Conversation Between crsmiffy and privateer, eh
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 8 of 8
  1. privateer, eh
    02-29-2016 11:18 PM - permalink
    good to hear from you, this global economy is pretty tough on us all. These fools up here think this is Saudi Arabia not Alberta, we have the dirtiest, most expensive oil on earth. Our government has decided oil is going to sell at $50 us a barrel next year and they're basing their budgets on that LOFL.
    Got my problem out of the neighborhood and now this is a nice friendly street. Am building a big tool, 10'h x 10'w x 19.5'l gantry crane, just need to finish making the leg to beam brackets. Had to do 50' of trenching to put in the tracks and drive axle at the start, have a motor system to drive it to. Landlord doesn't mind as theres 2 sets of buyers if they ever want to sell the house and I come with the house, ha ha ha.

Hope the move serves you well, to bad about the Gal. Have a good day, keep on sloggin at it and you'll come out on top.
  2. crsmiffy
    02-29-2016 08:50 PM - permalink
    well, I've been in aussie nearly 10 years now and heading back to NZ in the next few months I hope. Works been up and down, and frankly that's been the last straw for me. Checked with the local rear estators and the market is up a little so I wont have to punish myself for the next 12 months to pay for the move. Only thing is I may not take the old 72 back home with me. AND its been outside for the last couple of years and the rust needs looking at. Ahh well good to hear you are doing well.
  3. privateer, eh
    02-20-2016 01:17 PM - permalink
    Hey, hows it going CR, things are getting rosier around here and am getting ready for a really strong spring. Health is picking up as some of those long term healing processes are finally taking effect.
  4. crsmiffy
    04-18-2013 05:15 PM - permalink
    depends what work on the truck is. been under the GAl a few times now for suspension and engine stuff and I always feel like I've been run over by a bus, but there was usually a lot of pushing/pulling and swearing. Did a set of engine bearings in place (not fun!), buggered for days. would agree though it doesnt really keep you fit.
  5. privateer, eh
    04-17-2013 12:09 AM - permalink
    Have health issue and truck is retirement project, figured working on truck covered daily 2 hour walk. I figured wrong, good thing the sweetheart was over for the night as the ticker started to act up, hadn't done that before. Only took 3 1/2hours of pain to convince me to go to hospital. Every things good now and I know the reason why I got to take a walk every day. Haven't seen a 72 galaxy in 30 years, had a neighbour who had a 72 and a 65. I was a young snit back then. Your dodging rain and I'm dodging snow.
  6. crsmiffy
    04-16-2013 01:42 AM - permalink
    what do you mean just about bit it?
  7. crsmiffy
    04-16-2013 01:41 AM - permalink
    sorry didnt see this message-sounds like a good project. bored as crap at work. just finished shortening the front springs in the 72 galaxie over the weekend. Out in the yard so between the rain and working on the kids sleepout down the back, finally glad to see that running. dropped 1-1/8 out. made a difference
  8. privateer, eh
    04-10-2013 11:11 PM - permalink
    almost bit it 2 1/2 weeks ago, today was first day back. 78 Cab is on 89 frame, just have to finish cab mounts. Has altered wheelbase look, check my library. So,. how was your day