Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum41/)
-   -   This is the planning & info thread for the September 2019 PA Truckstock (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1558418-this-is-the-planning-and-info-thread-for-the-september-2019-pa-truckstock.html)

pineconeford 09-09-2019 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by abe (Post 18842333)
I drove out to the Bald Eagle State Park today to check things out.......

Tom, here is yurt B. Home Sweet Home!

Ha ha ha ................it'll be home for all of us. Pretty much in the center of where we are grouped together.
We need to deputize some lookouts for the park rangers. ;)
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...8110d02c02.jpg

abe 09-09-2019 08:29 PM

That's funny tom. Now the ice cream will be Teaberry which Dennis said he'll bring.

abe 09-09-2019 08:30 PM

The lady in the park office said there is a place where bald eagles are seen often. Bald eagles like to catch and eat fish.

abe 09-09-2019 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by 52 USCG Panel (Post 18842472)
Hi Abe. The excitement is building. I would probably like to make stops at the sites you mention, unless for some reason I would be pressed for time. I am open, however, to suggestions on the best scenic route to take. I didn't have decent maps to look at until just today. It turns out that Union City is a little further north than I first imagined. Greenville, PA would be another possibility for staying overnight Wednesday. Which route south and east from Union City or Greenville do you think would be best?

Jim

Don't stop at hyner View. I plan on driving there on Saturday, weather permitting. Just look up to the left as you pass by. You'll see an outcropping of rocks and a stone wall.

Route 120 will take you farther east than you need to be. You'll go through Renovo, pronounced Renova by the locals. Then you'll follow the West Branch of the Susquehanna south to lock Haven, my town. It's another 13 miles to Bald Eagle state Park from Lock Haven. Route 144 might be shorter. I've never driven 144 from up north to Snow Shoe. There is a Snow Shoe exit on route 80 if you choose to take 80 for a few miles to the Milesburg exit.

52 USCG Panel 09-10-2019 08:29 PM

Packed and ready to head out:

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...cef7c6b87e.jpg

We are going to go away for the week-end and the rest of this week is pretty busy, so today was pretty much my day for getting ready. I plan to leave Monday morning, Sept. 16.

I've got lots of tools and parts--also water, fuel, a spare battery, jack stands, wheel chucks, and a charger packed. The things needed for camping are also rounded up and stowed for the trip.

We spent some time today going over the truck trying to make sure everything is ready to go. One thing we caught was badly adjusted headlights. My lights are still dim, but much better than they were.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...b13ecc361a.jpg

Jim

pineconeford 09-10-2019 08:59 PM

Lookin' good Jim.
Looking forward to meeting you and seeing the panel in person.
I have begun my preparations as well.
Tom

abe 09-10-2019 09:17 PM

Inside of panel looks good. Are you sleeping in you truck?

52 USCG Panel 09-10-2019 10:02 PM

Yes, I'm sleeping in the truck. I'm not even bringing a tent. I put a 1/2 inch of foam under the brown tarp that is shown, plus I have a self-inflating therm-a-rest mattress I use on canoe camping adventures. I should be good.

I'm bringing a little cooler, but not much for food. I'll do some food shopping during the event, or maybe we'll mostly be going out to eat. I'll be ready either way. If you want me to bring something to share, just let me know. So far I'm just bringing coffee. I'll bring a couple of pounds so we'll have enough for breakfasts and during the day too. I'll have sugar and half&half to go with the coffee--also some metal "camping" type cups.

Jim

abe 09-10-2019 10:30 PM

Coffee in metal camping cups! Sounds like fun!

Silver54 09-12-2019 07:43 AM

One week to go Gentlemen!

abe 09-12-2019 08:20 AM

I can't wait! I'm getting excited!

My tentative plans are this. And they are very tentative. I am totally flexible (I can touch my toes) on these plans depending on weather and your desires.

Thur: meet and greet and hang out around a campfire and talk trucks
Friday: go to Piper Museum in Lock Haven, lunch at my favorite Diner near Lock Haven, then back to Bald Eagle State Park. I invited a father and son who have Ford trucks (and cars) to come to the park. The son said his 56 is tore apart for a repaint and his dad doesn't get out much. He has a 56 he converted to 4 wheel drive years ago. He invited us to their place, which is better. Then we can see all their vehicles. It is 12 miles from the park. After that hang out at the park.
Saturday: drive to Hyner View about 30 miles from the park. Dive to my place in Lock Haven. Then hang out at the park.
Sunday: departure day. You are all invited to my church in Mill Hall if you so desire and have time. It starts at 10:45 and is over around 12:00.

My cell is :570-660-0976. If you're travelling here Friday or Saturday call me to see if we left yet or where we are.

Harrier 09-12-2019 08:52 AM

Man I'm jealous. I told my wife I really want to go to a Truckstock event soon. She was a little surprised when I said it would be a week to two week trip. :) What a fun adventure it will be.

At least this weekend I get the opportunity to go see Nebraska play Oklahoma in women's soccer this Friday evening.
Then on Saturday watch Nebraska play Northern Illinois Saturday evening. It will be a whirlwind weekend for sure.

abe 09-12-2019 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Harrier (Post 18846496)
Man I'm jealous. I told my wife I really want to go to a Truckstock event soon. She was a little surprised when I said it would be a week to two week trip. :) What a fun adventure it will be.

At least this weekend I get the opportunity to go see Nebraska play Oklahoma in women's soccer this Friday evening.
Then on Saturday watch Nebraska play Northern Illinois Saturday evening. It will be a whirlwind weekend for sure.

Joe, you could fly into the State College airport which is 20 minutes away and I could have someone pick you up. That way it would only be a 4 day trip. And you'd be home to Missouri before most of the guys have driven their trucks home. Then you can drive my F350 at Truckstock.

pineconeford 09-12-2019 06:06 PM

I'm checking over the F3 getting it ready for the 1,200 mile round trip. < and it's first real purpose drive on the road since 1968> I found a few issues underneath and will be working towards fixing them in the next few days. I've got to remember to bring extra baling wire, a big hammer, duct tape and a pint can of green touch up paint.

Getting excited for next week!
Tom
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...4fa88e18c6.jpg

bhalemail 09-12-2019 08:55 PM

Tom, throw in a pack of two part epoxy. You can seal a leak at least temporarily with that stuff