Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum28/)
-   -   What have you done to your truck today? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/730516-what-have-you-done-to-your-truck-today.html)

1993_f350_2013 07-25-2014 06:36 PM

Filled it up this mornin on my way to work. Then was reminded that the PPD (Purple Panty Dropper) still has some nuts!

Whilst driving to work Mother Nature decided to have a torrential down pore on me, which ended out all right cause I got a free wash out of it... But anyway then on my way to work right after I got off the interstate and stop and a red light waiting to turn after the next car that goes by which ironically turns out to be one of my buddy coworkers so I get into it a little bit to catch him (mind you it just got done down pouring) and right at that instant I was reminded of how much power the ol girl still had by pitching it sidways on the highway.. It all turned out good after i straightened it out and got to work with a little bit of joy...

Thennnnnn on my way home from work i had just gotten off the interstate (Running 70 mph) headed home and then all of a sudden I meet a cop and look down and I see I'm goin 68 mph in a 55, which was later verified by his radar gun... Se he ended up pulling me over for speeding and ask me for all my paper work so I hand him all of it except my proof if insurance because I couldn't find it... So he goes back to his cruiser for 15 minutes or so and comes back and said since I had a clean record that he was just goin to give me a written warning for te speeding and the failure to have insurance!!! He also didn't say a word about my 5% window tint which was on my windshield brow, wing windows, back window, and side windows (which were down at this point ;))!! THANK YOU MR. OFFICER!!

Fastback460 07-25-2014 07:41 PM

Replaced both door speakers and fixed the exterior door handle on the 93

Crewcabber 07-25-2014 10:55 PM

That is a good day. A little sideways action in a big truck is always a little fun and no ticket is even better.

Redneckfordf2502002 07-26-2014 09:22 AM

Replaced the door latch on my brothers 91 F250. Just didn't hook up the lock actuator being they are seized. Once the truck is running might get new ones.
Trav

SideWinder4.9l 07-26-2014 06:21 PM

Greased the hinge area of my tailgate and did some lubing of the handle pivots as well.

No more hanging tailgate handle, and everything latches/moves like day 1 again.

Also cleaned the cab out, and did a thorough cleaning of the windshield.

1993_f350_2013 07-26-2014 06:23 PM

Replaced all my vacuume lines with new rubber ones!

Truck Guy99 07-26-2014 10:18 PM

I got the joy of finding out the hard way my truck had its original starter. It was so covered in grime I didn't know where the bolts were. I had to gunk the thing to find them and use about 2 1/2 feet of socket extensions with a swivel to clear the crossmember and exhaust y pipe

http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/...725_161956.jpg

CaptCameltoe 07-26-2014 11:05 PM

I sold my 78 f100 so just have the wifes 94 4x4 to carry on the ford tradition. went and put a new set of shocks on it today, like a new truck. so many squeaks and rattles have vanished.

Midnite1987 07-27-2014 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by cjcocn (Post 14530798)
I sold mine. It was a 1994 ext cab 4x4 with a 5.8 and auto transmission. There is a replacement being scouted that is in Alberta near Edmonton. That truck is a 1995 ext cab 4x4 with the 5.0 and has a standard transmission. That is the set up that I have been wanting and hopefully he will email me back with some answers that move this deal in the right direction. ..... I was actually wondering if the owner wasn't a member here - white '95 with a bit of work done to it.

Are you from the Edmonton area? I'm on the north end of the city if you need someone to look at the truck if your far enough away

Golden Helmet 07-27-2014 03:18 AM

The mechanic installed my Redhead steering box for me today. The steering wheel actually feels like it's connected to something now, and the wheel is easier and smoother to turn (I never even noticed that before, just the play). The truck is so much easier to control now. It's an expensive piece, but money well spent :D

I'm taking the truck back Monday for an alignment check and to get the steering wheel bolted on straight. Gonna try and track down the death squeak again too, I asked the mechanic if he could find it but he had no luck.

FORDF250HDXLT 07-27-2014 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Golden Helmet (Post 14536543)
The mechanic installed my Redhead steering box for me today. The steering wheel actually feels like it's connected to something now, and the wheel is easier and smoother to turn (I never even noticed that before, just the play). The truck is so much easier to control now. It's an expensive piece, but money well spent :D

I'm taking the truck back Monday for an alignment check and to get the steering wheel bolted on straight. Gonna try and track down the death squeak again too, I asked the mechanic if he could find it but he had no luck.

it took me a few days to stop turning crazy through the turns after i installed mine.after a bit,i just got used to the truck correcting itself and stopped over correcting due to the slop i had before lol.
im keeping my eyes peeled for another group buy to come up for log truck.she's just as sloppy as chip was,if not worse.
i dunno what it is about these 9th gen steering boxes but both my old f150 and my old mans f150 both got the sloppy steering just over 100k miles too.

Ddaybc 07-27-2014 11:33 AM

I took my canopy off yesterday and sealed the windows. Three out of five were leaking when it rained. When I put it back on I used tape to seal it to the truck box. Hopefully, no more water inside the box. :-X06

MonroeHandyMan 07-28-2014 07:11 AM

Started ripping my motor apart. Got the intake manifold off, stock exhaust manifolds off and heads. Heads could use a little help as they have a few broken spark plugs, but in great shape otherwise. manifolds are surpisingly in great shape too. I am going to be putting a lot of this stuff for sale as I am going with aftermarket heads, intake and headers.

1995F150XLT4x4 07-28-2014 11:54 AM

Cleaned up my interior with ArmorAll.

Tomorrow I will sand and repaint my front and rear axles.

GoinBoarding 07-28-2014 12:38 PM

Changed the oil, adjusted the steering box, checked fluids, tightened up the rear pinion--either things are starting to wear or the pinion nut backed off. Had a nice growl on decel but 1/8th turn tighter on pinion nut cured that. Whether that growl returns or not I'm curious to find out. If it does, I'm thinking 4.10 gears are in my future to match 33x10.5's.