Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2017+ Super Duty (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum279/)
-   -   Morimoto SB LED Headlights (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1558049-morimoto-sb-led-headlights.html)

PatsfanTN 02-17-2019 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by NRD (Post 18487644)

oh man that is so me, lmao

PatsfanTN 02-18-2019 09:08 AM

N_D_lewy 03-01-2019 12:01 PM

Just got an Email from stage3 saying mine would be pushed back to the end of April early May this is the second time...I’m canceling the order I don’t like paying 1650 for something and waiting almost 6 months

dennycrane 03-01-2019 12:04 PM

No Kidding

Originally Posted by N_D_lewy (Post 18513252)
Just got an Email from stage3 saying mine would be pushed back to the end of April early May this is the second time...I’m canceling the order I don’t like paying 1650 for something and waiting almost 6 months

Do they charge your credit card when you place the order or when they are shipped?

N_D_lewy 03-01-2019 12:06 PM

They charged me, so getting a refund

CPal 03-01-2019 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by N_D_lewy (Post 18513252)

No doubt. Do they have a sole worker building these by hand then canoeing each individual set across the Atlantic one at a time?! That's ridiculous.

amorrow02 03-01-2019 12:35 PM

The Retrofit Source claims to have 500 pairs being delivered within the next two weeks. It’s my understanding this is the first shipment of production pieces aside from those 50 who expedited air freight.

PatsfanTN 03-01-2019 12:59 PM

Are you kidding me? I just emailed Stage3, waiting to hear back. If that’s the case, I’m out too. That’s just ridiculous

PatsfanTN 03-01-2019 02:14 PM

So you might want to wait before you cancel. Just got off the phone with The retrofit source and again with Stage3.
ALL shipments are going through the retrofit source. When you order from another company, it’s a drop shipment. Meaning I ordered from stage3 but it will be shipped directly from the retrofit source.
if I cancel and order through the retrofit source, it would be the same.
im holding on. They just look too damn good.

CO Wapiti 03-01-2019 03:18 PM

I'm holding on too. I forgot about the money a long time ago and it'll be like getting a huge gift once they arrive. It's not the Stage 3's or the Retrofit Source's fault. They just sold them on the original eta on what they were told. It's very common for newly designed items to be late in production and to get hung up in a shipyard or waiting to clear customs. Besides, anyone who cancels their order will wish they hadn't the first time they see them on a Super Duty.
I feel for Morimoto because they are already having to redesign these lights for the new 2020"s which keeps the price high. Perhaps Ford changed the headlight design knowing that Morimoto's design is gonna kick the OEM's butt and they'll get more customers upgrading to the OEM LED's in the 2020's because aftermarket won't be available for 2 more years. I'm sure I'll get bashed for that comment.

PatsfanTN 03-01-2019 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by CO Wapiti (Post 18513604)
I'm holding on too. I forgot about the money a long time ago and it'll be like getting a huge gift once they arrive. It's not the Stage 3's or the Retrofit Source's fault. They just sold them on the original eta on what they were told. It's very common for newly designed items to be late in production and to get hung up in a shipyard or waiting to clear customs. Besides, anyone who cancels their order will wish they hadn't the first time they see them on a Super Duty.
I feel for Morimoto because they are already having to redesign these lights for the new 2020"s which keeps the price high. Perhaps Ford changed the headlight design knowing that Morimoto's design is gonna kick the OEM's butt and they'll get more customers upgrading to the OEM LED's in the 2020's because aftermarket won't be available for 2 more years. I'm sure I'll get bashed for that comment.

why? What you said makes perfect sense to me. I ordered mine early Feb, I asked the customer sevice
guy how long some folks have been waiting, he said he’s got a preorder from Nov 12. Ugh, I’m going to go back to the email that I got from Morimoto....March. They are on a container already enroute.

MNSuper 03-01-2019 04:10 PM

I ordered on 9/26/18. It's to cold to be pulling plastic clips where I am. That's what i tell myself anyway.

skyak 03-01-2019 04:12 PM

Looking forward to seeing your installs!!!

PatsfanTN 03-11-2019 07:16 AM

amorrow02 03-11-2019 08:04 AM

FYI, I called last week and was told the shipment was in customs, and they should be received at TRS and shipping to us this week.

Called because I'm swapping my stock XLT grille for a Lariat one when I do the swap, and I'm getting sick of walking around the extra grille that's been sitting in my garage for months. lol