Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Connecticut Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum227/)
-   -   Nov.Thanksgiving BS Thread. (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1343948-nov-thanksgiving-bs-thread.html)

Nice Work Truck 11-14-2014 05:22 AM

Good morning guys.

The trailer looks great Greg. :-X22

I have just a dusting of white stuff this morning.

The plumber, alarm guy, and HVAC guys are all coming to my house today to start roughing in on my dad's in-law apt.

I hope everyone has a good weekend.

gbroehl1 11-14-2014 05:27 AM

Good morning all. My kids woke me up at 6am to tell me it was snowing out. Aren't they helpful?

ct diesel 11-14-2014 05:51 AM

Morning Connecticut.

A little snow in the hills and nothing here in Newington.

News programing sucks. I just watched breaking news,"Taco Bell introducing and new menu item". Since when is that news. That's free advertisement not news.

A little chilly out there, but I'm in the house with a small wood fire. Warm as a bug in a rug.

keyul 11-14-2014 06:33 AM

Morning guys, only a little bit of snow on the car roof here this morning.

Tom 11-14-2014 06:43 AM

Good morning everyone. About an inch of snow on the ground up here, but it didn't stick to the driveway.

Put the car in Winter Mode last night. Blasted the underside with fluid film, checked fluids, aired up the tires, and put 250 lbs of sand in the trunk. Couple of weeks ago I threw a big piece of cardboard in front of my transmission cooler.

Towmanjbo 11-14-2014 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by keyul (Post 14818294)
Do they still mail you the title here? I haven't bought a car in ct in years.

Yeah they still mail it to you. I've always had good luck with going in late to the dmv. As long as you get a number they have to serve you. So if you get there 1/2-3/4hr before they close, all of the windows open with employes looking at the clock hurrying to get out on time.

ct diesel 11-14-2014 04:05 PM

Game diner tonight. My son got tickets to a game diner and I get to go. Some of these diners are great and some don't have game so we will see. Hope you enjoy the night, I will no matter what's on the plate.

Tom 11-14-2014 04:17 PM

Good evening everyone. Gonna be a COLD one tonight, it was 31° when I pulled into the driveway about an hour ago.

gbroehl1 11-14-2014 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 14820609)
Good evening everyone. Gonna be a COLD one tonight, it was 31° when I pulled into the driveway about an hour ago.

Guess maybe I'll have to go plug the truck in as I have to head out around 6:30am tomorrow. Wonder if I can find my timer or not...

jthorngate3 11-14-2014 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by ct diesel (Post 14820583)
Game diner tonight. My son got tickets to a game diner and I get to go. Some of these diners are great and some don't have game so we will see. Hope you enjoy the night, I will no matter what's on the plate.

I'm hoping to be back into hunting soon. It's tough to get motivated to go by yourself. Plus, it's a different game they play around here. I've always done a more active spot and stalk hunt, but whitetail hunting is scouting and setting up where the deer will come and just sitting there. I don't mind that with turkey, but when it's real cold out, the last thing I want to do is just sit there. I'm going to need to find somewhere to do the meat processing for me. Wife is fine with me hunting, she just doesn't want to see it til it's all done up and packaged.

Nice Work Truck 11-15-2014 04:47 AM

Morning guys.
I have a cool 24* this am.

keyul 11-15-2014 06:09 AM

Morning everyone. I am gonna be re doing the chimney top here at my house this morning, figures it's the coldest day of the year so far!

rocdril 11-15-2014 08:57 AM

Just got my yearly dentist visit done, I guess its time to go home and do leaves AGAIN!

ct diesel 11-15-2014 11:57 AM

Took a trip to the vegetation dump this morning and got rid of a lot of branches and saw dust from cutting down trees.

It's a little chilly out there, but the dogs are loving it.

ct diesel 11-15-2014 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by jthorngate3 (Post 14820897)
I'm hoping to be back into hunting soon. It's tough to get motivated to go by yourself. Plus, it's a different game they play around here. I've always done a more active spot and stalk hunt, but whitetail hunting is scouting and setting up where the deer will come and just sitting there. I don't mind that with turkey, but when it's real cold out, the last thing I want to do is just sit there. I'm going to need to find somewhere to do the meat processing for me. Wife is fine with me hunting, she just doesn't want to see it til it's all done up and packaged.

Litchfield Meat Locker Near the center of Litchfield, CT. Don't know if that's to far for you. My son has used them when hunting in CT. He hasn't said anything negative about them to me.