat feature(or whatever it's called) the electric auxiliary heater) because I don't think my truck would ever be warm enough after 10 minutes of idling in ~30 degree weather to blow warm air. Hell I have to drive it for 10 miles before the engine temp gauge even twitches....

Davgt500 11-19-2011 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by '08FX4 (Post 11054642)
Does your truck have the rapid heat feature(or whatever it's called) the electric auxiliary heater) because I don't think my truck would ever be warm enough after 10 minutes of idling in ~30 degree weather to blow warm air. Hell I have to drive it for 10 miles before the engine temp gauge even twitches....

My truck does the same thing as Powerstroke72's and mine does have the rapid heat option.

powerstroke72 11-19-2011 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by '08FX4 (Post 11054642)

Yes it does have the Rapid Heat Supplemental Heater.