Conversation Between DieselHardware and Freddyack
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. DieselHardware
    02-16-2014 01:12 PM - permalink
    Thanks for the info. More than I had been able to figure out so far. Looks like I will have 30 days to get a CO drivers license and then 90 days to get the truck registered so at least there won't be a rush once we get there to get it all done.
  2. Freddyack
    02-15-2014 08:17 AM - permalink
    OK, more information about Colorado:

Inspections are annual. Inspection documentation must be presented in person to /get plates. Plates are sold by county DMV locations. To get a drivers license, you have to go to a different location (PITA )

I use CarTech, 1730 W Mississippi Ave, Denver 80223. Small shop, yellow building. Out of state truck must get a VIN verification. CarTech does this, too. Emission cost $55 and VIN verification $20.

One final thing. As far as I know, CO does not check for factory installed emissions equipment...at least CarTech doesnt.
  3. Freddyack
    02-15-2014 08:17 AM - permalink
    Hi: I am new to this forum but am a non Ford diesel owner (for now). I saw your post about Colorado emissions inspection. Here is some info from the CO DMV:

Diesel Opacity Test
    Vehicles that run on diesel fuel will be given a diesel opacity test.

Whether you are required to get a Colorado emissions test depends on where you live. If you either reside or work in the emissions testing area, your vehicle will need to be inspected. Some counties require testing throughout the entire county, while others only require it in parts of the county.
    Emissions testing throughout the entire county:

Boulder
    Broomfield
    Denver
    Jefferson

Counties that only require emissions testing in certain parts of the county are:

Adams
    Arapahoe
    Larimer
    Weld
    El Paso County requires ONLY diesel inspections and those are limited to certain parts of the county.

Hope this helps