Conversation Between Inline66 and alwill923
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5
  1. Inline66
    10-19-2018 11:28 AM - permalink
    Sounds like a lot of work! I just finished getting the clutch set up yesterday. I used stock parts for a 1990 F150, so it was somewhat straight forward. I also got the shifter and floor done with a 4 speed hump. Now I just have to shorten the driveshaft and it'll be ready to drive.
  2. alwill923
    10-17-2018 04:40 PM - permalink
    I put the clutch mc on the engine side. I used a wildwood master brake cylinder. I made a bell crank arrangement to activate through the fire wall, hard to describe. The flywheel and clutch is a Ram for a 302 engine, with the ram clutch cylinder. Ram was great to work with would recommend. I have lots of pix but I do not know how to send. It was not as easy as I thought it would be. I had to cut the cross member under the bell housing to get the transmission in.
    Had to modify the transmission tunnel for the shifter as I had a 3 on the tree with a 3.70 rear gear.
    I also did some engine work, autometer gauges, ididit steering column etc.etc..........It would take a lot of time to describe everything. I was thinking of doing a build description and posting the pictures but it is a lot of work and I do not know who would be interested.

It rides and shifts great.
  3. Inline66
    10-14-2018 07:04 PM - permalink
    More importantly, how does it drive? I can't wait to see how the clutch feels compared to the lever style .
  4. Inline66
    10-14-2018 07:03 PM - permalink
    Cool, thanks man. So far I've got mine mounted and got the rear support back in place. Next is to set up the clutch and shorten the driveshaft. I'm mounting the clutch master on the engine side of the brake master. Is that where you put yours?
  5. alwill923
    10-11-2018 04:44 PM - permalink
    I just finished the masda R2 in my 65 with a 240. If you want to talk about it or know how I did the conversion let me know.
    Alwill923