Conversation Between 52 USCG Panel and 49rusty2
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. 52 USCG Panel
    05-14-2017 03:35 PM - permalink
    Greetings-

I do get up to the area where your summer cabin is located. I was just there today in fact. My brother is building a cottage just outside of Lakewood. I'd be glad to meet up with a fellow FTE member. My truck will not be back on the road by next week, however. Pretty soon though. When the paint gets "dry", I'll be looking for excuses to put miles on my newly rebuilt engine. I'll drop you a line when my truck is drivable again, and we'll see if we can get together.

Welcome to FTE and keep us posted on your progress.

Jim
  2. 49rusty2
    05-14-2017 04:10 AM - permalink
    Hello! Was searching for seat upholstery pics, and found your posts about your seats in your 52 panel. Nice looking seats and panel too! My '49 F1 is still a long ways from being on the road. Still thinking of making it a 4x4 so I can drive it all year round.

I noticed you're not too far from our summer cabin in Wisconsin. I get up there about 6 or 7 times a year, and be up there next week to open the cabin for the summer. If you're ever headed over towards Laona/Mountain area in your panel, shoot me a line to see if I'm up that way. Would be great to see another old Ford truck, and I could buy the ice cream.

Jim