Conversation Between Da_Lariat_Chariot and Mark Kovalsky
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5
  1. Da_Lariat_Chariot
    10-11-2016 11:03 AM - permalink
    I have a MightyVac at home, I'll take some out through the cooler lines at the radiator. Thanks.
  2. Mark Kovalsky
    10-10-2016 08:14 PM - permalink
    That's getting close to where the rotating parts will be whipping up the fluid. That's a bad thing. I'd try to get about a pint out of it, and if it's still above the line, a second pint.
  3. Da_Lariat_Chariot
    10-10-2016 12:47 PM - permalink
    I just drove it for at least 20 minutes at various speeds, everything at operating temperature. Rechecked the dipstick, definitely not more than 1/2" over the crosshatches.
  4. Mark Kovalsky
    10-10-2016 10:30 AM - permalink
    I don't know that it's overfilled. It might be underfilled. Checking it with the engine off gives a meaningless reading. The trans has to be warmed up and the engine idling in park to get an accurate reading.
  5. Da_Lariat_Chariot
    10-10-2016 10:20 AM - permalink
    Hey Mark, I went to check my trans fluid after it sat for two hours today and it's ~ 1/2" over the crosshatch on my dipstick. It's for my '91 F150 E4OD 2WD. Funny enough I've only had fluid service done a year ago. Shortly after that I took out two quarts and added some Lucas Stop Slip, and it's been shifting and holding TCC perfect ever since. There's no coolant/oil leak getting into it, the fluid is nice and red, so it being a little over the mark is something to worry about or no?