Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Indiana Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum124/)
-   -   Indiana's June 2012 BS Thread - Flag Day, Father's Day and the Summer Solstice are on tap! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1165918-indianas-june-2012-bs-thread-flag-day-fathers-day-and-the-summer-solstice-are-on-tap.html)

nebo 06-25-2012 06:23 AM

:-wink........

wildstang 06-25-2012 06:29 AM

Good morning and have a good Monday Indiana

BIGKEN 06-25-2012 06:49 AM

Good morning Indiana...welcome to the work week!!!

X_Hemi_Guy 06-25-2012 06:58 AM

Morning Indiana and all of our IN friends!

Chatty bunch in here yesterday while I was traveling...sorry I missed it!

Travel day was uneventful...which was good...nice flights and a good lunch on the plane...had a couple of Woodfords too!

Just hung out at the hotel last night and had a couple of Jim Beams and crashed rather early...I just got back from the gym...had a pretty good run...cooling down before my shower and then my first call in a half hour.

Oh yeah...check out my ride out here in SoCal this week.

http://inlinethumb17.webshots.com/50...600x600Q85.jpg

It is a brand new Volvo C70 hard top convertible...it had 190 miles on it when I turned the key...it is a pretty nice ride!

Well...I'm going to check in on the other chapters before hitting the shower.

Sorry I missed all the fun yesterday!

Talk to you guys soon.

Joe.

Jigger2020 06-25-2012 07:47 AM

Good Monday morning everyone, hope you have a good week....:)

67nukeford 06-25-2012 08:44 AM

Good morning Indiana! I think Joe is enjoying his job a little too much......LOL!

X_Hemi_Guy 06-25-2012 08:50 AM

Which part Pat...

The First Class flying with meals and booze?

The hotel evenings with free booze?

The nice convertibles to drive around SoCal in?

I'm not sure which part could be "fun"!...LOL

67nukeford 06-25-2012 08:54 AM

Hmmm...We need to do something about this...

You'll fly home with the luggage...We'll give you a PBJ for a snack
We have a cardboard box for you to now stay in....with a free bottle of white port wine...
the convertible? We'll give you a Yugo....and cut the top off....

There, now you can be happy like the rest of us.....LOL!!

X_Hemi_Guy 06-25-2012 08:56 AM

But...but...but...

cowboywanabe 06-25-2012 09:26 AM

Good morning Indiana! Hope the week is a good one for you.

Sweet rental car Joe!

Originally Posted by X_Hemi_Guy (Post 11985027)
We will arrive at Hill City about 2pm on Thursday the 26th.

We'll probably do the sightseeing thing on Friday the 27th (weather permitting of course) Rushmore, Crazy Horse (we saw it in 2006...it will be interesting to see how much or little they have progressed in 6 years!), Custer SP, Sullivan Lake?, Needles Highway, Iron Mountain Road and the like...figure those places will probably be busier on a Saturday over a Friday?...they will be busy regardless since it is summer!

We'll also want to see the night lighting ceremony of Rushmore...which isn't too far from Hill City...right?

We also want to do Jewel Cave and possibly Wind Cave NP...

So...given all that...I'll bet our GTG will be more in the evening timeframe hanging out someplace that is teen friendly or simply over at our campground?...thoughts?

BTW...dragging Pat would be great!

We plan to pull out of Hill City on Sunday the 29th...but we're not going far...just over to Badlands and Wall Drug (LOL)...for a couple of nights there before heading back to Indiana...

What are your thoughts?

Sounds like you have some pretty good plans. I would think the attractions are busier on Saturday, since you add the locals in with the out-of-staters. I know when I was out there over a weekend last summer, Mt Rushmore was packed and I didn't stop since I'd been before. I believe Rushmore is only 10 or 12 miles from Hill City.

I'm pretty flexible on meeting, it's your vacation and I don't want to intrude, so what ever you decide should be OK. The wife is still not sure if she's coming or not. She wants to see how she handles 4 days on the motorcycle before commiting to another trip, lol. I told her it would be fine if we took the car too.

67nukeford 06-25-2012 10:09 AM

Morning Rob!

Originally Posted by X_Hemi_Guy (Post 11991452)
But...but...but...

What, is there a problem??:D

X_Hemi_Guy 06-25-2012 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by cowboywanabe (Post 11991569)
Good morning Indiana! Hope the week is a good one for you.

Sweet rental car Joe!

Sounds like you have some pretty good plans. I would think the attractions are busier on Saturday, since you add the locals in with the out-of-staters. I know when I was out there over a weekend last summer, Mt Rushmore was packed and I didn't stop since I'd been before. I believe Rushmore is only 10 or 12 miles from Hill City.

