Conversation Between Tugly and SrFox
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. SrFox
    05-11-2017 09:33 AM - permalink
    My email is srfoxmexico@gmail.com and one of my websites are Foxes Travel - Our Travel Photo Diaries, Road Grades, Clearances and information as we travel - US, Canada and Mexico and romamexico.com if you would like to see who I am. Thanks in advance for your time.
    Fox
  2. SrFox
    05-11-2017 09:32 AM - permalink
    Hey I have seen some very informative post from you and have a question for you if you don't mind. I have a Ford 7.3 and run the Torque app with the Trans Fluid PID you have posted. Mine seems to measure the internal temp of the trans. I have checked both the pan temps and the return line temps with a laser thermometer and these temps are about 20 to 30 degrees less than what my Torque shows. I pull an 18,000 lb fifth wheel about 15,000 miles a year and many of these in the mountains. According to my Torque, I should have burnt my tranny years ago. Is there any way of calibrating the PID so the Torque will show 20 degrees less? I know I can just adjust mentally but I am too OCD to like that. I have a computer background so I know to not just mess with stuff without asking an expert first.