Conversation Between NzDarkStroker and SpringerPop
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
  1. SpringerPop
    02-07-2013 05:47 PM - permalink
    I had some manpower available to me at the time I did that mod, five guys who helped me lift off my bed. That makes everything available at the top of the tank without having to drop it. I suspect if you have the additional help, that it would be far easier than dropping the tank (unless your bed attach bolts are all heavily rusted). Just a thought... -Pop-
  2. NzDarkStroker
    02-07-2013 05:27 PM - permalink
    Thanks SpringerPop... I'm in the process of boarding the preventive maintenance bandwagon and trying to play catch-up fast since I've only had the truck for a few years but plan on keeping as long as possible. The failure prevention thread prompted me reaching out to you...
  3. SpringerPop
    02-07-2013 04:44 PM - permalink
    I can't evaluate if doing the Hutch mod was worthwhile, as I do things for preventive maintenance purposes, not reactive to a problem. As a result, I have very few problems. Sorry I can't be of more help in your evaluation. -Pop-
  4. NzDarkStroker
    02-07-2013 02:17 PM - permalink
    SpringerPop - I see you and many others here have done the hutch mod, was it truly worth the time and effort? About how much time did it take? I've got 117K on my 7.3 and just replaced my stock fuel pump for an aftermarket system assuming that would have fixed my issue...NOT. So it's either a sump or hutch mod...