I'm pretty flexible on meeting, it's your vacation and I don't want to intrude, so what ever you decide should be OK. The wife is still not sure if she's coming or not. She wants to see how she handles 4 days on the motorcycle before commiting to another trip, lol. I told her it would be fine if we took the car too.

I figured the crowds would be worse on the weekends with all you local types...LOL...so we'll plan on Friday doing the "big" attractions and Jewel and possibly Wind Cave NP on Saturday...we'll see...by this time in the trip...the kids will be just as happy to hang by the pool and watch dad drink a couple of beers!...LOL...

I'm really looking forward to meeting you guys...now we just need to convince Pat to take a drive!

I'm kind of bummed I won't get to meet Corey or Roy when I'm in Montana...I'm not even going through Great Falls...taking the high line route through that state...looking forward to BIG SKIES!...

We are flexible too on getting together...sitting around the campfire I tend to spew some of my best BS!...:-jammin...but are you guys under a burn ban out there for dryness?

X_Hemi_Guy 06-25-2012 10:18 AM

Oh yeah...I make some killer camp fire pies too with my cast iron pie irons!...all kinds of fruit fillings with powdered sugar sprinkled over them...YUM

X_Hemi_Guy 06-25-2012 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by 97nukeford (Post 11991718)

What, is there a problem??:D

Nah...I just don't think I'd like a Yugo without a Dual Saw to cut the top off!...

I'll bet there are kids on here that don't know what a Yugo even is!!!

If you must relegate me to a Yugo...can I get a supercharged one? :-X04

67nukeford 06-25-2012 10:24 AM

I think if you put a supercharger on a Yugo, it would tear itself in half!!LOL

X_Hemi_Guy 06-25-2012 10:26 AM

I'm thinking that's something for the Mythbusters to test...but I bet the engine would rip out half the car and go forward on the front wheels!...LOL...

67nukeford 06-25-2012 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by X_Hemi_Guy (Post 11991768)
I'm really looking forward to meeting you guys...now we just need to convince Pat to take a drive!

We are flexible too on getting together...sitting around the campfire I tend to spew some of my best BS!...:-jammin...but are you guys under a burn ban out there for dryness?

Long drive for me up there. You mean, your BS gets even better than it is now??? I didn't think that was possible, Joe!!!:-X04

KingBigJoe 06-25-2012 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by shorebird (Post 11990878)
KBJ The going back in time ain't going to happen but the weight loss can

Yeah, shorebird. I'm well aware that I can't turn back time. But, I'm trying to lose most of my 63 pounds.

cowboywanabe 06-25-2012 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by X_Hemi_Guy (Post 11991768)

I'm not sure what the fire ban status is... I think it might be ok in campgrounds with concrete fire pits. I'm pretty sure the National Forest campgrounds have a ban in place.

Originally Posted by X_Hemi_Guy (Post 11991778)
Nah...I just don't think I'd like a Yugo without a Dual Saw to cut the top off!...

The Yugo... now there is a fine piece of engineering, lol. My sister and brother-in-law had one in the early 90's... he traded a VHS camcorder for it. I think the guy that got the camera got the better end of that deal! :-X04

Originally Posted by 97nukeford (Post 11991808)
Long drive for me up there. You mean, your BS gets even better than it is now??? I didn't think that was possible, Joe!!!:-X04

Just think of it Pat... Right now, Joe's BS is contained within the FTE boundaries... can you imagine what it would be like without those constraints? :-blah

KingBigJoe 06-25-2012 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by X_Hemi_Guy (Post 11991778)

Hey... I know what a yugo is. I maybe young but I'm not that stupid.

67nukeford 06-25-2012 10:59 AM

Morning Joe! Rob, good point...it must get quite deep when Joe is outside of the FTE fence!!LL

KingBigJoe 06-25-2012 11:09 AM

You won't believe this BS...

My little brother was making himself some ramen noodles right.... guess what he "forgot" to add ?

Water !

Sooooooo, 3 minutes later... smoke pours out of the microwave & the smell of burning plastic fills the back room. Man, my little brother has NOOOOOOO common sense. Maybe Darwin's Law will do something with him....

cowboywanabe 06-25-2012 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by KingBigJoe (Post 11991953)
My little brother was making himself some ramen noodles right.... guess what he "forgot" to add ?

Water !

Sooooooo, 3 minutes later... smoke pours out of the microwave & the smell of burning plastic fills the back room. Man, my little brother has NOOOOOOO common sense. Maybe Darwin's Law will do something with him....

LOL... too funny. Bet that smells good too, not!

