Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Connecticut Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum227/)
-   -   Nov.Thanksgiving BS Thread. (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1343948-nov-thanksgiving-bs-thread.html)

jthorngate3 11-15-2014 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by ct diesel (Post 14822519)
Litchfield Meat Locker Near the center of Litchfield, CT. Don't know if that's to far for you. My son has used them when hunting in CT. He hasn't said anything negative about them to me.

I'll have to look into it. I was told that there is a place in Salem area as well. Seems like it would be pretty equidistant. Thanks for the heads up.

I managed to get a mechanical oil pressure gauge on the truck today. What a pain in the tail that was. I'll spare the details, but I spent a few trips going back and forth to different stores to finally get it together. All to find that the sunpro mechanical gauge is garbage. The reaction time on the gauge is ridiculous. Good news is...at least it shows the truck has pressure when the stock gauge gave out when the idle kicked down.

keyul 11-15-2014 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by jthorngate3 (Post 14823179)
I'll have to look into it. I was told that there is a place in Salem area as well. Seems like it would be pretty equidistant. Thanks for the heads up.

I managed to get a mechanical oil pressure gauge on the truck today. What a pain in the tail that was. I'll spare the details, but I spent a few trips going back and forth to different stores to finally get it together. All to find that the sunpro mechanical gauge is garbage. The reaction time on the gauge is ridiculous. Good news is...at least it shows the truck has pressure when the stock gauge gave out when the idle kicked down.

Salem prime cuts most likely, they are a butcher shop, awesome stuff there.

jthorngate3 11-15-2014 07:08 PM

Hey, anybody know if you need to bleed an oil pressure gauge? I have been trying to find the answer and I get mixed messages. Some say yes, some say no. Manufacturer doesn't say anything.

ct diesel 11-16-2014 06:54 AM

Good morning on this brisk Sunday morning. My two dogs were super hyper this morning when I took them out. Man do they like cold weather.

Today is the NASCAR party out in Tolland. I'm stopping at Sliders for 48 wings and while waiting a Guinness and 12 Mango Habanera wings for me. The host are camping neighbors and real NASCAR fans. Good people.

Nice Work Truck 11-16-2014 07:08 AM

Morning guys.

John the last drag race of the year is this weekend in Pomona also.

gbroehl1 11-16-2014 07:10 AM

Good morning everyone. Gonna prep the plow and snow blower today and probably test the generator..

ct diesel 11-16-2014 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by gbroehl1 (Post 14824074)
Good morning everyone. Gonna prep the plow and snow blower today and probably test the generator..

I should be doing that.

Tom 11-16-2014 08:07 AM

Got most of my winter vehicle prep out of the way earlier this week. The Lincoln got a blocked off transmission cooler, heavy coating of Fluid Film, and 250 lbs of sand in the trunk. Changed the oil in the snow blower and gave the generator a good long test run under heavy load.

Rotated the tires on my wife's Prius and adjusted the pressures. Apparently in a year and a half nobody had ever checked the pressure in the spare, as it was down to 25 PSI.

Today going to fill up the gas cans and spray the other cars.

Towmanjbo 11-16-2014 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by gbroehl1 (Post 14824074)

Yeah I've got to clean out the carb on the leaf blower. Waiting on two more oak trees to drop their leaves

Zookie400 11-16-2014 02:56 PM

Josiah you shouldn't need to bleed it but it might help the response of the gauge if you do. Sometimes they use an orifice fitting that would cause slow response if you had air in the line.

keyul 11-16-2014 03:48 PM

Evening guys, chimney top at our house is done!

jthorngate3 11-16-2014 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Zookie400 (Post 14825199)
Josiah you shouldn't need to bleed it but it might help the response of the gauge if you do. Sometimes they use an orifice fitting that would cause slow response if you had air in the line.

Thanks for the words of wisdom. Most of the responses I found on the subject revolved around getting an oil bath because you're too cheap or stupid to get an electronic gauge.

Zookie400 11-16-2014 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by jthorngate3 (Post 14825371)
Thanks for the words of wisdom. Most of the responses I found on the subject revolved around getting an oil bath because you're too cheap or stupid to get an electronic gauge.

The only cause for an oil bath would be poor-installation related. Tell the hacks to "do better".

Zookie400 11-16-2014 07:39 PM

In other news..... PIZZA!!!!!

Nice Work Truck 11-16-2014 07:56 PM

Evening guys.
Did the leaves again today.
I hope I only have to do them once more.
The oak trees just hold on forever.

Looks like a wet one tomorrow.