Conversation Between opkomdalen and whitley
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
  1. opkomdalen
    04-29-2012 01:07 PM - permalink
    Sam, I know how it goes for checking messages. I mean to check everytime I log in but just don't get to it. Good find on some rims. Those WM are simply best replaced. I'm glad to hear you intend to keep it stock. That is the plan for mine because that is why I have an old truck. I enjoy the sounds, smells and ride they give that can only be found in a stocker. You mentioned maybe getting a new 239, is your motor going bad or just haven't started it yet? They are fun.
    Doug
  2. whitley
    04-21-2012 07:36 PM - permalink
    Doug, well I guess I need to check in more often. Thanks for getting back to me. I came up to Erie a few weeks back and found four 17.5" rims at the junk yard on the frontage road. Took me about 3 hours. I would really like to visit the guy behind him, but I guess he is only open on Saturday afternoon. Anyway, give me a call anytime.
    On my F-3 I have the brakes all solid, and the e-brake working also. Cleaned the gas tank, and just waiting on the radiator to get back to me. Hopefully I can get her started at that point. I want to keep her stock, so I may be looking for a new 239 V8 here shortly.
    Thanks,
    Sam
  3. opkomdalen
    04-06-2012 06:00 PM - permalink
    Hi Sam,
    Good to hear from you. Just found your message. Would you be around to get a call this weekend?
    Doug
  4. whitley
    03-31-2012 01:52 PM - permalink
    Doug, this is Sam down in Monument. Still looking for some rims for this 1949 F-3. There are plenty of modern rims that will fit, but I am having a hard time finding something that will look stock like a Gennie style steel wheel. Any ideas?? Give me a call if you would like to (719) 641 9576 cell.