Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   British Columbia (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum165/)
-   -   BC Chapter June All Topics/bs Thread All Welcome (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/855876-bc-chapter-june-all-topics-bs-thread-all-welcome.html)

Saleenguy 06-11-2009 10:26 AM

Good Morning everyone.

Its a beautiful day here in the loops, sunny and warm.:-X0A6

Saleenguy 06-11-2009 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by J_E_Summit (Post 7598731)
Good morning BC and visitors

I realized that last night too. Just shoot me an email about it.

I thought about phoning you after I got done with the horses, but all I wanted to do at that point was dry off and go to bed:-X17

Okay I will send it soon J.:)

67nukeford 06-11-2009 10:28 AM

Morning Marty. Another cool, damp day here. They keep promising warmer weather this weekend, but I'm taking that with a grain of salt.

Saleenguy 06-11-2009 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by 97nukeford (Post 7598814)
Morning Marty. Another cool, damp day here. They keep promising warmer weather this weekend, but I'm taking that with a grain of salt.

Well hopefully it does get nicer, and you can take the "canoe" out this weekend.

Saleenguy 06-11-2009 10:31 AM

So how are ya #2?

J_E_Summit 06-11-2009 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Saleenguy (Post 7598801)
Good Morning everyone.

Its a beautiful day here in the loops, sunny and warm.:-X0A6

Looks like it is going to be a sunny day here too. It was looking pretty good last night until an isolated thunderstorm roled right over us while we were riding:-hair We were soaked withen minutes and called the ride short.

Damn storm was only half a mile wide, but centered on us:-banghead

tin-man 06-11-2009 10:33 AM

Morning BC, Dipstick checking in!! Hey to everyone, except Marty!!!

Saleenguy 06-11-2009 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by J_E_Summit (Post 7598827)
Looks like it is going to be a sunny day here too. It was looking pretty good last night until an isolated thunderstorm roled right over us while we were riding:-hair We were soaked withen minutes and called the ride short.

Damn storm was only half a mile wide, but centered on us:-banghead

WOW them freak storms can really suck Jason.

Who do you usually ride with?

Saleenguy 06-11-2009 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by tin-man (Post 7598834)
Morning BC, Dipstick checking in!! Hey to everyone, except Marty!!!

Good Morning DIPPY, how is life treating ya?

Come here and give me a hug.....lol}>:-missingt

J_E_Summit 06-11-2009 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Saleenguy (Post 7598876)
WOW them freak storms can really suck Jason.

Who do you usually ride with?

Last night I was riding with my Grandfather. I ussually ride on my own. Sometimes I ride with my cousin. This year I joined the backcountry horsemen, so hopefully I can meet more trail riders and get out on some of their rides.

Saleenguy 06-11-2009 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by J_E_Summit (Post 7598923)
Last night I was riding with my Grandfather. I ussually ride on my own. Sometimes I ride with my cousin. This year I joined the backcountry horsemen, so hopefully I can meet more trail riders and get out on some of their rides.

Thats cool your grandfather rides, I was too young to remember much about most of my grand parents, just my Moms Mother made it until I was a teenager, so i remember her well.

J_E_Summit 06-11-2009 10:58 AM

I am lucky anough to have 3 of 4 grandparents left. My grandfather on my dad's side is all by himself now, but he is still extremely active.

67nukeford 06-11-2009 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by J_E_Summit (Post 7598923)

I miss riding horseback. I used to go a lot when I lived in Wyoming. Haven't been on a horse for a long time.

J_E_Summit 06-11-2009 11:09 AM

I only have one really rideable saddle horse right now, but you are welcome to come for a ride a year from now when our filly is broke:)

Heck, if you are looking for some fun, come on up this fall and you can get the first ride:)

Saleenguy 06-11-2009 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by J_E_Summit (Post 7598940)
I am lucky anough to have 3 of 4 grandparents left. My grandfather on my dad's side is all by himself now, but he is still extremely active.

J can I ask if you have a GF or not?

You seem like a damn nice guy, with a job, brain, interests, so would be surprised if you are single, or are much longer.
A tip from an old guy, get a gal that has similar interests as you at least in a few areas, and also is willing to try new stuff, otherwise it can be tough to make a relationship work.

J_E_Summit 06-11-2009 11:37 AM

Unfortunantly, I am single. Hopefully you are right and I won't be for much longer:)

Saleenguy 06-11-2009 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by J_E_Summit (Post 7599078)
Unfortunantly, I am single. Hopefully you are right and I won't be for much longer:)

Usually the old saying "when you least expect it" is right.

Miss right will oneday come along, and just be open to accept her is all you need to do.:)

tiny1 06-11-2009 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Saleenguy (Post 7599095)
Usually the old saying "when you least expect it" is right.

Miss right will oneday come along, and just be open to accept her is all you need to do.:)

Words of knowledge right there :)

Afternoon everyone, just making a quick stop to see what is up.

J_E_Summit 06-11-2009 02:20 PM

Wow, this place is really buzzing today. Must be a sign that summer is here.

tin-man 06-11-2009 02:24 PM

Don't tell Marty THAT, WE can't get his head thru the door now!!

J_E_Summit 06-11-2009 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by tiny1 (Post 7599630)

Oh don't worry, I am patient.

