Conversation Between steveclv and JWA
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. JWA
    06-02-2012 09:29 AM - permalink
    JWA
    Part 2

Use masking tape to hold the window in place about 6-8" down when removing the complete regulator. Use a good grade of grease inside the window channel so the new regulator roller slides freely.

If you this doesn’t help I’ll share my phone number to talk you through this!

J W
  2. JWA
    06-02-2012 09:28 AM - permalink
    JWA
    Hey Steve! I'm told by NAPA there is a gear replacement kit selling for about $23, p/n 655-1276. I'm not familiar with this as I've always just replaced the entire regulator complete, saving the motor if it all possible. If you're looking for a complete regulator and don't want to buy factory I'd hit eBay and start looking---someone will have them new, imported/aftermarket for a fair price. I'd steer away from used as it won't be any better than your own---left sides wear out because they're all used so much.

WARNING though! These are spring assisted in the lifting direction and removing the motor (or hand crank) will cause that longer arm to snap back on you something fierce! Drilling out the rivets holding the motor in place requires you to clamp both the regulator to something like a bench top AND the arm so they don't move when the motor is free. The motor can be reattached with short 1/4-20 bolts and Nylok nuts.

Part 2 Next!