Conversation Between PrinceValium and Nick1986
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
  1. PrinceValium
    01-13-2016 07:51 AM - permalink
    Nick,
    For me I think the trailer also had some vibration to it. I have since sold my boat so I am not towing at the moment. It has really resolved the non towing...and actually did well towing a horse trailer to Arizona without any real issues. That horse trailer had it's own little wobble but the drive towing it was problem free. Hope that helps and good luck with your truck...let me know how it goes!
  2. Nick1986
    01-07-2016 02:57 PM - permalink
    Rob- Thanks for the link! I read the thread completely. Extremely informational!Sounds like the airbags and shims didn't quite resolve the vibration at least when towing. Have you done anything else to help since? Did the shim and airbags help the problem enough that you are living with it?

Look forward to hearing back from you!
    Nick
  3. PrinceValium
    01-05-2016 09:54 AM - permalink
    Hi Nick,
    The easiest thing to do would be for you to read the thread I had on the subject and see if you gt all the info you need from it. If you still have questions afterwards then let me know. Here is the thread:
    https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...rvice-rep.html

Hope that it helps you with your truck!

Rob
  4. Nick1986
    01-01-2016 12:55 PM - permalink
    Rob- I am new to this site, but have been reading numerous threads that you have been explaining your rear end vibrations with your f150. Seems like you know a ton about the subject. I have a 2015 super crew ecoboost 145" with this problem. Doesn't seem to have the low mph shake but the vibe above 60mph when loaded with more than a few hundred pounds or worse when pulling a trailer. I have the RAS system installed and it helps, but it does not do enough when pulling the trailer. Seems to sag enough that the pinion angle is again thrown off. I was wondering what your experience has been like with the airbags? Did it correct the vibration while towing/unloaded? Do i need to shim the rear end pinion angle still with the bags? I would greatly appreciate your input on this. I would love to be able to use my truck as a truck without worrying about this vibration. Thanks