Conversation Between siesta and IHateCommieCars
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
  1. siesta
    05-06-2017 10:44 PM - permalink
    No worries about the delay. I don't check these often either Anyway, I'm days away from getting my EGR feed pipe welded (I hope). Should, in theory, be very easy. I'm not really sure why a simple EGR valve command from a tuner to shut it off would not do the same thing (as someone else advised).
  2. IHateCommieCars
    04-29-2017 08:30 PM - permalink
    Sorry for the delay, I need to check my inbox here more often. I went with the full delete - new up pipe, remove the EGR cooler, and put a J pipe in its place. It was simple - but only because I had to get to that point anyway to replace the oil cooler - and THAT was a major PITA in these vans. If you only want to bypass the EGR, your solution is easier. I don't have a welder or know how.
  3. siesta
    03-08-2017 12:33 AM - permalink
    sorry 'IHateCommie Cars'...I saw the name 'Steven' below, and called you that...my bad
  4. siesta
    03-08-2017 12:32 AM - permalink
    Hi Steven,
    I also have an E-450. What did you end up doing for a delete? I think I'm going very simple and just pulling the up-pipe from the rear and welding a plug onto the pipe itself...that's it. No need to pull or dismantle anything else (though might remove the air scoop from inide the pipe which I've not investigated yet). What do you think of that? My rig is an RV and only gets sporadic use, and I only have 36000 miles on the 2006 motor.
    Bob