How is the weather up your way?

tin-man 06-11-2009 02:26 PM

Stupid Word's right there :)

I fixed it for you Neil!! :rolleyes:}>:-missingt:-missingt

J_E_Summit 06-11-2009 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by tin-man (Post 7599660)
:rolleyes:}>:-missingt:-missingt

You sure seam to enjoy using icons:-missingt. Finding the ones to use must be frustrating :-banghead, but I guess its better then you spending all of your time typing:-tap:-blah. Of course you could take all that time that you might save and have a good party :-bigparty, just gotta cancel the internet so you can afford the beer:-drink and it might shock the wife:eek: when she comes home and finds you rocking it out:-headbang:-jammin with a beer in each hand:-partybud & a 100 or so drunk friends; best case scenario would be that you get to snooze:-X17 on the couch for a few nights, but she might be really angry:mad: :-arrghand kick you out onto the street after having a big fight with you:-X19:-duel1. Just remember to hide the guns before you do all of this, or she might shoot you:-X01

Ok, I really gotta lay off of the caffiene for awhileOo., or maybe its because I have spent too much time in this tiny cubicle breathing filtered air under artificial light while stairing at this damn computer moniter, before you guys get tired of my :-blah:)

Saleenguy 06-11-2009 03:35 PM

Hi neil, its a pleasure to log in and find you posting in the humble BC thread.

How are you my friend?

Saleenguy 06-11-2009 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by tin-man (Post 7599646)

Yes you can.

It just requires a LARGE door is all.

Saleenguy 06-11-2009 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by J_E_Summit (Post 7599760)
You sure seam to enjoy using icons:-missingt. Finding the ones to use must be frustrating :-banghead, but I guess its better then you spending all of your time typing:-tap:-blah. Of course you could take all that time that you might save and have a good party :-bigparty, just gotta cancel the internet so you can afford the beer:-drink and it might shock the wife:eek: when she comes home and finds you rocking it out:-headbang:-jammin with a beer in each hand:-partybud & a 100 or so drunk friends; best case scenario would be that you get to snooze:-X17 on the couch for a few nights, but she might be really angry:mad: :-arrghand kick you out onto the street after having a big fight with you:-X19:-duel1. Just remember to hide the guns before you do all of this, or she might shoot you:-X01

Ok, I really gotta lay off of the caffiene for awhileOo., or maybe its because I have spent too much time in this tiny cubicle breathing filtered air under artificial light while stairing at this damn computer moniter, before you guys get tired of my :-blah:)

Awesome post Jason.

Sorry I had to call you today, i tried my gmail, but it was not working.

I am off again, take care everyone.

J_E_Summit 06-11-2009 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Saleenguy (Post 7600007)
Awesome post Jason.

Sorry I had to call you today, i tried my gmail, but it was not working.

I am off again, take care everyone.

Not a problem at all Marty.

Flying_Dutchman 06-11-2009 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Saleenguy (Post 7598032)
I am betting the wrong oil is in it, and that will ruin a wet clutch really quickly.

I would dump the oil and filter ASAP, and go to a place like Canadian tire, and buy rottella 15w40 and try it.

It is awesome oil for bikes.

For some reason when I read that first post I thought you meant tranny fluid. I have changed the engine oil recently. I used 10-40.

Edit: Im thinking now, that the clutch setup different than it is on a car.... from your wet clutch comment. Im pretty brain dead as of late because of lack of sleep.

Flying_Dutchman 06-11-2009 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by J_E_Summit (Post 7599078)

Being single isn't all bad, gives you more freedom.

Saleenguy 06-11-2009 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Flying_Dutchman (Post 7600521)
For some reason when I read that first post I thought you meant tranny fluid. I have changed the engine oil recently. I used 10-40.

Edit: Im thinking now, that the clutch setup different than it is on a car.... from your wet clutch comment. Im pretty brain dead as of late because of lack of sleep.

Your tranny, clutch, and motor should all be sharing the exact same oil.

Please tell me you did not use an automotive 10w40 oil?

the email pic I sent you is the correct oil.

Flying_Dutchman 06-11-2009 06:29 PM

Im using 10-40 that I got from a motorcycle shop in Langley. It says GN4 SAE 10W-40 SJ Motorcycle Oil.

It is a slipper clutch, Ive read that it may need to be adjusted a bit. I have aftermarket levers too, Maybe I should try and put my stock lever back on and re adjust the cable.

Saleenguy 06-11-2009 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Flying_Dutchman (Post 7600609)
Im using 10-40 that I got from a motorcycle shop in Langley. It says GN4 SAE 10W-40 SJ Motorcycle Oil.

It is a slipper clutch, Ive read that it may need to be adjusted a bit. I have aftermarket levers too, Maybe I should try and put my stock lever back on and re adjust the cable.

Oh good, that is a proper bike oil, auto oil will kill it fast.

Cool you have a slipper clutch, they work good, but yes, do need adjusting.

How much free play do you have in your clutch lever.
At the pivot point, where the gap is, is it about the thickness of a quarter for free play?

J_E_Summit 06-11-2009 07:06 PM

Well, I will cath you all tomorrow. Enjoy your evenings.

JE

wallz 06-11-2009 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by tin-man (Post 7599646)

Good evening everyone.

David, that is why someone came up with double doors, they must of new Marty.:-missingt

Saleenguy 06-11-2009 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by J_E_Summit (Post 7600716)
Well, I will cath you all tomorrow. Enjoy your evenings.

JE

Goodnight J.

Have a good ride if you go out again tonite.

Saleenguy 06-11-2009 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by wallz (Post 7600728)
Good evening everyone.

David, that is why someone came up with double doors, they must of new Marty.:-missingt

Thats it for sure.

wallz 06-11-2009 07:54 PM

How was your day Marty?

Saleenguy 06-11-2009 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by wallz (Post 7600888)
How was your day Marty?

Not bad thanks.

Yours ?

wallz 06-11-2009 08:29 PM

Pretty tough, and hot, but its over.

Zip 06-11-2009 08:51 PM

Howdy all. Back from a couple days of rest and relaxation. More sun and heat today. Had a few claps of thunder but it didn't amount to anything.