Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum28/)
-   -   What have you done to your truck today? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/730516-what-have-you-done-to-your-truck-today.html)

GuitarJesus 02-10-2015 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Diesel_Brad (Post 15070723)
Took cap and tool boxes off. Gave it a quick bath and put it on Ebay
Ready for its new owner....

Brad, I forget if I've ever ask you, did the peel and seal you put inside the cab help reduce either sound or heat or cold coming into the cab?

Bob Gervais 02-10-2015 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by FORDF250HDXLT (Post 15075566)
Diesel_Brad,
you should disclose the frame damage/repair.(if im thinking of the right truck.pretty sure that was the one with bent frame.)
for that kind of coin,id want to know about it and inspect prior to bidding.not find out latter.

I thought it went to the frame shop and it wasn't bent?

Diesel_Brad 02-10-2015 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by FORDF250HDXLT (Post 15075566)
fnfast88,

Diesel_Brad,
you should disclose the frame damage/repair.(if im thinking of the right truck.pretty sure that was the one with bent frame.)
for that kind of coin,id want to know about it and inspect prior to bidding.not find out latter.

UGH. It was NOT bent. Went to frame shop and everything was 100% within spec. I even hauled the bed over to him to make sure the bed was not twisting the frame somehow. STILL, it checked out perfect.

But I did add extra frame plates inside the frame rails to lessen the flexing(disclosed in the eBay listing)

Originally Posted by Bob Gervais (Post 15075796)
I thought it went to the frame shop and it wasn't bent?

Yes, you are correct

Diesel_Brad 02-10-2015 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by GuitarJesus (Post 15075795)
Brad, I forget if I've ever ask you, did the peel and seal you put inside the cab help reduce either sound or heat or cold coming into the cab?

Sound most definitely. Before all the work was done I had to have the radio at 3/4 volume while driving around

Afterwards when 1st put back together I had the wiring wrong and only had ONE speaker working. I could hear the radio perfect at 1/4 volume.

As for temp.... I can get the inside of that a cab to 40* at a high idle on an 85* day:-X04:-X22

GuitarJesus 02-10-2015 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Diesel_Brad (Post 15075852)
Sound most definitely. Before all the work was done I had to have the radio at 3/4 volume while driving around

Afterwards when 1st put back together I had the wiring wrong and only had ONE speaker working. I could hear the radio perfect at 1/4 volume.

As for temp.... I can get the inside of that a cab to 40* at a high idle on an 85* day:-X04:-X22

That "seals" the deal for me brotha! I'm on this especially with a so-cal summer approaching. And my wife is on maternity so we only need one vehicle. Thank god for babies!

600dollarf150 02-10-2015 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by ponykilr (Post 15074149)
Just because a battery has close to 12 volts does not mean it is good. It could have 2 bad cells and show the voltage you posted. An amperage load test will tell you if it is good.

Well I did take it in today to get it tested. Guy at Oreilly's said it was good, and was a little surprised since it was from 2007. SO I took it back to work, put it in and tightened the connections. I had bought a couple of fusible links, because that was about the only thing left to replace. But I decided to just try and jump the starter mounted solenoid. I had it in neutral in case it did start or want to move. But it just spun around for awhile and heated up the end of the extension I used as a jumper. A little frustrated I got back in the cab and tried one last time to crank it over and the beast started up. Got it home and it has started a couple more times, not sure what worked, but something did.

Jaime74656 02-10-2015 10:40 PM

Called the shop to see the status of the repairs on the Tcase, should have it in and done by tomorrow!! YAY!! im getting excited and missing the ol girl too...

also as of this post got off the phone with Geico quoting various numbers for the different vehicles (uuug) but it was simple process so im thankful there!! so its now a matter of deciding how I want to proceed with the next phase of this plan and if I want to fell the current one and buy the 06 to replace it or just keep the two trucks....though the numbers are looking positively on the ol girl :)

ponykilr 02-10-2015 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by 600dollarf150 (Post 15076384)
Well I did take it in today to get it tested. Guy at Oreilly's said it was good, and was a little surprised since it was from 2007. SO I took it back to work, put it in and tightened the connections. I had bought a couple of fusible links, because that was about the only thing left to replace. But I decided to just try and jump the starter mounted solenoid. I had it in neutral in case it did start or want to move. But it just spun around for awhile and heated up the end of the extension I used as a jumper. A little frustrated I got back in the cab and tried one last time to crank it over and the beast started up. Got it home and it has started a couple more times, not sure what worked, but something did.

You have a 7-8 year old battery and it still tests good. That is one good battery. The factory battery in my wife's 2000 Expedition lasted almost 7, I thought that was unheard of.

Must have been a loose connection somewhere. Don't worry, it will show up again when you need to REALLY be somewhere important :-X04

Glad you got it started.

Jaime74656 02-11-2015 11:32 AM

got a call from the shop today (yay), and was told the transfer case they auto yard sent over was the incorrect one (damn....) so now it will be Friday before I get my girl back...im getting depressed that I am truck-less!!! I miss driving it, at this point the new 06 truck is looking so much better maintenance cost wise!!! less to worry about!

Redneckfordf2502002 02-13-2015 10:51 AM

Used the 89 F250 to tow the 84 Bronco II on the trailer about 45 miles then came back towing a 93 Lincoln town car the other day.

Yesterday used the 90 F150 to flat tow home a 95 F250 351W 2wd ZF5 with utility bed and 91 F150 300 I6 extended cab short bed 4x4 M5OD. Will post pics of them once I decide if I am going to use them for parts or add them to the family of trucks.
Hard to decide because the 91 has a very scary steering problem.

I traded all 3 of them straight across for the B2. The Lincoln runs but needs work.
Trav

Bob Gervais 02-13-2015 11:04 AM

Changed my blower motor resistor and harness yesterday. It's nice to have fan speeds other than balls cold and hades.

85F350IDI 02-13-2015 12:12 PM

Got my windows tinted Monday, finally able to roll them down and list still remains
Oil change
Plugs and wires
Wash her clean
Cab lights
Lift kit
Some better speakers
Fix my broken door handle
Highest priority at top

Old Trusty 02-13-2015 02:28 PM

Took it to the break shop for a new master cylinder :) the owner asked if it pumped up i simply said no so he wanted to see if I ran it OUTTA fluid after put the pedal all the way to the floor he exclaimed "WOW there really isn't anything there... You need a new master"

No duh.

GoinBoarding 02-13-2015 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Diesel_Brad (Post 15075391)
Thanks. How is the flatbed working? it looks good

It's working well, thanks. I added more tie down points and an under carriage storage box back in December for straps, shackles, chains, etc. No dents yet, that may change this fall hauling fire wood but good for now.

miguel.in.az 02-13-2015 03:17 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Mounted a set of cooper discoverers on my '95 today

Attachment 290700
Attachment 290701
Attachment 290702