Conversation Between KBOFVA and Rusty Axlerod
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5
  1. KBOFVA
    10-10-2015 07:51 PM - permalink
    found one on E-bay Glowshift is one I have been looking at too
  2. Rusty Axlerod
    10-10-2015 05:04 PM - permalink
    Sounds like a good plan 2 me. Many companies can sell you the pod part. And there's lots of threads about who's gauges to get. I think GlowShift is a popular brand.
  3. KBOFVA
    10-10-2015 03:49 PM - permalink
    I will be getting a ScanGage 2. I think the boost, fuel pressure, oil pressure and EGT,
  4. Rusty Axlerod
    10-10-2015 07:43 AM - permalink
    Hey Ken,
    Glad to hear you got her going! I've thought about gauges myself. Most of the engine parameters are available through the OBD port. You can use a phone, tablet, touchscreen monitor or ScanGauge to see them. The exceptions are EGT, and fuel pressure. You'll need to install the sensors for those also. I'd also add an oil pressure gauge, the one on the dash is really a "dummy gauge" that goes to the center position when the pressure gets to 7psi. So a real gauge for that would be useful also. If you like the look of the 4 gauge pod, the last one is a toss up. If your 03 doesn't have boost gauge that would be a good choice or some guys put a sensor in the coolant overflow tank and monitor the pressure there.
  5. KBOFVA
    10-10-2015 05:06 AM - permalink
    Hey buddy finally was able to get my truck on the road (work and time) so far so good, I was getting ready to buy a pillar 4 gage set what is you thoughts on which ones to fill it up? I was thinking of Oil, Water temp, Boost and exh. temp

2003 6.0 dually
    Ken