Conversation Between captfatboyf250 and amdriven2liv
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 9 of 9
  1. amdriven2liv
    04-14-2014 01:33 AM - permalink
    Didn't know there was a text limit in this area. Here is the rest of what I wrote! LOL

My fan roars at 218*. But, in seeing the readings in print, the fan can actually be increasing before that, I just don't hear it. Cruising in the summer unloaded, the fan can run around 500-600 rpms. Towing, it will see 1600 Rpms through city driving. 3600 rpms while climbing.

I try to catch the EOT before it reaches 230-234, then I lift my foot to keep it from going much higher.

Hope this eases your mind a bit.

Sean
  2. amdriven2liv
    04-14-2014 01:32 AM - permalink
    Out here in the mountains of the west, I can see 221* ECT with the fan roaring and easily have the EOT at 236* during some climbs. I lost a lot of info on my last computer that showed live readings while pulling. Interesting to see the ECT and EOT along with RPMs and Fan speeds. ( I used the Torque App for these)

During these pulls, before tuning, I would drop the truck into third gear and leave the RPMs up higher. Helps with temps. With tuning, Matt's Unlimited Tow tune, I let the tune do the work. My trailer is a 26.5 ft travel trailer. It, loaded, weighs in at just above 8000#. Plus all the crud in the bed, that might add another 1000#.

After cresting a hill, the ECT drops very quickly, EOT follows it down. I can see ECT hit 195 and EOT still at the 228* mark.It doesn't worry me. The coolant will really cool fast.

Sean
  3. captfatboyf250
    04-13-2014 07:33 PM - permalink
    Sean what ya doing friend?
    Hey camping season is upon us and thank goodness all is well
    On the 6liter front...
    Hey as a fellow trailer puller was interested in some real pulling temps
    Needles to say all temps normal on the road all speeds no load
    But pulling my delta spreads, especially on long up hill pulls but they also
    Come back quick when your off the power, as much as 20-25 Degrees but that is down sifted 2 gears and wot , like I said working hard... What do you think.
    Lee?
  4. amdriven2liv
    10-18-2013 02:17 AM - permalink
    And that is what it's all about! Glad you had a good time breaking in the camper.
  5. captfatboyf250
    10-17-2013 06:16 PM - permalink
    Quote That park looks nice. Has wifi? Kind of defeats getting away from it all! LOL
    For sure but we where having so much fun camping fishin ,,,,,,
    Braking in the new camper never logged on ;-)
  6. amdriven2liv
    10-17-2013 11:42 AM - permalink
    Glad you had a good time. It's nice to get out. Our campgrounds out here in the mountains are closed for the season. the only place left is over on the coast. Wind and rain!

I understand the tender gloves. When I'm towing, most of my thoughts are on the truck!

That park looks nice. Has wifi? Kind of defeats getting away from it all! LOL
  7. captfatboyf250
    10-17-2013 11:25 AM - permalink
    How ya doing buddy first camp trip was a blast went to roaring river state park ( in the ozarks ,sw mo.)
    Still driving her with tender gloves but starts runs pulls real strong best regarded lee
  8. amdriven2liv
  9. captfatboyf250
    09-28-2013 04:38 PM - permalink
    Hey am sorry just started to use scanner so these are special above and be hound clouds to get your scanner to read sorry to pm but I'm lost
    Could you do a land line 4178944616?
    So sorry to bother