Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > sdetweil
Reload this Page >

Conversation Between sdetweil and ike55

Notices
Conversation Between sdetweil and ike55
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5
  1. sdetweil
    03-29-2017 06:52 PM - permalink
    sure.. let me know.. I have moved closer to austin, but still here. and still have the green truck.. my email is the same userid om gmail

Sam
  2. ike55
    01-29-2017 10:24 PM - permalink
    Hi Sam, I can't believe it's been almost 5 years since our last conversation. My son now lives in your area and I get out there a couple times a year to visit. I would like to stop by to look at your truck(s) the next time I am there, and I'm sure my son would enjoy a look too, since he helped me some on my F100 project before he moved away. Let me know if you would be willing to give me your contact info, by email or otherwise. Thanks!
  3. sdetweil
    02-19-2012 04:12 PM - permalink
    I had a chance to measure today..

front is 70 inches to the outside of the front wheels, and 73 to the outside of the rear wheels.

there is at least 8 inches clearance on the front wheels and 6 inches clearance on the rears (at ride height) and 2 inches clearance (bags down)
  4. sdetweil
    02-06-2012 07:16 AM - permalink
    I had my wheels custom made to fit the fender space. I will see when I can measure for you. the rear on the green truck is airbagged.. so when the air is out, the running board is level with the ground.. this tucks the tires up inside the fenders..
    I used this guide for measuring
    Billet Specialties - Measuring Guide & Order Form
  5. ike55
    02-05-2012 11:38 PM - permalink
    Sam, I get a great deal of inspiration from your truck, I am finally beginning to make some progress on mine. I have a couple of questions if you don't mind. I would like to know if you can give me the dimensions from your frame to the outside surface of your front and rear tires. Also, with those measurements, if there is any room left for tire clearance at the top of the tires to the fenders. The reason I am asking is because I purchased a set of tires and wheels but I think they might be too wide. I am using the same front and rear ends as you but I don't have any sheetmetal on the frame to check for clearances. You have been very helpful on this forum and we all appreciate it!

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.