Conversation Between TA455HO and 1948F3Ford
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. 1948F3Ford
    05-02-2017 11:58 AM - permalink
    Hi Chad,
    Thanks for the reply! Sorry I am getting back to you late... apparently they wouldn't let me see messages for several days after I created the acct. So did you do anything special to the rims, or just clean them up and paint them? These are the ones with centers riveted through the outer hoop with through rivets? If you have any pictures of your tire/wheel setup you could send that'd be much appreciated.... The one tire shop I talked to said that these rims are tube type and that I'd need to seal the rivets before they could mount a tubeless tire on them. Thanks for your help! -Austin
  2. TA455HO
    04-27-2017 11:33 AM - permalink
    Yes, I'm running tubeless radials on mine. I have not filled up the tires with air in over 2 years and they are still holding the same pressure.
  3. 1948F3Ford
    04-26-2017 07:38 PM - permalink
    Hi Chad,
    I have a question for you on your 8 lug "innie" wheels on your F-250.... I found a full set of (5) at an old salvage yard in Wisconsin and am looking to put them on my 1948 Ford F3 so I can use my factory hubcaps. So you have tubeless tires mounted on those rims?? Are they bias ply or radials? My wheels don't have the little rib to catch/hold the bead... is that the same as yours? Any info you can provide will be much appreciated! Thanks!
    -Austin