Conversation Between '89F2urd and smcdonald001
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. '89F2urd
    05-05-2016 09:38 AM - permalink
    You'd be better off searching for similar threads, or starting your own thread....I could write you a book here and it won't be available for everyone else to see.

To sum it up, the egr solenoid is the only one that needs vacuum to it. You can delete the vac lines to the other 2 solenoids, capping where appropriate, but leave the electrical harness plugged in. Leave the egr system alone, with vac line running from the intake to the coffee can, from coffee can to the egr solenoid, from solenoid to egr on intake.
  2. smcdonald001
    05-04-2016 12:29 PM - permalink
    in a recent post by you, about a 351w 5.8l

You can get rid of a lot of the hoses and vac lines. Remove air pump and all associated parts/hoses. The only vac lines you need to keep are:

-line to fuel press regulator directly off manifold
    -line to map sensor directly off manifold
    -line to coffee can from intake, from coffee can to egr solenoid, from solenoid to egr valve.
    -line to brake booster

everything else can be deleted, although it's not a bad idea to keep the evap system in tact as it has no adverse effects on performance and can make your truck smell like gas when parked on hot days.

Could you elaborate more on exactly what can be deleted. I recently purchased a 95 f350 with a 5.8l in it. truck runs, but not the best. I would love to get rid of anything thats not needed under the hood. Next to the coil I believe its called TAB, TAD can I lose those as well?