KingBigJoe 06-25-2012 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by cowboywanabe (Post 11991998)
LOL... too funny. Bet that smells good too, not!

Yeah... That smell is still following me & my little sister around. But, we did yell at him. In a few hours time will check to see if the microwave is still operational. Seriously... who forgets to put water in with ramen noodles ?! :-arrgh

X_Hemi_Guy 06-25-2012 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by KingBigJoe (Post 11992019)
Seriously... who forgets to put water in with ramen noodles ?! :-arrgh

You are not going to believe this...but...

My soon to be 15 year old was making one of those single serving cups of mac and cheese...she pops it in the microwave...I was in SoCal at the time...3 minutes later smoke apparently is pouring out of the microwave...she gets my wife and tells her the mac and cheese smells "weird"...my wife goes into the kitchen and sees the smoke pouring out...apparently screams and opens the microwave to be greated by a melted cup...

Kids today...WTF! :-X19

X_Hemi_Guy 06-25-2012 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by 97nukeford (Post 11991923)
Morning Joe! Rob, good point...it must get quite deep when Joe is outside of the FTE fence!!LL

I know it is probably hard to believe but I am an EXTREME Extrovert...have you guys ever taken the Myers/Briggs personality test?

Well I score the maximum points possible on Extrovert...

And around a camp fire...man after a few beers...it really starts to flow...

When we had the Excursion Diversions and we'd get a group together...I can dominate a camp fire BS session let's just say...LOL...

I've come to grips with that...and I know it...so I don't dominate the conversation/meeting/bs/etc...I can control the level of extroversion! :-X04

KingBigJoe 06-25-2012 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by X_Hemi_Guy (Post 11992029)
You are not going to believe this...but...

My soon to be 15 year old was making one of those single serving cups of mac and cheese...she pops it in the microwave...I was in SoCal at the time...3 minutes later smoke apparently is pouring out of the microwave...she gets my wife and tells her the mac and cheese smells "weird"...my wife goes into the kitchen and sees the smoke pouring out...apparently screams and opens the microwave to be greated by a melted cup...

Kids today...WTF! :-X19

Wow... I guess this more common than I thought. My brother is 9 but I remember being smarter than him at his age then he ever was. But, your 14 year old did that. Crazy. Please tell me that your microwave was still ok after that...

X_Hemi_Guy 06-25-2012 11:47 AM

Thankfully the microwave survived...I'm not sure HOW she was that foolish...prolly texting and eating...we'll have to outlaw that!...that kid texts constantly!...as all kids do...

67nukeford 06-25-2012 11:54 AM

Man, raman noodles and mac n chees with no water! That had to be a mess!!LOL

KingBigJoe 06-25-2012 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by 97nukeford (Post 11992084)
Man, raman noodles and mac n chees with no water! That had to be a mess!!LOL

Yeah... it was a little mess in my case. I still have to clean it but I'm waiting for the smell to go away. But, the noodles did smoke for 10-15 minutes though.

67nukeford 06-25-2012 11:59 AM

Luckily, the noodles didn't start on fire!

KingBigJoe 06-25-2012 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by X_Hemi_Guy (Post 11992064)
Thankfully the microwave survived...I'm not sure HOW she was that foolish...prolly texting and eating...we'll have to outlaw that!...that kid texts constantly!...as all kids do...

I'm glad to hear that your microwave survived which might be good news for me. But, this generation of kids are way different than my generation. My brother better get smart quick !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KingBigJoe 06-25-2012 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by 97nukeford (Post 11992110)
Luckily, the noodles didn't start on fire!

Had my brother not asked how long to put them in for... a fire might have happened. But, all there was is smoke & some smoldering thank goodness.

67nukeford 06-25-2012 12:03 PM

How old is he, Joe?

KingBigJoe 06-25-2012 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by 97nukeford (Post 11992120)
How old is he, Joe?

My little brother is 9 years old. I'm 25 & my little sister is almost 24.

67nukeford 06-25-2012 12:32 PM

Man, you'd think a 19 year old would know better, but he must have just spaced off!

X_Hemi_Guy 06-25-2012 12:54 PM

Pat...Joe's little brother is 9...not 19...

You speed reading and spacing off again?...LOL

67nukeford 06-25-2012 01:03 PM

Oh, duh! Must have read it wrong!!

cowboywanabe 06-25-2012 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by 97nukeford (Post 11992339)
Oh, duh! Must have read it wrong!!

That mistake will cost you 5000 off your post count... :-X19

67nukeford 06-25-2012 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by cowboywanabe (Post 11992690)
That mistake will cost you 5000 off your post count... :-X19

If that was the case, Micah wouldn't have any post count!!!:-X04