Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Delaware Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum191/)
-   -   DE January Chat Thread All Welcome (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/806974-de-january-chat-thread-all-welcome.html)

Greywolf 01-19-2009 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Sparky83 (Post 7030121)
keeps dropping the connection... have had the guys out here before several times for it.. but the Company itself wont believe its not in the house even when theyre own tech guys say its not... it happens for a bit.. then goes away... happens again... goes away.. its annoying...

I know what that is. NON-WEATHERPROOF connections. (Or badly installed or loose weather seals at the connectors)

i did a service call once on a satellite install that went out just after dark, and came back a few hours after sunup.

It turned out the connectors outside were not tightened, and the dew was condensing in them, which shorted the signal to ground. It fried their reciever as I recall....

When the air cooled outside, the humidity shorted things out. In the morning the sun warned everything up - and dried out the loose connections.

If you have dial up or DSL there could be a messed up housing box, or connections too close together. They are supposed to be sealed tight against moisture. Go out to your line connections and look them over. If the box has holes or isn't shut - ice can do the same thing.

It can't hurt to go have a look. They don't hire rocket scientists.....

fabmandelux 01-19-2009 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by SteveBricks (Post 7030333)
:eek::eek::eek::eek:

That's some wild stuff right there.

Never seen anything like that - light breeze blowing from the back of the truck to the front?

No, the breeze is from the front! The micro frozen fog builds up one small particle at a time. It can get so bad some years here that the phone co hires high school kids to ride around and knock the ice off the lines........

SteveBricks 01-19-2009 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by fabmandelux (Post 7030363)
No, the breeze is from the front! The micro frozen fog builds up one small particle at a time. It can get so bad some years here that the phone co hires high school kids to ride around and knock the ice off the lines........

That's wild.

80351 01-19-2009 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Sparky83 (Post 7030121)
keeps dropping the connection... have had the guys out here before several times for it.. but the Company itself wont believe its not in the house even when theyre own tech guys say its not... it happens for a bit.. then goes away... happens again... goes away.. its annoying...

That sounds like what happens to me with Com Crash

80351 01-19-2009 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by glruff (Post 7030123)
We got a little more than a dusting and was gone by 2p

The freezing FOG on the windshield was a killer though

It snowed down at the old job til about 2:30 and when I got home 30 some miles North of there it was still coming down and true to MD drivers they can't Truckin drive. Did you see on tthe nws about the 35 car 2 tractor trailer
pile up. People skidding everywhere too.

glruff 01-19-2009 06:19 PM

Saw that Dave

East of me, near the coast someone said they had 2"

80351 01-19-2009 06:21 PM

I just wish the ***holes would learn how to drive. 60 MPH zone on 795
and couldn't get above 45.

SCRWDRVR 01-19-2009 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by glruff (Post 7030047)
Hey Brian, get finished?

I wish, but I almost have the house all empty.......

That freezing fog is nasty

Sparky83 01-19-2009 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Greywolf (Post 7030359)
I know what that is. NON-WEATHERPROOF connections. (Or badly installed or loose weather seals at the connectors)

i did a service call once on a satellite install that went out just after dark, and came back a few hours after sunup.

It turned out the connectors outside were not tightened, and the dew was condensing in them, which shorted the signal to ground. It fried their reciever as I recall....

When the air cooled outside, the humidity shorted things out. In the morning the sun warned everything up - and dried out the loose connections.

If you have dial up or DSL there could be a messed up housing box, or connections too close together. They are supposed to be sealed tight against moisture. Go out to your line connections and look them over. If the box has holes or isn't shut - ice can do the same thing.

It can't hurt to go have a look. They don't hire rocket scientists.....

its cable.. but yeah every time we call them they replace the splitter outside.. matter fact theyve replaced every splitter we have in the house every time we call them out... but will definitely look tomorrow if its not raining... the one time a pin hole formed in the back of the casing...

last time we called them out they dropped a new line in the yard... but wasnt till a week after it stopped having the problem...

Sparky83 01-19-2009 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by 80351 (Post 7030387)
That sounds like what happens to me with Com Crash

ours is with cox... its getting annoying cuz this has been going on now for the last 2 yrs...

Sparky83 01-19-2009 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by fabmandelux (Post 7030312)
Try this freezing fog, I've had this s*** since Wed.......:mad:

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...ngFog09009.jpg

LOL looks like ya got a furry truck there....

350steve 01-19-2009 06:33 PM

we get that freezing fog/mist off the ocean not that bad thou..

I like the new up-grades they did,and i have 1 friend...:-jammin

80351 01-19-2009 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Sparky83 (Post 7030509)
ours is with cox... its getting annoying cuz this has been going on now for the last 2 yrs...

I can understand that, mines been about the same time here but it did it at the old house too so it isn't the connections outside.
Comcast tells me when I lose the signal I have unplug they're box and our wireless router wait a few minutes then plug them back in again. If that doesn't work do it again then reboot the computer. What a PITA

pmasley 01-19-2009 07:03 PM

Dave:

Wireless boxes can be a PITA.

But now we may be getting somehere. Check your wireless box and make sure that you turn on for it to do a continuios ping. I don't know exactly what it is called. But there is a setting for checking the internet connection. You want it "on" constantly

80351 01-19-2009 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by pmasley (Post 7030759)
Dave:

Wireless boxes can be a PITA.

But now we may be getting somehere. Check your wireless box and make sure that you turn on for it to do a continuios ping. I don't know exactly what it is called. But there is a setting for checking the internet connection. You want it "on" constantly

Is that in the software Paul or a button on the box?
If its in the software its on her computer and I'm not
allowed there. I'll explain that one sometime