Conversation Between oldandgray and System
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5
  1. oldandgray
    09-08-2018 10:27 AM - permalink
    Thanks Rodney for all your help
  2. System
    09-07-2018 08:51 PM - permalink
    Rich, I have the lower StableLoads and am a fan. Airbags leak and onboard compressors wear out. Yes, Timbrens serve the same purpose. I would suggest hooking up and going camping as is. If you feel you need some additional support, you have options. Many do it just for the aesthetic look of being level. I added StableLoads to keep the rear end of the truck from bouncing so much over uneven highways...
  3. oldandgray
    09-07-2018 09:04 AM - permalink
    Rodney
    Thanks so much for the reply. I do have the high capacity tow package. That also helps on the axle ratings. So it sounds like I have no problems pulling the 5er. I now have Timbrens on the truck. Do they serve the same purpose as airbags? My guess is airbags would provide a smoother ride. Of the choices you mentioned which is the best option for reliability and maintenance, air bags, StableLoads, or a SuperSpring. If it is airbags what have you seen as the best one? On board compressor ?
    Rich
  4. System
    09-07-2018 07:55 AM - permalink
    Hi Rich,
    Do you have the high capacity tow package on your 6.7 250? If so, you have an identical truck to a SRW 350 but for one leaf spring in the rear pack. If needed, this can easily be supplemented by air bags, StableLoads, or a SuperSpring. As to RAWR, no matter what 250 you get, your rear axle rating will be 6340# which is a de-rate just like the 10k GVWR. Both the Sterling 10.5 that comes on the gasser and standard capacity 6.7 250 as well as the DANA M275 that comes on the high capacity tow package 250 are capable of more for sure... just like your entire truck is. What I always figure is that you have at least the same capacity as a SRW 350. One thing to remember though is that the 250's often have lower tire pressure ratings due to their de-rated payload. So, if running at the 350's ratings, you'll need to run its tire pressure too. 60 in the front and 80 in the rear. You can always go back to OE pressure when not towing. Anyways, that's my take on it.
    Regards,
    Rodney
  5. oldandgray
    09-06-2018 05:27 PM - permalink
    I wanted to see if I could get your thoughts on you my situation and not have to listen to all of the buy a 350 dually comments. I already have a 2018 F250 diesel with the towing package on it. I just upgraded and ordered a Grand Design Solitude 310gk 5er. So here are the numbers on paper

Truck Payload: 2162 lbs Faxle - 5200 lbs, Raxle - 6340 lbs
    5er: GVWR - 15,000 lbs, UVW - 12,100 lbs. I know we will never load it to max weight

As I understand it my towing package upgraded my rear end to a 350 but I am short on helper spring. I do not know if the sticker on the door (Raxle - 6340) reflects the upgraded rear axle. I know about the derated 10,000 number so I know I can tow way more than that. My concern is am I exceeding my rear axle capacity? I see many on the forums are towing more than I am so I guess it is it fair to say I am ok? I do not worry about the legal discussion.
    Thanks for any thoughts you can provide.
    Rich Francis
    oldandgray