Conversation Between Shawns Fords and goofygirl
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. Shawns Fords
    12-01-2013 02:39 PM - permalink
    Hi Goofygirl, sorry I havent replied on here. I have been busy with other life adventures. I bought the glass and tracks from Bobs F100 parts, they are not take offs from any other vehicle they are cut specifically for the purpose of removing the wing windows on the slicks. I did buy my power window motor kit from streamline and then modified them to work with the glass. You have to have some movement to allow the glass to go up then forward a little bit. This is quite a project and takes some work to get it completed.

I went with the 460 for several reasons. One is the power is much better and I like a durable engine which isn't going to give me fits. Also, all of my 460s got better mileage when tuned to work as they have to work less than the 351w. And it takes less modifications to have readily available power because the engine already has plenty. I hope that helps.
  2. goofygirl
    11-02-2013 11:43 AM - permalink
    I'm doing a build up on 1960 f-100 and saw your post to where you got rid of your wing window and replaced it with one piece glass. What vehicle was the one piece glass from? Donor vehicle? Can you buy the electric s from streamline and have the glass cut to fit? (Just curious about the specs. on the glass from Bob's F-100 Parts?)
    Thank you in advance for any help or information concerning this post. What is your take on engines for this truck; 351 vs 429/460?