Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum41/)
-   -   This is the planning & info thread for the September 2019 PA Truckstock (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1558418-this-is-the-planning-and-info-thread-for-the-september-2019-pa-truckstock.html)

abe 08-21-2019 04:36 PM

Bump to the top....

The 2019 Central PA Mountain Truckstock is less than one month away! Still room for more trucks and truckers! Come for all days or just one day, in your 48-56 Ford or your daily driver.

Last year was cancelled due to the dam backing up and flooding much of the state Park. But this summer has been dryer. I will soon drive out to park headquarters and see how things are.

pineconeford 08-21-2019 07:07 PM

Can't wait to meet and see you guys!
I have a Yurt booked, will be traveling alone and might have room for 2 or 3 of you if you don't mind sharing a fancy tent with a fridge & microwave.
The campground says the Yurt will sleep six....but I'll also say that a station wagon in the 60's did too...and you know how close that meant. So I'll say I have room for 2 or 3.
If we eat beans around the campfire...well...that number could vary. :-X24

Tom

bobj49f2 08-21-2019 09:15 PM

I'm bummed we won't be able to make it. I finally have a job in my shop but its too late. Won't get paid for it until 30 days after its done and that won't be until the end end of next week at the earliest.

Hope everyone has a good time and safe travels. Post lots of pictures with names.

abe 08-21-2019 09:39 PM

Aw, Bob! I'm sorry to hear that. We will take and post pics. I was looking forward to meeting you and your truck.

bobj49f2 08-22-2019 06:26 AM

We were really looking forward to the drive to PA and meeting up with FTE family members again. We were in the area about 15 years ago and enjoyed it a lot. I picked up my panel in Palmyra and then went to Gettysburg and drove around the state a bit. I really wanted to take the ferry across the Sesquahana in the F-2.

pintoplumber 08-22-2019 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by bobj49f2 (Post 18813324)
We were really looking forward to the drive to PA and meeting up with FTE family members again. We were in the area about 15 years ago and enjoyed it a lot. I picked up my panel in Palmyra and then went to Gettysburg and drove around the state a bit. I really wanted to take the ferry across the Sesquahana in the F-2.

I looked at the ferry’s website, and in the fall, they’re only open on weekends. So it won’t work out for me. Dennis

pineconeford 08-26-2019 09:30 PM

So far so good for my road trip to PA next month. I've begun the road trials in the F3 now that it is 'finished'. First one after a 51-year nap was a 100-mile cruise. Had some issues and adjustments to address including a steady rear main seal leak. Couldn't stop the leak but poured some Bar's Leak in it to see what happens. This past weekend I went on a 225-mile cruise - got as far as the outer suburbs of Boston and made it home with no major issues. Except some Mass holes riding your rear bumper in typical fashion. I hope some 30w oil splattered on their windshield. }>
The '71 Dana 60 rear-end did OK on the highway. Was able to maintain 60 mph although it does not climb hills at that speed.
Encountered lots of tourist traffic along the New Hampshire coastal beach areas. Clutch and radiator worked OK - both got a workout.
Averaged 12.4 mpg.
Rear main seal still leaks. Might have to tear into that project if i can find a 'new' 226 seal that isn't all old and brittle.

52 USCG Panel 08-26-2019 10:13 PM

Glad to hear your shake-down cruises are going well! Truckstock is coming up fast!! I've been preoccupied with family related things and my truck, and the up-coming journey, have been on the back burner. Hopefully I'll get my truck out tomorrow and start thinking about what things I'll want to bring along and how I'll stow them. The truck, thankfully, has been running great.

If there are any late deciders for Truckstock, I'll gladly share my campsite. I'm not planning to pitch a tent so someone could put their tent on my site. We'd just need to find a place to stash an extra vehicle, which shouldn't be a problem. If anyone is interested, just message me. My site is reserved and paid for Thursday through Sunday. If you decide to come on the spur of the moment and don't want to (or can't) make a reservation, you could camp on my site for free. How's that for a deal? If your truck is meadow green, maybe Abe might have attentional incentives for you. LOL.

Jim

Silver54 08-30-2019 09:51 AM

Well if you guys don't mind a couple of Canadians crashing the party, just got my time off approved. The old man (sumdaydryver) and I will be headed down that way on The 19th and headed out on the 21st. Be good to finally meet a some more people from the group here, though we will just be running down there in the daily driver and not in one of our old trucks. (Nothing ready to make that trip yet)

Looking forward to this trip!

abe 08-30-2019 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Silver54 (Post 18826352)
Well if you guys don't mind a couple of Canadians crashing the party, just got my time off approved. The old man (sumdaydryver) and I will be headed down that way on The 19th and headed out on the 21st. Be good to finally meet a some more people from the group here, though we will just be running down there in the daily driver and not in one of our old trucks. (Nothing ready to make that trip yet)

Looking forward to this trip!

We don't mind that our northern brethren join us at Truckstock! That's awesome. It will be great to meet you.

I just checked to see where Chatham is. Even though we call you our northern brethren, you are further south than Tom in Maine and maybe Jim in Wisconsin.

pineconeford 08-30-2019 08:59 PM

Looking forward to meeting you and your pop, Jason. You don't have to bring an old truck, but you may want to ride shotgun in one of ours when we go to the Piper museum :D
Tom

abe 08-30-2019 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by pineconeford (Post 18827250)
Looking forward to meeting you and your pop, Jason. You don't have to bring an old truck, but you may want to ride shotgun in one of ours when we go to the Piper museum :D
Tom

Or you can drive my 55 F350.

And don't forget our trip to Hyner View, 1300 feet above the river below.
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...5c000a5d00.jpg

Silver54 09-04-2019 12:42 PM

Sounds good Abe and Tom, always great meeting people from the group and being able to put faces to names. Be even better being able to bring one of our own trucks down, maybe one day.
Abe, yeah we are just about as Southern in Canada as we can get, the extra heat from that doesn't bother me at all but you guys have some fantastic twisty roads down there.

See you in a couple weeks!

abe 09-04-2019 01:52 PM

That's right. It will be two weeks tomorrow.

Twisty, hilly roads? We sure do! I had an uncle that lived in Sandusky, Michigan near lake Huron. I couldn't believe the totally straight roads running parallel to each other with other roads running perpendicular to them like a grid.

cruisetopdown 09-05-2019 12:44 PM

I've made my reservation, see you there!
w